Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

140 Rize frame part

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  ziscwg 
#1 ·
if you were looking for a seatstay for a 140 Rize, where would you look? apparently, Cannondale has none & won't. looked in all the likely places, didn't find one . willing to buy a frame, but only need a stay.
any other ideas?

thanks

#4 ·
What happened to the old stays? I have had aluminum welded and re heat treated to bring it up to full T6 temper. It's doable. If just the stays are damaged, it might be worth looking into. Cut off the ends, weld in new tubes and have the finished product professionally heat treated. Or get new ones made of Carbon Fiber.

#5 ·
I want to say the stats are carbon? I have the same bike and from what I hear the lifetime warranty applies to the stays also and they will replace the stays or the frame since they no longer have parts available.

If I ever have to get a warranty non-USA frame I will be a little sad!

#8 ·
that is most likely because that is what they charged to swap parts and get you back going. If that is was they charge as some kind of handling fee, they are playing you. You should contact Cannondale directly at that point and see what they say is their LBS policy

Some of the bigger places will do it for free. Mine (Sports Basement) will do it free if you bought the bike there. If not, it's $100, I think.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.