Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 53
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CSPRINGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    447

    2005 C'dale PROPHET ?

    Dear all,
    Anyone have a picture of the new 2005 C'dale PROPHET taken from the non drive side showing pivot points?

    I need an image for analysis.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by CSPRINGS
    Dear all,
    Anyone have a picture of the new 2005 C'dale PROPHET taken from the non drive side showing pivot points?

    I need an image for analysis.

    Thanks in advance
    Some close-up and another one... may not be the best to actually analyse it. Are you trying to figure out the rate? The geometry makes it looks like a falling rate but coupled with the very rising rate of the Swinger Air shock, it should produce a nice feel.



    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 08-06-2004 at 07:59 AM.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Some close-up and another one... may not be the best to actually analyse it. Are you trying to figure out the rate? The geometry makes it looks like a falling rate but coupled with the very rising rate of the Swinger Air shock, it should produce a nice feel.



    Has anyone been able to demo the Prophet? The guys at the lbs said that it was very nice, but had an entirely different feel than the Jekyll (not as nimble). I am digging the slack head angles, but I wonder how high that bottom braket is? Any input?

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CSPRINGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    447

    Prophet vs VT

    Thanks for the photos, any one have another one taken from non drive side reasonably closeup showing front and rear dropouts and the entire frameset in between?

    Gun,
    My bro who owns a Scalpel and was riding a VT for that week, said he preferred the Prophet to the VT. The VT seemed to have an effectively lower BB and he was getting more pedal smacks compared to the Prophet.

    Only heresay but the only info I can offer.

  5. #5
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435

    13"

    The BB is 13" high according to Singletrack Mag (don't know with what head angle tough). The slacker head angle must be to blame for the relative loss of nimbleness but I wont be judging it until the bike shows up, and remember it can be set at 69 or 67.5. It's going to make it more stable at high speed tough.


    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    The BB is 13" high according to Singletrack Mag (don't know with what head angle tough). The slacker head angle must be to blame for the relative loss of nimbleness but I wont be judging it until the bike shows up, and remember it can be set at 69 or 67.5. It's going to make it more stable at high speed tough.

    I agree, that head angle will help on steep declines and feel more stable when blasting down hill. Would the difference between 70.5 and 67 degrees make a difference in the number of times a rider comes up over the hand bars? In other words, is it going to help prevent that?

    I see alot of x country racers tip this way and was wondering whether it resulted from their rides ( steep head angles) or the type of technical terrain they cover?

  7. #7
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Of course it will help a bit, but the problem is most of the time due to the rider's skills more than the bike's geometry...

    I think the position you have on a bike makes a bigger difference for this than the actual head angle. My last bike had a very stretched out cockpit with a low front end with a 71 head angle and there are places I couldn't physically go down without being thrown over the bars. My current bike has a not much slacker angle of 70 but with a riser bar and a much higher fork I can go down the same trail without problems.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 08-06-2004 at 05:34 PM. Reason: I love to edit!

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Of course it will help a bit, but the problem is most of the time due to the rider's skills more than the bike's geometry...

    I think the position you have on a bike makes a bigger difference for this than the actual head angle. My last bike had a very streched out cockpit with a low front end with a 71 head angle and there are places I couldn't physically go down without being thrown over the bars. My current bike has a not much slacker angle of 70 but with a riser bar and a much higher fork I can go down the same trail without problems.
    Dan Gerous,

    Were you using a longer stem with your old bike?

  9. #9
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    Dan Gerous,

    Were you using a longer stem with your old bike?
    Yes I was, dont remember how long but it was longer and set lower. The bike was a Cannondale F1000 setup as a light race/climbing machine. It climbed so easily but I paid the price when going into more DH-style trails. Now I have what they call an All-Mountain bike, Fisher Cake 1_DLX with a 5" fork, riser bars and a 90mm stem. I like that type of bike more than XC race bikes I had been riding forever before, they feel a lot better on the very technical trails I mostly ride.

    I will probably end-up selling the Fisher tough to get a Prophet 2000 or 4000, depending on prices and my budget...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  10. #10
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435

    Found one!

    OK, found a non-drive side picture of the entire bike but it's quite small and at an angle:
    Attached Images Attached Images

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  11. #11
    Harmonius Wrench
    Reputation: Guitar Ted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    8,210

    Uncanny resemblence?

    Just popped over here from the vintage/ Classic board and thought that this C'dale reminded me of a Mantis Pro-Floater. Although; I admit, a much updated version of that classic. Guess there really isn't anything "new" out there, just re-hashing of old designs. If it is anything like the Pro- Floater was in it's day, this C'dale should be very good!
    Riden' an Smilin'
    Guitar Ted

    Blog
    RidingGravel.com

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CSPRINGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    447

    Geometric Confusion ??

    Thanks all for the pics and interesting discussion. It reminds me of the DBR X frame series to some degree. Nice looking 13 inch BB and 67 degree head angle?

    Thats like XC BB height but DH head angle. Seems like a bit of geometry confusion. Seems like 67degrees would beg for more BB height and vice versa 13 inch BB would beg for 69-70 HA.

    Just my 2 centavos....
    Peace

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    785
    here is a PowePoint presentation of the Prophet. Not much of true information, except for the message from the creator. Well see for yourself.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    785
    another page with some information. this time w/ photos of actual models - ugly graphic beware

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jm03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    335
    Did cannondale make that graphic?

  16. #16
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    Did cannondale make that graphic?
    Thank god no! Look at the small type at the bottom of the homepage:

    "This site is not owned, affiliated or operated by Cannondale.

    All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Planet Cycle, The Technology To Win, and the Planet Cycle Globe logo are ® and ™ of Planet Cycle all rights reserved. ©2004 Planet Cycle.

    Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this web site is strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 19 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030."

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jm03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    335
    ------
    Last edited by jm03; 08-11-2004 at 10:41 AM.

  18. #18
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Thank god no! Look at the small type at the bottom of the homepage:

    "This site is not owned, affiliated or operated by Cannondale.

    All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Planet Cycle, The Technology To Win, and the Planet Cycle Globe logo are ® and ™ of Planet Cycle all rights reserved. ©2004 Planet Cycle.

    Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this web site is strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 19 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030."
    Those new Prohpets are sweet! Wow- they are going to be really nice. I am sure by next Spring we will have a complete idea as to how they perform.

    It is tempting to sell my 04 Jekyll and get into one of those, but I'm REALLY liking the Jekyll. Any one else thinking of selling their current ride and springing for one of those babies?

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    I just assumed it was a cannondale graphic because someone had to put a good amount of time into that, and it's ugly, and disrespectful toward christians.
    It is a cannondale graphic from thier pre-introduction literature.
    Being a Christian, I found no disrespect in it at all, sorry if you are offended.
    As more stuff becomes available, the site and probably that image, will change. August 20th I should have a Prophet to test ride/photograph/play with.

  20. #20
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CSPRINGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    447

    Religosity Ignorance

    Hey all,
    This is mountainbiking not POPE ON THE ROPE hour. Keep the religi-crap outta here. Consider this many of the most henious crimes against nature, man,humanity, and the GODS were propogated and supported by Christians and their leaders against other Christians and others who were/are better informed.

    Enough said...

    Peace...

  21. #21
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    The ad with Cedric and all the christian graphics are official but that El Cheapo web site isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    It is tempting to sell my 04 Jekyll and get into one of those, but I'm REALLY liking the Jekyll. Any one else thinking of selling their current ride and springing for one of those babies?
    I am, but I have issues with my current bike. It's a 2004 but I won't keep it for too long. If I was happy with my current bike, I wouldn't be so tempted. Now I just have to wait for the official specs, geometry and prices to decide between the Prophet 4000 or 2000... Oh and maybe a test ride wouldn't hurt.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Now I just have to wait for the official specs, geometry and prices to decide between the Prophet 4000 or 2000... Oh and maybe a test ride wouldn't hurt.
    The specs are official.
    The prices are Cannondales USA MSRPs
    I don't have geometries and technical info yet, there are a lot of sizes for a full suspension bike, fit should be nice.
    These bikes have already begun to ship. Therre will also be a mid-year introduction of a model between the 800 and 1000.

    Sorry you don't like the site. I put effort into pumping up a product and getting info out on my own time with my own resources. Thanks (I guess) for visiting it.

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleProphet
    The specs are official.
    The prices are Cannondales USA MSRPs
    I don't have geometries and technical info yet, there are a lot of sizes for a full suspension bike, fit should be nice.
    These bikes have already begun to ship. Therre will also be a mid-year introduction of a model between the 800 and 1000.

    Sorry you don't like the site. I put effort into pumping up a product and getting info out on my own time with my own resources. Thanks (I guess) for visiting it.
    I am also a Christian and did not find your site offensive; however, I can see how it might be polarizing. Either way, the info on the bikes was very good- especially in light of how secrative Cannondale has been. Thanks. So far all the info has been third parties.

    I think the Prophet would be the perfect ride for the terrain I ride. If I didn't just get an 04 Jekyll 1000 I would definetly be in line for one- probably the 4000.

  24. #24
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleProphet
    The specs are official.
    The prices are Cannondales USA MSRPs
    I don't have geometries and technical info yet, there are a lot of sizes for a full suspension bike, fit should be nice.
    These bikes have already begun to ship. Therre will also be a mid-year introduction of a model between the 800 and 1000.

    Sorry you don't like the site. I put effort into pumping up a product and getting info out on my own time with my own resources. Thanks (I guess) for visiting it.
    I didn't catch the prices, I'll have to check again but prices vary a lot in Canada anyway. How does the prices compare with the 2004 Jekyll line-up?

    I didn't mean to say your web site isn't nice or anything but it's clearly not Cannondale's corporate image.

    And to those saying Cannondale is too tight-lipped about the bike, it's just because the official release date is August 15th so we should have more details soon.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  25. #25
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    I didn't catch the prices, I'll have to check again but prices vary a lot in Canada anyway. How does the prices compare with the 2004 Jekyll line-up?

    I didn't mean to say your web site isn't nice or anything but it's clearly not Cannondale's corporate image.

    And to those saying Cannondale is too tight-lipped about the bike, it's just because the official release date is August 15th so we should have more details soon.
    Ouch 5000$ for the Prophet 4000. I think it's going to be a Prophet 2000 for me... I would have liked to get the X.9 triggers and X.0 rear derailleur tough. And I'll switch the tires for USTs...
    Attached Images Attached Images

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Ouch 5000$ for the Prophet 4000. I think it's going to be a Prophet 2000 for me... I would have liked to get the X.9 triggers and X.0 rear derailleur tough. And I'll switch the tires for USTs...

    Yickes! I guess I have to look at the price again. That is way too high for me. I am selling my car for that price.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: pecka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    785
    I also consider selling my '03 Jekyll 1000, but I would go w/ Prophet 4000 - I would like 2000 if it had the same Lefty - but looking at the specs it seems that it's missing the Ti spring. There are two factors that stop me from being complete Prophet convert - first is obviously the price for 4000 and the second one is that I'm not sure if the bike is right for my style - technical XC mostly - I really like to climb. I still wonder if the Scalpel is the RIGHT bike for me - maybe I will keep the Jekyll, get Prophet and starve for the next few years.

  28. #28
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    67
    How about $9000 for the 4000 and $6000 for the 2000 in Australia.
    It looks like the 2000 for me.

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    109
    Quote Originally Posted by obsessivecompulsivemtb
    How about $9000 for the 4000 and $6000 for the 2000 in Australia.
    It looks like the 2000 for me.
    I compared the specs on the 04 Jekylls and the new Prophets. The 04's seem to be speced a little better. Also, lbs in San Diego told me that all the bikes are going to be 10% more expensive.

    If it is time for a new bike, look into the Prophet. If you have a fairly new bike, and are enjoying it- ride it till the wheels fall off. Just ask the folks on their Super V's- they still seem to like them alot. However, it might be a little more difficult to sell a Jekyll down the road if they are discontinued and less desirable.


    What is fluid flow on the Prophet 600's lefty?

  30. #30
    Bike Breaker.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,762

    New bike

    I would consider the prophet if I were selling my gemini, although I am not, If I had a descision when I sold my s-works, I would have had to read the reviews and a test ride, though at the time I wanted a single pivot, though had aimed at a coil shock. That silver Prophet is the same raw finish as my 04 2000, certainly has a cool finish.

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtbykr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    445

    Me too

    I would like 2000 if it had the same Lefty - but looking at the specs it seems that it's missing the Ti spring
    i am in the same boat. i actually prefer the 2000 components, but looks like it comes with the regular max whereas the 4000 has the carbon with ti-spring. for the first time in my life i am considering buying something other than a c-dale to replace my jekyll (hammerhead 100x) but will hold off until i learn more about the prophet
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

  32. #32
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    How much difference in weight is there between the Lefty Max Carbon with Ti spring and the Lefty Max Carbon with the regular spring? Other than the spring, it's the same fork. If I spend the 1700$ more for the 4000, it's more because of the Crossmax SL, SRAM X.0 and X.9 triggers, FSA components and Marta SL brakes...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  33. #33
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    For CSSPRING: Here is a graphic of the frame alone for your analysis. I don't know how precise or real it is so take it as an estimate...
    Attached Images Attached Images

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  34. #34
    Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by catnash
    That silver Prophet is the same raw finish as my 04 2000, certainly has a cool finish.
    That finish is actually a galvanized texture similar to what you would see on galvanized steel. It is a rough ball burnishing technique that produces a very cool effect. People will be shocked when they see it. As for the official Prophet info I would expect that to be online on monday or tuesday.

    -Ron

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Go Kart Motzart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,239
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    i am in the same boat. i actually prefer the 2000 components, but looks like it comes with the regular max whereas the 4000 has the carbon with ti-spring. for the first time in my life i am considering buying something other than a c-dale to replace my jekyll (hammerhead 100x) but will hold off until i learn more about the prophet
    Couldn't you just buy the ti spring?

  36. #36
    I ride therefore I am.
    Reputation: jekyllman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    75

    Good job! Selling the Jekyll Hmmmm?

    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    Those new Prohpets are sweet! Wow- they are going to be really nice. I am sure by next Spring we will have a complete idea as to how they perform.

    It is tempting to sell my 04 Jekyll and get into one of those, but I'm REALLY liking the Jekyll. Any one else thinking of selling their current ride and springing for one of those babies?
    I'd have to test ride one but from what I've read, I would consider selling my '04 Jekyll...and '03 Scalpel for one ride.
    It would be hard to do but I'm into change for the better!!!
    It took truck loads of cash and a lot of testing to get my Scalpel below 24lbs.
    A light weight bike as fun as my Jekyll...One bike that can handle both disciplines....I'm for it!!!!!

  37. #37
    IMBA Canada
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    845
    I have a 04 Giant VT2 with a few upgrades for sale now... Ever since i've heard of the prophet, i can't think about keeping the Giant Anymore! I love the VT, it's an awsome bike... but it doesn't have the personnality of the Cannondale! I think i'll get the 1000 or 2000... Definately not the 4000, i can't afford that!

    The 1000 is only missing the Carbon lefty for it to be perfect... The 2000 is good but i don't like the dual control **** on it... I would love the 4000, it has everything...

    Oh and by the way: GIANT VT2 for sale! (and Intense M1 also---> I might afford the 4000 then!)

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation: CSPRINGS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    447

    Thanks for images

    DanG, et al
    Thanks for your images they are useful indeed.

    CSPRINGS

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MoreCF&TiPlease's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    66
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Kart Motzart
    Couldn't you just buy the ti spring?
    That's what I was thinking of doing. Ti spring, Cb triple Ti's, and eventually upgrade to the 4-way swinger.

    Anyone have any new info?

  40. #40
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCF&TiPlease
    Anyone have any new info?
    Yes, I ordered mine today!

    I wont have it for weeks tough, I don't think I'll have the chance to try it before winter falls from the sky.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  41. #41
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864

    My Prophet shipped this morning!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Yes, I ordered mine today!

    I wont have it for weeks tough, I don't think I'll have the chance to try it before winter falls from the sky.
    My Prophet 1000 shipped this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I'll be out of town when it gets here, (Interbike).

    I'll be building it up next Thursdayevening when I return.

    I'm actually having second thoughts on Interbike. I have to go, but…

    Come down and ride your Prophet here, when winter starts, there.

    more info on our <a href="http://www.wowarizona.com/daze.html" target="_blank">Cannondale/DirtCamp "Mountain Daze"</a>
    Attached Images Attached Images
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  42. #42
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.
    My Prophet 1000 shipped this morning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, I'll be out of town when it gets here, (Interbike).

    I'll be building it up next Thursdayevening when I return.

    I'm actually having second thoughts on Interbike. I have to go, but�

    Come down and ride your Prophet here, when winter starts, there.

    more info on our <a href="http://www.wowarizona.com/daze.html" target="_blank">Cannondale/DirtCamp "Mountain Daze"</a>
    The 1000 will be the first Prophets to ship. I have to wait till the end of November or maybe even December for my 2000...


    Me and a couple of friends were talking about taking a trip to Moab this winter (I'd be able to ride my new bike before summer gets here). I'm not convinced about that destination tough, I'm not too fond of riding in sand...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  43. #43
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864

    Less Sand in Tucson than Moab

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    The 1000 will be the first Prophets to ship. I have to wait till the end of November or maybe even December for my 2000...


    Me and a couple of friends were talking about taking a trip to Moab this winter (I'd be able to ride my new bike before summer gets here). I'm not convinced about that destination tough, I'm not too fond of riding in sand...
    Less sand here than Moab, (it, Moab too is in desert, just less vegetaion, more sand)…your concept of the riding here is a bit skewed, it's great. Tucson Valley, like Phoenix or any valley in the west is just rock and sand. We are 30 miles north of Tucson in the mountain foothills. There are spots/stretches of sand, but nothing like "the confectioner's sugar" up in Moab.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  44. #44
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    Quote Originally Posted by C.J.
    Less sand here than Moab, (it, Moab too is in desert, just less vegetaion, more sand)…your concept of the riding here is a bit skewed, it's great. Tucson Valley, like Phoenix or any valley in the west is just rock and sand. We are 30 miles north of Tucson in the mountain foothills. There are spots/stretches of sand, but nothing like "the confectioner's sugar" up in Moab.
    I didn't say it wasn't great, since I've never been there, I cannot say. Around here (eastern Canada), the soil is much more humid, lots of mud, roots, rocks, very technical usualy. When I hit the occasionnal sand patch, I don't like it too much but I was looking at videos from Pete's website and the sand doesn't seem to be like here, you can still go fast. Here, you just sink and can hardly pedal and steer in there... and it kills bike parts. Looks like it could be a fun place to go...

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  45. #45
    wowarizona.com
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    864

    not meant to be bladder test

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    I didn't say it wasn't great, since I've never been there, I cannot say. Around here (eastern Canada), the soil is much more humid, lots of mud, roots, rocks, very technical usualy. When I hit the occasionnal sand patch, I don't like it too much but I was looking at videos from Pete's website and the sand doesn't seem to be like here, you can still go fast. Here, you just sink and can hardly pedal and steer in there... and it kills bike parts. Looks like it could be a fun place to go...
    Completely different here.

    I saw a post about a guy coming out to Tucson, wanted, "nice" trails, not too technical, etc, said he didn't mind falling. I laughed so hard, I had tears!

    All the trails are pretty technical. Lots of rocks, and you DON'T TUCK AND ROLL WHEN YOU FALL! Cactus bites ya'

    check out some trail shots in my mtbr gallery I also have posted a lot in the Arizona forum

    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&ppuser=234744

    Come on down, anytime, Ill show you some "local" stuff.
    CJ
    WOW Arizona!

  46. #46
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    I may just take your word for it! Don't know when tough.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  47. #47
    Poser
    Reputation: direktor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    238
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    The 1000 will be the first Prophets to ship. I have to wait till the end of November or maybe even December for my 2000...
    Wha?

    REI and Sports Chalet have the 600s here in socal already. I looked at one last Friday. Only color is red though. Rode it around the parking lot.

    I was told 600s first then moving up from there. I'd like to see either a blue 600 or either of the 800s.

  48. #48
    LA CHÈVRE
    Reputation: Dan Gerous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    9,435
    It may be a Canadian thing, here there are no Prophets in sight yet, the only model seen is the 1000 that the reps have shown to the shops.

    DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

  49. #49
    Bike Breaker.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,762

    Upset Uk

    They'rew not in the uk yet, almost.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    245
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    How much difference in weight is there between the Lefty Max Carbon with Ti spring and the Lefty Max Carbon with the regular spring? ..
    On the cannondale catalog, it stated that ti spring carbon max will be 70g or .15lb. lighter than the regular carbon max, which is 3.85lb for ti carbon max and 4.00lb for carbon max. too bad they wouldn't able to ship out any prophet 2000 until late nov or early dec. maybe they are still testing or fine tuning the carbon lefty w/ spv, cause i saw a prophet 600 or 800 w/ regulat max w/o spv in my LBS.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 69
    Last Post: 09-03-2004, 04:39 PM
  2. Whistler and 2005 Marzocchi Line
    By Photo-John in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 08-10-2004, 03:46 PM
  3. 2005 Giants
    By racer in forum Giant
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 08:46 PM
  4. 2005 Gary Fisher specs
    By dissonance in forum Trek
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 01:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •