mtbr member
    Aug 2004

2000 Cannondale F800

Hey everyone. Someone local to me is selling a 2000 F800 all stock with little use.
    http://cannondale.com/bikes/00/cusa/model-0FS8.html
    They are asking 675.00 (new it was 1300 retail) I ride cross country and do some racing. I have never ridden a Headshock . Also how is the durability of the Coda expert hubs with mavic x221 rims ,brakes,bars and saddle? For the last 10 years I have ridden Rocky Mountain Hardtails. My road bike is an 05 Cannondale R1000 and I love the bike, I took a break from mountain biking and miss it but dont have a lot to spend and this bike seems good for the price. Any opinions? Thanks, Rich

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rfiglia
    Hey everyone. Someone local to me is selling a 2000 F800 all stock with little use.
    http://cannondale.com/bikes/00/cusa/model-0FS8.html
    They are asking 675.00 (new it was 1300 retail) I ride cross country and do some racing. I have never ridden a Headshock . Also how is the durability of the Coda expert hubs with mavic x221 rims ,brakes,bars and saddle? For the last 10 years I have ridden Rocky Mountain Hardtails. My road bike is an 05 Cannondale R1000 and I love the bike, I took a break from mountain biking and miss it but dont have a lot to spend and this bike seems good for the price. Any opinions? Thanks, Rich
    Well for me, it isnt what it cost new SEVEN years ago, but more of what a new bike costs..A new f800 equiv today is something like $1600. And a new bike will depreciate 30+% in the first year....so I am thinking you could find a 2004-2005 F800 with Lefty on ebay for not much more than that $675.....Certainly less than $1000....
    Ebay F800 to watch....

But only you know the worth of something to you, it could be a sentimental thing....etc etc
    YMMV
    CDT

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I can get it for less, what im really asking is about the parts and HeadShock...Rich