mtbr member
    May 2006

130 Trail and 160 Freeride bikes???

So..... where are those bikes, anybody know something about them, what kind of suspension (sp, vsp, multilink, etc...), geometry, weight.
    I'm considering changing my prophet for a SC Heckler, but I dont want to rush into any decision until I findout about those new models.

Bernardo

LA CHÈVRE
    Later in 2008... should be worth the wait.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Ride Fast

??

Are they going to have Lefty's or some other Fox fork? I doubt they will make to new Lefty's though, since they got rid of the Lefty Max. And are they the bikes that are going to replace the Prophet?

LA CHÈVRE
    These bikes will probably fill the void left by the Prophet and Prophet MX and the growing 'light all-mountain/trail bike with more travel'. One 130mm trail bike, one 160mm all-mountain/freeridish bike. Both will be available in alloy or carbon.

Now, this is just a guess: Lefties on the Trail 130 line, maybe not on the Big Mountain 160 line.

People who have more details wont post them for now but I'll just say this: start saving...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    These bikes will probably fill the void left by the Prophet and Prophet MX and the growing 'light all-mountain/trail bike with more travel'. One 130mm trail bike, one 160mm all-mountain/freeridish bike. Both will be available in alloy or carbon.

Now, this is just a guess: Lefties on the Trail 130 line, maybe not on the Big Mountain 160 line.

People who have more details wont post them for now but I'll just say this: start saving...

Dan-
    Any idea if we'll see them here in the States and Canada? Or is it just an overseas deal?
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

LA CHÈVRE
    We should get them... Specs might differ though as it's almost always the case.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    and yes, i believe what is known about these two models can be summed up rather quickly:

a) there will be a 130mm carbon version - alu version? haven't got a clue. prob
    b) there will be a 160mm carbon version - alu version? haven't got a clue. prob
    c) will it be lefty equipped? no one that knows has said anything - so, guess what haven't got a clue. we don't even know if the longer travel lefties are buried or as us optimistic people think awaiting a revival.
    d) little is generally know about these bikes besides that the prophet is prob gone and the new models will replace it.
    e) yes, i know everything in my post is stated above, just tried to make it clear that nobody has coughed up any new info on these models for a couple of weeks and what is know is pretty scant.
    f) and finally, if the prophet is anything to judge by (i quite like mine) these new bikes will be really nice, yet prob expensive, so start saving.
    g) hm, i don't really know anything more so i'll leave it hanging at the g spot for somebody else to follow my act.

;-)

(and dan, download defective's new film for the whopping charge of 2.99 at their site if you need a new flick. i'm just hell bent on not getting a new board this year as i bought two last year. that might change if i go back to the us this season too. gotta love colorado. and a tip, get salomon binders. best binders ever. the spx pros have stiff baseplate and stiff enough high back = comfy, yet instant power transfer and really light.

and those girls must be riding just for the fun of the crowd. no knee pads or pads at all on a dh run? are they suicidal? or the first one had some shin/knee guards.

end of hidden message)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Gerous
    We should get them... Specs might differ though as it's almost always the case.

Good...
    I need something new for Kingdom Trails next year! Something that will climb Darling Hill, yet still launch off the "Old Webs" jump, and survive "Sidewinder".
    I'd hit it, but I bruise like a peach.

LA CHÈVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by bpnic
    Good...
    I need something new for Kingdom Trails next year! Something that will climb Darling Hill, yet still launch off the "Old Webs" jump, and survive "Sidewinder".
    Haaa Kingdom Trails, I think I'll buy a house there when I retire. Last time I went, we climbed back 2, 3 times to do the Sidewinder a few times while the slower riders of our group caught their breath. But Scalpels, Rushes and Prophets have all proved worthy of the Kindom Trails, you don't need to wait those new bikes to enjoy the place, in fact, I feel a Prophet is almost overkill there. A fast, light and quicker bike like a Scalpel or a Rush would be better IMO. 3 long days on my F1000 was harder though with all the roots....

I go often... well, you know the place so you know often is not often enough! I'll be there September 1st, 2nd and 3rd, on my Prophet.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    I'm going to get flamed for this but I wish they get rid of the "X" top tube of the Prophet, it looks like crap IMO. And I never liked it on the original hardtail that came with it either.

Cdale are you listening?

mtbr member
    it may look ugly, but i think they ride better than the rush.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by broomhandle
    it may look ugly, but i think they ride better than the rush.
    I wouldn't be so sure about that statement. Better going down or AM riding? Absolutely. But going up or for general XC riding the Rush is better. In the end it's all about where do you ride and choosing the right tool for the job, for me: Rush all the way

Unfortunately looks sells bikes

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    I'm going to get flamed for this but I wish they get rid of the "X" top tube of the Prophet, it looks like crap IMO. And I never liked it on the original hardtail that came with it either.

Cdale are you listening?

I hope they're not listening to you - lol! Personally I like the look of the tubes and consider it one of the defining characteristics of the prophet. Whatever happens, I hope they preserve that Delta (I think that's what they call that geometry?) heritage. Plain old single triangle frame is a little boring.
    Flames not intended, just expressing my counter point.
    '05 Prophet 1000
    '09 F3
    '93 Delta V 700
    '08 F6 Lefty (son's)
    '08 F6 (daughter's)

Ride Fast
    Quote Originally Posted by jiar577
    I wouldn't be so sure about that statement. Better going down or AM riding? Absolutely. But going up or for general XC riding the Rush is better. In the end it's all about where do you ride and choosing the right tool for the job, for me: Rush all the way

Unfortunately looks sells bikes
    Rush's are awesome. for all out cross-country racing the Scalpel is better, but the Rush would be my second choice.

Light, Strong and Long
    Jan 2005
    The rush is the perfect all around XC bike for me, plenty stiff and fast for hammering yet is still pretty comfy on a long right. Not nearly as cushy as a prophet, but still pretty good.
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Thought about swapping my Jekyll for a Prophet or a rush carbon, but guess I will wait a litle more till there is more information about these bikes. The 130 trail carbon might be the bike I am looking for. Still have a lot of fun with my Jekyll so no prob there, but I am very curious to get some more details.

Marc

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Just came from my local dealer. The foreseen launch date of these models is March/April 2008. So guess we will have to wait quite a bit before actualy seeing some pictures or get more details.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I think a Carbon 130 would be right on that "sweet-spot" in the travel department...especially if it had some Lefty action. I might be looking into a 29er bike by the time these come out next year though.

mtbr member
    What if:
    110mm Lefty =26
    80mm Lefty=29

Then:
    160MM =26
    130mm= 29?!?

Could it be?

mtbr member

Only in 2009, meantime I ride while waiting

Waiting is the hardest part, and that should make many look around for something else in the meantime. I think I can speak freely here, since Cannondale fans are not that extreme on criticism and more openminded when concerning other brands' bikes. As many people may already know, I was looking for a 2007 Prophet 2 badly, when I was informed that the brazillian importer wasn't bringing any and if any come around it wouldn't be before november and already the 2008 models, which I think Cannondale just f***ed big time by underspec'ing it and worse, removing the all-might Lefty Max, so I really gave up on my dreambike for good. That's when, a few days ago, I had the chance to trade my 05 Specilaized Enduro on a pretty good deal for a 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Pro, so I just bought the bike, that will also help me to cope with the wait while the new bikes, 130AM and 160BM, don't come around and stabilish themselves after at least 1 year (I don't like to buy products in early productions, because some missed flaws may appear and get fixed the next year - take a look at the FSA-Cannondale carbon cranks and the Lefty Speed Carbon SL, they had some issues this year, but I'm pretty sure they are all solved in the new models), so I can buy a properly revised model with proven specs.

I know that I may sound a bit redundanct after I have bought a Big S bike, but I LOVE Cannondale bikes, but unfortunatelly since the Prophet was abandoned, I was "lefty" with no options to make a satisfactory choice. Sorry guys, the Rush is sure stunning, but it ain't for me. Felt more like home on the SJ, and that not because I already had an Enduro; the bike just felt better, go figure.

All my bets are now on the next 130AM. Really, I'll only buy this bike around 2009, so I think patience may come as a virtue, and the SJ, which I must say that is a really good bike - those who haven't tried yet, must give a try to the trail-tuned Brain, never thought it could work that good, it is a great system - will ease the waiting process, and will keep me rolling until then. It was very sad I couldn't get a Prophet when it was the hottest stuff around, but that's water under the bridge now. I'm enjoying my new ride, but certainly I'll be waiting to get my heart in the right place. Let's just hope they just don't brake me down for good this time.