mtbr member

New question here. 2000 Raven 700 Upgradeable?

At my LBS I saw a new(old) Cannondal Raven 700 from 2000. While I know there was a recall on these, is it possible to upgrade some of the componuts(shock and fork mainly) on one. Is there a way to tell if the frame was "reinforced" after the recall.
    Is this just a pipedream, I love the look of the Raven.

Out riding my Scalpel
    Quote Originally Posted by MoreCF&TiPlease
    At my LBS I saw a new(old) Cannondal Raven 700 from 2000. While I know there was a recall on these, is it possible to upgrade some of the componuts(shock and fork mainly) on one. Is there a way to tell if the frame was "reinforced" after the recall.
    Is this just a pipedream, I love the look of the Raven.
    I love the looks of the Raven. Geez I own a 1998 Raven 2000. My 1st FS bike ever and loved it. It's now retired and collects dust. No just kidding. I take good care of it. If I get the new carbon lefty i'll put my DLR on my raven and go hammer it. Ravens were great bikes back then. I just can't stop riding my Jekyll. Both bikes rock. Your LBS wouldn't be selling it if there was an issue with bike. I'm sure it's reinforced to ride. I have my Raven checked every year.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    The Cannondale shock table that I have says that the shock is a 6.5" x 1.5" model for a 2000 Raven. If that is true (and I would measure it myself to verify if I were you), you likely have some options. I upgraded my 99 Super V to a 4-Way Swinger Air (6.5" x 1.5") and love it. You need to measure for every little detail before you order. If you have a Headshock on there, unless I were racing, I would ditch that thing too. The new fork made twice the difference the rear shock did. Makes for a better balanced rig IMHO.

You live in Simi? I live in Castaic and work in T.O.

We probably shoot each other the bird on the way to work in the a.m....