Thread: 2004 f300

Cannondale Lover
    Aug 2007

2004 f300

I just recently got a 2004 f300. is there anything I should know about this model concerning its limitations or anything at all? It will soon have my SR Suntour XCM crankset on it. It has a new Rear wheel on it, I don't remember which brand, But I will look in the morning, it also has Bontrager Jones XR's on it.

It isn't running today because last Teusday I took it for its first ride with me, and was hit by a truck, at about 10mph, snapping the rear derailer and axle(which is why I have the new rear wheel on it, complete with new axle. tomorrow, or later today as it seems I am taking it in to the LBS to have a new derailer and chain installed. It has Bontrager Jones XR's on it. And the little I rode on it I loved it.

The only problem I found with it was that the forks on it are too soft, these are the stock forks and I am wondering if there are any ways to make them stiffer without buying new forks? The adjustment knob on them does nothing, and they are much to soft for me.Soon to come are new metal platform pedals and a new seat. I will also put pictures of it in its current state up before it goes to the shop tomorrow. It is in the silver/blue color combination. Also, will my SR Suntour crankset even fit on the stock bottom bracket from the cannondale? I haven't tried to remove the crankset on it yet because I do not have a hex wrench big enough. If it won't work, does anyone wanna buy my crankset from me?

So, if someone would answer my questions I would be very thankfull.
    Hit in the knee by a truck, couldn't ride for a month, but I'm back!

7hz
    Old newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by M4nSl4y3r
    hit by a truck, at about 10mph, snapping the rear derailer and axle
    Make sure this accident didn't bend or weaken the frame! Sounds bad! How the heck did that happen! Getting hit by a truch is baaad, mkay.

Quote Originally Posted by M4nSl4y3r
    The only problem I found with it was that the forks on it are too soft, these are the stock forks and I am wondering if there are any ways to make them stiffer without buying new forks? The adjustment knob on them does nothing
    They should be air sprung forks, right? You need to pump them up with a high presure fork pump, ask your LBS.

Cannondale Lover
    Aug 2007
    In chehalis there are 2 banks right next to each other, with a small stretch of sidewalk in between the entrances to their parking lots.

Mistake 1: I was on the Sidewalk
    Mistake 2: To me it seemed like the truck was going to turn at the bank entrance behind me, so I kept on going across the one in front of me
    Mistake 3: I kept on going across the one in front of me
    Mistake 4: the sun was behind me, off of my right shoulder, meaning that as the guy in the truck was pulling into the bank, he wouldn't be able to see me due to glare on his windshield.

The frame is fine, It was the ground that snapped those. The axle on it wasn't the best anyways, and I had been planning to replace it with the new one I had sence I got it.

Cannondale Lover
    Aug 2007

I still really would like to know if my SR suntour XCM crank will work on it
    Last edited by M4nSl4y3r; 08-11-2007 at 11:53 AM.

Cannondale Lover
    Aug 2007
    I found out from my LBS that the suntour crank wont work in it. but all that needs repalced is the derailleur hanger