mtbr member

2003 scalpel 1000 - good deal?

hi, i just saw a 2003 scalpel 1000 in our local classifieds. the guy who sells it says he can't ride any more - it is supposedly in good condition, it comes with two seats, two seatposts, a brand new set of lx disc brakes (not mounted yet) and a spare set of shifters. i have not seen it yet (will do so on saturday), but that sounds like a good deal, all that for $650.
    what do you guys think?
    fritz

Cannondale Snob
    Sounds like a hell of a deal, especially if it is equipped with a Lefty and the seats are a proper fit.
    '06 Cannondale Rush 1000 4" travel 27lbs
    '04 Cannondale F600 SOBE -STOLEN!
    '96 Cannondale Uber-V 6" travel 30lbs

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RiskEverything
    Sounds like a hell of a deal, especially if it is equipped with a Lefty and the seats are a proper fit.
    yep, lefty included, can't wait to see it

mtbr member
    i took a look at the scalpel on saturday - it came with a set of magura marta disc brakes and a set of shimanl lx disc brakes, a set of lx shifters, and a set of xtr shifters. derailleurs are xtr, lefty is the titanium. it needs some tlc and new tires, but it is in good condition. what is missing is the remote lockout lever for the rear shock - does anybody know where to get something like that. the local LBS suggested calling cannondale.
    oh, i bought the bike and everything with it for $550.
    fritz