mtbr member
    Sep 2012

1999 or 2000 volvo cannondale mountain bike race team edition bike. whats it worth

so I have a bike I have ridden for a bunch of years but it's in really good shape still. It's the team edition cross country bike from either 99 or 00 not sure. anyway I just found the old saddle with the embroidered logos on it. I know they go for a bit on ebay so I tried to look one up to see if I was interested in selling the saddle and nothing there. then I thought I have all the parts to basically put this back to stock including coda hydraulic disk brakes and the old yellow sidewall tires. I think the one thing I am missing is the old xtr shifters. I do have an xtr rear derailleur that's about the right year and the stock xt front is still on it. Is this something I should put back together and sell off or just go ahead and see if anyone wants the old parts. I know some guys are doing retro builds and may want just parts.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The question really is what do you think its worth. Vintage bikes are cool, but they are not so collected that they really have much value aside from just being a cool old bike. If you would like it back with the orig parts on it then go ahead and do it. Even in top condition I doubt its going to bring anymore then $500.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    that's what I would think as well but the saddle went for over a 100 last time I saw one and the shock would be a couple hundred. Also I saw just a team edition t shirt going for 130. I thought it was kind of high but if it's worth it to someone then that's fine by me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    here are some photos of it

1999 or 2000 volvo cannondale mountain bike race team edition bike. whats it worth-100_4969-medium-.jpg1999 or 2000 volvo cannondale mountain bike race team edition bike. whats it worth-100_4970-medium-.jpg1999 or 2000 volvo cannondale mountain bike race team edition bike. whats it worth-100_4971-medium-.jpg1999 or 2000 volvo cannondale mountain bike race team edition bike. whats it worth-100_4972-medium-.jpg1999 or 2000 volvo cannondale mountain bike race team edition bike. whats it worth-100_4973-medium-.jpg1999 or 2000 volvo cannondale mountain bike race team edition bike. whats it worth-100_4974-medium-.jpg

LA CHÈVRE
    The CAAD5 frames were great! But still, I wouldn't hope for too much. Actually, seeing the prices you saw things go for, maybe you shoud strip it out and sell each parts seperately, it's more trouble but you'll probably end up making more money. But that frame is pretty banged up so don't expect miracles.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    That bike is not in Top Condition. I would say its pretty average condition for a 10 year old bike. I would revise my estimate to $250-300. Based on that if you can sell the saddle for 100 and the fork for 200 I would do it.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me

mtbr member
    I used to lust after this bike back in the day of Tinker and Missy. That saddle alone is sweet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatshowiroll View Post
    I used to lust after this bike back in the day of Tinker and Missy. That saddle alone is sweet.
    (This new format sux for editing.)

If I were looking, I'd buy that thing and fix it up. Good luck.

mtbr member
    Used bikes/parts are basically worthless. You might find one guy that has always wanted that bike but chances are pretty slim. Get Cadel, Sydor or Tinker to sign the saddle, they maybe you have something.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    FWIW....those cranks are one of the lightest XC cranksets ever made, and one of the early dedicated 2x systems (meaning dedicated gearing for 2 rings, not just replacing the 3rd with a bash). I am sure a weight weenie somewhere really wants them!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I think I will keep the bike and strip and polish the aluminum and sell the saddle. thing gives me the saddle sore something fierce like ridding a friggin rock. I have always loved this bike and it is super light.