mtbr member
    Aug 2009

2005 prophet 800 lefty a good bike

hi was looking into buying a new bike and there is a 2005 prophet 800 for 900. i would like to know if this was a good bike and a good deal. the bike is brand new only rode 2 times it still has the hairs on the tires

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I had a 1000 prophet 2005 that was a great bike. Up graded to a 2009 rise 2 weeks ago. Sold my prophet for 950.00 It had a good 1000 miles on it.. I would say a fair deal
    Jim

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    That's probably a good deal. Just keep in mind 800 has the dual control shifter/brake levers, which most seem to really dislike.

I noticed you're in MA, I've seen the same bike on CL and contacted the seller to let him know the exact model and year - even though he no longer claims it is a 2009, he still has it listed as a prophet 2.

mtbr member
    Sounds like a good deal - saw that listed too but I already have a prophet.

Actually, being from the North Shore too I just felt the need to post up. Glosta checkin in!
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Same here - the TPC lefty on the 800, and it being pretty new, and the sweet gloss black is tempting. But I have a 2005 prophet 600 I bought for $650 this spring. It replaced my old 2005 prophet I lost in that huge Peabody fire last year.. Now I'm in Lynnfield, right on the edge of Lynn woods!

Just a flesh wound

I have the same

Great bike. It has been upgraded over time, but the basic bike is awesome. I am in MA and it works great here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    have an 05 prophet 600 got it for 900 in 05, bike rocks, love it,definitely pull the trigger you will not be disappointed.......bike really kicks arse

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    how is the dual control sytem is it more of a pain then helpful
    it seems like this is a popular bike for around here im in ipswich

Just a flesh wound

Dual control is great

When coupled with rapid rise it is great. Totally intuitive after a bit and easy to get used to.

Just a flick of the finger(s) and you are shifting without any awkward twisting or thumb pushing.

I have to admit that triggers and twists are good as well, but I can't understand why someone wouldn't like dual control..unless they did NOT have rapid rise. Terrible combination.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009