mtbr member

1998 cannondale F400 killer V

Hi all!
    I'm new to the forum.
    I just purchased this bike at a yard sale for $50!
    The bike is in perfect condition. I don't think it was ever used.
    Just sat in the guys shed. The only thing is the tire are cracked in a few places.
    No rust or wear!
    Can anyone give me some info on this bike.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Welcome to the forum...........
    Check out vintagecannondale.com for all the info needed and more on your Cdale.

Nice pickup for a complete NOS bike

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Cant beat that deal. Must be a small? I love Killer V frames. Looks like a 96 or so though.... Have you checked the serial number? There's a database here http://www.vintagecannondale.com/info.html that will tell you the year according to the serial number. What parts are on it? Back in those days C-dale mixed and matched their parts groups alot to keep prices down.
    Enjoy!!!!

mtbr member
    Yeah, I checked the vintage cannondale site and it is a 1999. It is also a small which fits me perfect since I'm only 5'6. SRAM shifter and Head Shok suspension. Shimano Derailleur. The tires are cracking so I'll have to get some replacements. Overall a really nice find. I walked into the yardsale and saw it sitting there a thought no way is that for sale! Right place right time.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Definitely a score, but thats not a headshok in the pic you posted. Is that an actual photo of your bike? A headshok has 2 rigid legs and a single shock between the legs and the headtube. In the pic, unless I'm mistaken it appears that the bike has Rock Shox. Doesnt matter really, just interesting to know.
    In any event thats a major score, give the thing hell.