Perpetrator of Lawsuits

2003 Jekyll 1000 at Big Bear?

I just got a 2003 Jekyll 1000, and I want to take it up to Big Bear (SoCal ski resort) for some mellow DH runs. It has the Magura Marta disc brakes.

Has anyone had any experience with this setup at a downhill area like this? If so, how'd it do? Any setup hints, etc would be appreciated.

Are you talking to me?

They do fade...

Quote Originally Posted by BigDigger
    I just got a 2003 Jekyll 1000, and I want to take it up to Big Bear (SoCal ski resort) for some mellow DH runs. It has the Magura Marta disc brakes.

Has anyone had any experience with this setup at a downhill area like this? If so, how'd it do? Any setup hints, etc would be appreciated.

They did for me, but I am a clydesdale. The brakes will be fine, but take a 2 spare sets of pads with you.
    gfy

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!

I've not used them at a resort, but I live in the mountains of Montana and never had any problems on 10+ mile descents. I thought the Marta's were much better brakes than the Hayes I had on my '02 Jekyll.
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815

Perpetrator of Lawsuits
    Damion: I'm a clydesdale as well (260) so it's good to hear from a similarly built rider.

I'm also trying something a bit different with the front brake. I spoke with the Magura folks, and they're sending me a 180mm wavy rotor & caliper adapter from the Louise FR. They said this should cure any fade. I'll let you all know how it works.

JCW: 10+ mile descents in the mountains of Montana, that sounds NICE. How steep are we talking, and how much are you on the brakes?

jcw
    Ride your bicycle(s)!
    JCW: 10+ mile descents in the mountains of Montana, that sounds NICE. How steep are we talking, and how much are you on the brakes?
    Steep enough . Actually the descents tend to be either steep, straight down the fall-line, rutted, loose rock filled, sketch-a-thons, or nicely graded fast straights with lots of blind swithcbacks. Regardless, I'm on my brakes a lot. I like speed, but I'm also at that age where I like all my bones in one piece even more.
    "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by his own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule by fictitious miracles."
    John Adams to Thomas Jefferson, 1815