Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member

2005 C'dale PROPHET ?

Dear all,
    Anyone have a picture of the new 2005 C'dale PROPHET taken from the non drive side showing pivot points?

I need an image for analysis.

Thanks in advance

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by CSPRINGS
    Dear all,
    Anyone have a picture of the new 2005 C'dale PROPHET taken from the non drive side showing pivot points?

I need an image for analysis.

Thanks in advance
    Some close-up and another one... may not be the best to actually analyse it. Are you trying to figure out the rate? The geometry makes it looks like a falling rate but coupled with the very rising rate of the Swinger Air shock, it should produce a nice feel.

Last edited by Dan Gerous; 08-06-2004 at 07:59 AM.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    Some close-up and another one... may not be the best to actually analyse it. Are you trying to figure out the rate? The geometry makes it looks like a falling rate but coupled with the very rising rate of the Swinger Air shock, it should produce a nice feel.

Has anyone been able to demo the Prophet? The guys at the lbs said that it was very nice, but had an entirely different feel than the Jekyll (not as nimble). I am digging the slack head angles, but I wonder how high that bottom braket is? Any input?

mtbr member

Prophet vs VT

Thanks for the photos, any one have another one taken from non drive side reasonably closeup showing front and rear dropouts and the entire frameset in between?

Gun,
    My bro who owns a Scalpel and was riding a VT for that week, said he preferred the Prophet to the VT. The VT seemed to have an effectively lower BB and he was getting more pedal smacks compared to the Prophet.

Only heresay but the only info I can offer.

LA CHÈVRE

13"

The BB is 13" high according to Singletrack Mag (don't know with what head angle tough). The slacker head angle must be to blame for the relative loss of nimbleness but I wont be judging it until the bike shows up, and remember it can be set at 69 or 67.5. It's going to make it more stable at high speed tough.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    The BB is 13" high according to Singletrack Mag (don't know with what head angle tough). The slacker head angle must be to blame for the relative loss of nimbleness but I wont be judging it until the bike shows up, and remember it can be set at 69 or 67.5. It's going to make it more stable at high speed tough.

I agree, that head angle will help on steep declines and feel more stable when blasting down hill. Would the difference between 70.5 and 67 degrees make a difference in the number of times a rider comes up over the hand bars? In other words, is it going to help prevent that?

I see alot of x country racers tip this way and was wondering whether it resulted from their rides ( steep head angles) or the type of technical terrain they cover?

LA CHÈVRE
    Of course it will help a bit, but the problem is most of the time due to the rider's skills more than the bike's geometry...

I think the position you have on a bike makes a bigger difference for this than the actual head angle. My last bike had a very stretched out cockpit with a low front end with a 71 head angle and there are places I couldn't physically go down without being thrown over the bars. My current bike has a not much slacker angle of 70 but with a riser bar and a much higher fork I can go down the same trail without problems.
    Last edited by Dan Gerous; 08-06-2004 at 05:34 PM. Reason: I love to edit!

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Of course it will help a bit, but the problem is most of the time due to the rider's skills more than the bike's geometry...

I think the position you have on a bike makes a bigger difference for this than the actual head angle. My last bike had a very streched out cockpit with a low front end with a 71 head angle and there are places I couldn't physically go down without being thrown over the bars. My current bike has a not much slacker angle of 70 but with a riser bar and a much higher fork I can go down the same trail without problems.
    Dan Gerous,

Were you using a longer stem with your old bike?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    Dan Gerous,

Were you using a longer stem with your old bike?
    Yes I was, dont remember how long but it was longer and set lower. The bike was a Cannondale F1000 setup as a light race/climbing machine. It climbed so easily but I paid the price when going into more DH-style trails. Now I have what they call an All-Mountain bike, Fisher Cake 1_DLX with a 5" fork, riser bars and a 90mm stem. I like that type of bike more than XC race bikes I had been riding forever before, they feel a lot better on the very technical trails I mostly ride.

I will probably end-up selling the Fisher tough to get a Prophet 2000 or 4000, depending on prices and my budget...

LA CHÈVRE

Found one!

OK, found a non-drive side picture of the entire bike but it's quite small and at an angle:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Harmonius Wrench

Uncanny resemblence?

Just popped over here from the vintage/ Classic board and thought that this C'dale reminded me of a Mantis Pro-Floater. Although; I admit, a much updated version of that classic. Guess there really isn't anything "new" out there, just re-hashing of old designs. If it is anything like the Pro- Floater was in it's day, this C'dale should be very good!

mtbr member

Geometric Confusion ??

Thanks all for the pics and interesting discussion. It reminds me of the DBR X frame series to some degree. Nice looking 13 inch BB and 67 degree head angle?

Thats like XC BB height but DH head angle. Seems like a bit of geometry confusion. Seems like 67degrees would beg for more BB height and vice versa 13 inch BB would beg for 69-70 HA.

Just my 2 centavos....
    Peace

mtbr member
    here is a PowePoint presentation of the Prophet. Not much of true information, except for the message from the creator. Well see for yourself.

mtbr member
    another page with some information. this time w/ photos of actual models - ugly graphic beware

mtbr member
    Did cannondale make that graphic?

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    Did cannondale make that graphic?
    Thank god no! Look at the small type at the bottom of the homepage:

"This site is not owned, affiliated or operated by Cannondale.

All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Planet Cycle, The Technology To Win, and the Planet Cycle Globe logo are ® and ™ of Planet Cycle all rights reserved. ©2004 Planet Cycle.

Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this web site is strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 19 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030."

mtbr member
    ------
    Last edited by jm03; 08-11-2004 at 10:41 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Thank god no! Look at the small type at the bottom of the homepage:

"This site is not owned, affiliated or operated by Cannondale.

All prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Planet Cycle, The Technology To Win, and the Planet Cycle Globe logo are ® and ™ of Planet Cycle all rights reserved. ©2004 Planet Cycle.

Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on this web site is strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and Title 19 U.S.C. Sec.1001 and 1030."
    Those new Prohpets are sweet! Wow- they are going to be really nice. I am sure by next Spring we will have a complete idea as to how they perform.

It is tempting to sell my 04 Jekyll and get into one of those, but I'm REALLY liking the Jekyll. Any one else thinking of selling their current ride and springing for one of those babies?

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jm03
    I just assumed it was a cannondale graphic because someone had to put a good amount of time into that, and it's ugly, and disrespectful toward christians.
    It is a cannondale graphic from thier pre-introduction literature.
    Being a Christian, I found no disrespect in it at all, sorry if you are offended.
    As more stuff becomes available, the site and probably that image, will change. August 20th I should have a Prophet to test ride/photograph/play with.

mtbr member

Religosity Ignorance

Hey all,
    This is mountainbiking not POPE ON THE ROPE hour. Keep the religi-crap outta here. Consider this many of the most henious crimes against nature, man,humanity, and the GODS were propogated and supported by Christians and their leaders against other Christians and others who were/are better informed.

Enough said...

Peace...

LA CHÈVRE
    The ad with Cedric and all the christian graphics are official but that El Cheapo web site isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    It is tempting to sell my 04 Jekyll and get into one of those, but I'm REALLY liking the Jekyll. Any one else thinking of selling their current ride and springing for one of those babies?
    I am, but I have issues with my current bike. It's a 2004 but I won't keep it for too long. If I was happy with my current bike, I wouldn't be so tempted. Now I just have to wait for the official specs, geometry and prices to decide between the Prophet 4000 or 2000... Oh and maybe a test ride wouldn't hurt.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Now I just have to wait for the official specs, geometry and prices to decide between the Prophet 4000 or 2000... Oh and maybe a test ride wouldn't hurt.
    The specs are official.
    The prices are Cannondales USA MSRPs
    I don't have geometries and technical info yet, there are a lot of sizes for a full suspension bike, fit should be nice.
    These bikes have already begun to ship. Therre will also be a mid-year introduction of a model between the 800 and 1000.

Sorry you don't like the site. I put effort into pumping up a product and getting info out on my own time with my own resources. Thanks (I guess) for visiting it.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleProphet
    The specs are official.
    I don't have geometries and technical info yet, there are a lot of sizes for a full suspension bike, fit should be nice.
    These bikes have already begun to ship. Therre will also be a mid-year introduction of a model between the 800 and 1000.

Sorry you don't like the site. I put effort into pumping up a product and getting info out on my own time with my own resources. Thanks (I guess) for visiting it.
    I am also a Christian and did not find your site offensive; however, I can see how it might be polarizing. Either way, the info on the bikes was very good- especially in light of how secrative Cannondale has been. Thanks. So far all the info has been third parties.

I think the Prophet would be the perfect ride for the terrain I ride. If I didn't just get an 04 Jekyll 1000 I would definetly be in line for one- probably the 4000.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by CannondaleProphet
    The specs are official.

I didn't catch the prices, I'll have to check again but prices vary a lot in Canada anyway. How does the prices compare with the 2004 Jekyll line-up?

I didn't mean to say your web site isn't nice or anything but it's clearly not Cannondale's corporate image.

And to those saying Cannondale is too tight-lipped about the bike, it's just because the official release date is August 15th so we should have more details soon.

LA CHÈVRE
    I didn't catch the prices, I'll have to check again but prices vary a lot in Canada anyway. How does the prices compare with the 2004 Jekyll line-up?

I didn't mean to say your web site isn't nice or anything but it's clearly not Cannondale's corporate image.

And to those saying Cannondale is too tight-lipped about the bike, it's just because the official release date is August 15th so we should have more details soon.
    Ouch 5000$ for the Prophet 4000. I think it's going to be a Prophet 2000 for me... I would have liked to get the X.9 triggers and X.0 rear derailleur tough. And I'll switch the tires for USTs...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast