mtbr member
    Feb 2008

2005 F600 opinions?

I am thinking of buying my first bike used. It seems you get alot more bike for your money.
    What is the consensus on the 2005 F600 with the rivet paint scheme? How upgradeable is it for the future?

Also any recommendations on my first bike for under $1000? I am going to ride a couple of days a week on mostly xc stuff. I want to get a bike that can grow with me as I get better. Most of the local shops I have visited said if my budget is only $1000 to go with a hardtail. Opinions or recommendations would really help.

Thanks
    DBunch

Is dang happy!
    If the headshock has been serviced and is working *perfectly* It would be an option.
    Whatever you get make sure it is the right size and style for your type of riding. The Cannondale is a light stiff XC bike that will fly up hills but may be harsh on the way down.
    The wheel is a extension of the foot

I Tried Them ALL... Moderator
    You will like the 2005 Furio(WWII paint scheme) very much. Don't make the same mistake I did, and get a size too large. Otherwise, the beefy seatstays of the 2005-2006 Furios are STIFF- and can take on some serious trails. I have a new 2006 Furio frame FS. PM me if interested....