mtbr member
    May 2009

1999 Cannondale Super V Raven 3000--10 years later.

Top of the line 1999 Cannondale Super V Raven 3000.

I kept the carbon fiber frame and graphics covered up with a $1 roll of plastic electrical tape over these last 10 years. Every two years or so I remove the tape and deep clean the bike. Got'ta protect that investment. It still looks and rides like a Cadillac and it has never been muddy. Now how do you suppose that could be?

D.R.

Black Trail Cliff Hanger, Zin Valley, Sde Boker, Israel, 2008

Brand New 15 May1999, Jerusalem, Israel, 1999

Flint Mountain Lookout, Sde Boker, Israel, 2008

Gil, Geofun, Raven, Sde Boker, Israel, 2008

Raven, College Campus, Sde Boker, Israel, 2008

Raven Detail 3, Sde Boker, Israel, 2008

Raven Detail 4, Sde Boker, Israel, 2008

Raven Detail 8, Sde Boker, Israel, 2008

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Wow its just like new!!! Have you considered using a transparent tape or something like http://www.racerstape.com/np.html instead of opaque electrical tape?

Don't see many people riding with toe clips these days.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sillymonkey
    Wow its just like new!!! Have you considered using a transparent tape or something like http://www.racerstape.com/np.html instead of opaque electrical tape?

Don't see many people riding with toe clips these days.
    Hey, thanks for the tip about the transparent tape. I didn't know that it existed. I really used the black tape from the beginning for two reasons though. I used it to cover up the decals because I like clean and simple lines without a lot of clutter and for the protection because Cannondale only gave a 5 year warranty on the frame. As for the toe clips, they are from the beginning of my riding which was in 1988 AND they allow something important. I ride a lot in the Negev Desert of southern Israel and there come times when you will need to dismount and carry the bike up a camel trail or down a steep river-rock canyon. So I always wear light hiking shoes that will fit the clips. Here is a link to a 20 year photo report. Enjoy. And the second link is to a written report about NEW NEWS in desert riding.

D.R.

http://gallery.me.com/seventypalms#100041

http://www.mountainbike.nl/forum/vie...24f45a1d228b3e
    Last edited by dusty_roads; 05-29-2009 at 10:01 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Sweet! Any chance you could help me find the same shock you have? Is it a Fox Alps 5R? I just began a love affair with a Raven 2000 frame that someone gave me for $50 with a broken shock. The stanchion is cracked, but otherwise it seems to be in great condition... Also, my friend is wary of the carbon fiber frames b/c he says one bad fall and the frame is shot b/c the carbon is so delicate...what has been your experience with this?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

mtbr member
    May 2009

Success with the rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by skiweasel
    Sweet! Any chance you could help me find the same shock you have? Is it a Fox Alps 5R? I just began a love affair with a Raven 2000 frame that someone gave me for $50 with a broken shock. The stanchion is cracked, but otherwise it seems to be in great condition... Also, my friend is wary of the carbon fiber frames b/c he says one bad fall and the frame is shot b/c the carbon is so delicate...what has been your experience with this?
    Yeah Hi, I think it is easy to find a rear Fox shock for your bike. Go to Fox and ask for a replacement. They will probably have one. I took mine to a dealer some years ago to have a new o-ring set put in and he said there was no problem to get an new shock in the future because Fox just makes these things for all kinds of vehicles. What "stanchion" are you talking about? Nice to see another Carbon framed bike in this thread, there are not many. Nice to see you recycle. I have crashed my bike a few times but haven't even yet put a scratch on it. It is pretty tough but just don't ride suicide. D.R.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I forgot to say the name of my shok--it is a Air Vanilla Float (147mm). This should help some.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Here is the name of the shok--Air Vanilla Float (147mm). This should be some help.
    D.R.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I hope you get this. The name of the shok--Air Vanilla Float (147mm).

PMK
    mtbr member
    Those frames use a unique rear damper. It has a fork type mount on the forward end.

The Orange bike has a Fox ALPs 5r on it.

Why do you want to swap it out? I've been rebuilding rear dampers for MTB's since the mid 90's. In my opinion the ALPs 5r is a better rear damper than the first generation Vanilla shown.

PK

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I love the walkman in the pic of you from the 80s lol, how times have changed

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by truckfreak69
    I love the walkman in the pic of you from the 80s lol, how times have changed

I still have the yellow one. I almost trashed it but I realized that it can do things that the iPod can't. It has a radio and can play a longer time. With my favorite "Moving Music" playing and this landscape passing by, wow wow wow, the cranks seem to turn all by themselves.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

Cannondale Raven

Hey saw this forum and decided to check it out as i've recently bought a used Raven off a guy from mtbr. Bike works great so far. I'll keep you informed of any accidents or bangs it may take. Figure if it's not broke... also was not the original owner obviously so not much i can do about it I guess.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1999 Cannondale Super V Raven 3000--10 years later.-163599_10150116395703336_612633335_7544993_2815019_n.jpg