mtbr member

1FG freehub help?

Hey guys-
    I could use a little help. The bike part in question...
    2005 Cannondale 1fg with a "Cannondale" SS freehub. The freehub is skipping, and clicking. It's been taken apart and looks worn. I'm swear I'm competent of this work.
    My question is, what is replaceable? Obviously the freehub section with the small circular retaining band wire and 4 squarish pawls pops right out, but I'd like to also replace the grooved outer section the pawls contact for engagement. Is this section able to be pushed-out?
    I had it apart, cleaned thoroughly and re greased, but it only lasted a few weeks. Are the parts available online, and am I calling them by their correct names? Thanks for any help in advance!
    Last edited by bpnic; 09-05-2007 at 08:34 PM.

Music & Bikes
    I think you will have a lot of trouble finding replacement part for that Formula hub.

It's the first thing I changed on that bike.
    "There is a big difference between kneeling down and bending over" -FZ

mtbr member
    fokof is right, you are going to have a hard time finding formula parts (I know I looked).

I had the freehub fail on my MX1 after 1 year. My LBS went to Cannondale to get me the part, but they had trouble gettng it for us. I ended up getting an entire hub from them as a warranty replacement, I bought new spokes and laced the new hub into the old rim.

You should probably start looking for a replacement hub or complete wheel.