mtbr member
    Aug 2010

'09 Rize 3 vs. '10 RZ120 3

I'm thinking of buying either a leftover '09 Rize 3 or a '10 RZ120 3. The '09 is $1799 and the RZ120 is $2199. Other than the obvious differences in suspension travel, does anyone here know of other differences in these two models? I'm definitely leaning toward the '09 based on price and the fact that it does have more travel. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    09' is a US Made frame the '10 is made overseas

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    That is a good deal on the Rize 3. I maybe mistaken but i think the Rize was retailing for 3k so it had a better component group.

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Ya good price indeed. I saw one leftover at my LBS over the weekend and it's $1999 (on sale). For $400 extra you can get some good gears / upgrades.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    REI has the RZ 120 3 around $2150 and it is a usa made frame and lefty. Both are nice but i think i would choose the 09 Rize 3

mtbr member
    What kind of riding do you do? Base your choice on that. Some days I wish I has a hard tail

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by karlmichael
    What kind of riding do you do? Base your choice on that. Some days I wish I has a hard tail
    Same here, I love my Rize 3, but I miss the HT ride too. My Rize spends a lot of time with the rear end locked.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I ride Northeast singletrack. My current ride is an '02 Norco drop, way overkill (and heavy) for the kind of riding I do. When I made the purchase, I thought I would try some of the drops / Northshore style stunts, etc., but never really got into it. It's a great bike though.......... I blow by people with way more expensive and lighter weight bikes all the time.

I've got to sell the Norco before I can purchase the Cannondale. I used to have a Cannondale hardtail that I loved, and thus my interest in Cannondale once again. Even though I've yet to ride one, I'm infatuated with the Lefty!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by tmg49
    I'm thinking of buying either a leftover '09 Rize 3 or a '10 RZ120 3. The '09 is $1799 and the RZ120 is $2199. Other than the obvious differences in suspension travel, does anyone here know of other differences in these two models? I'm definitely leaning toward the '09 based on price and the fact that it does have more travel. Thoughts?
    I have an '09 Rize 4 and find that with the air suspension I cannot get it to use more than around 100mm of travel. Which leads me to wanting a 120 travel bike. I'm mostly XC though.