mpj
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2003 Scalpel 3000 Rear Replacement?

I have a 2003 Scalpel 3000, and the rear chainstays & seatstays have gotten a bit banged up, though the frame itself is still in excellent condition. Does anyone know if one can replace just the rear triangle; and if so; would I just order one from a local Cannondale dealer? Probally costs a ton? Any input would be much appreciated. THANKS!

LA CHÈVRE
    What do you mean by banged up?
    I'm sure you could get a new one. If it broke, Cannondale would get you another one under warranty but if it's only scrached or something, I'm sure it's gonna cost a hefty price, if it's possible. I would just call your LBS, they probably will ba able to tell you if it's possible and if so, how much.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member

Rear

You should be able to just replace the rear triangle. i would ride it until it breaks and they will replace for free under warrenty. otherwise you will pay a bit for that triangle -- check with your lbs and see what they have to say!
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

mpj
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

2004 Composite Seatstay Upgrade

I'm not the original owner, so regretfully the warranty claim would not be an option for me. It's not a major concern, although it does have a pencil eraser size dent in the seatstay. I did contact a local Cannondale shop today, and they informed me that I could purchase a brand new 2004 Composite Seatstay for my 3000 for $150.00, plus $20.00 for installation. That's not too bad; so I'll probably opt for the upgrade. Thanks for your input.

mtbr member