mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2005 F4000sl what do you think?

Is it me or have Cannondale just changed this bike from cool looking to yuk.

They seemed to have changed the geometry of the Optimo frame. 2004 model had a sloping top tube. This years model seems to be parallel.

Its just not got my fancy this year even though I know the components are better.

Why do they do these things.

Now I am going to have to look elsewhere or wait till 2006.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    A friend of mine just got a new Optimo frame through warranty since she cracked her f2000. It's the same as mine (a 2004) size, paint and all, except that the chainstays are curved in the same manner as the seatstays. Mine are straight, more or less. Looking at the detail of the new Optimo frame on the Cdale website, I'm led to believe she got an early run 2005 with 2004 livery. At any rate, the change in the chainstays is all I can see that's different. Everything else, top tube included, looks the same to me.

mtbr member
    It's due to the size. Go above medium and the slope looks less aggressive and attractive. It's always been like this.

Huge Tracts of Land
    ditto GrantB I would have to agree the last couple of C'Dales I have gotten have been close to the release of the new models and have in fact being wolves in sheep's clothing --> if you get a good deal you get the best of both worlds

It's hard to judge bikes by looking at an artist's rendition I must say but I guess as Clint says "opinions are like arseholes . . . everyone has one"

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by KleinAttitude
    Is it me or have Cannondale just changed this bike from cool looking to yuk.

They seemed to have changed the geometry of the Optimo frame. 2004 model had a sloping top tube. This years model seems to be parallel.

Its just not got my fancy this year even though I know the components are better.

Why do they do these things.

Now I am going to have to look elsewhere or wait till 2006.
    it's a large frame depicted.
    M or S willstill have the "look"

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Its weird.

Its growing on me. Everytime I go back and look it gets better. I still prefer the 2004 model easily. But the 2005 is starting to appeal to me.

Same with the Prophet 2000.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Cannondale Paint

i personnally LOVE the new f4000sl, but if you dont happen to be on the siemans mobile team the paint job is dumb, just dumb. The inertia valve lefty looks like just the ticket!!!
    If anyone has the weight SPIT IT OUT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Why is the painjob dumb if you are not on the siemans team lol.

Huge Tracts of Land
    yeah I used to not like the paint job --> idiots coming up and saying semen that's rude and an oddly cold looking grey but now it has grown on me and to be honest it rides too damn well to be down about a colour

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I got the Optimo frame at the start of the racing season. I wasn't too stoked about the team livery, I kind of hoped you could buy the jet black f2000 type frame alone but no such luck. Now I love it. I have a black fork on that gray frame, and to me it looks very Darth Vader. With faux sponsorship. The ride justifies whatever indignity might be visited upon you by all the team crud. Totally.
    Someone suggested that the new lefty has some Cannondale version of an inertial valve? Somehow I didn't get that from the website. If so, then I say wow. Very cool.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

Sieman the Fox

yeah ok, the paint job is kinda growing on me to, although the black anno. is is still my favorite. It said on the cannondale site under 05 bikes that the lefty that comes on the siemans team bikes has a FOX inertia valve,that makes the perfect fork,
    and another reason to buy a siemans team bike!

it would be cool if you could personnalize your cannondale like my brothers Seven with your name/sponser on the top tube.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    cannondale rep told me about 20 out of the box when he was in the shop