mtbr member
    Apr 2006

'08 vs '07 Rush carbon - much difference

I was hoping to get an opinion or two from someone who's experienced the different model years to see if there was a significant difference. I believe they added some kind of support bracket on the rear triangle of the '08 to assist in strength or something. I was looking to buy a frame only and was trying to decide if the '07 would be good enough, as I have an opportunity to get one. Thanks much.

mad aussie
    There is actually no difference in the frame. The support brace was on the 07 Carbon (I have one) but they added it to the alloy (now called the SL) for 08.
    The only change was the paint scheme which is a step back IMO, much too busy now.

Kevin

mtbr member
    Apr 2006

That's all I needed to know.....

Thanks Kevin.

LA CHÈVRE
    Just make sure it has no dents or cracks...

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

got the dhr...
    i dont have a rush and dont have much experience with it, but i swear that i heard somewhere that the 08 swingarm is mor stiff both laterally and verticlly, but as far as im concerned, not much of a difference. i would go with the one that is less expensive, or if they have the same price, the one that looks cooler

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by luseboy
    i dont have a rush and dont have much experience with it, but i swear that i heard somewhere that the 08 swingarm is mor stiff both laterally and verticlly, but as far as im concerned, not much of a difference. i would go with the one that is less expensive, or if they have the same price, the one that looks cooler
    Any of you have compared the real weight of the 2007 and the 2008 Rush swingarm? A guy of my Cdale LBS insists that the 2008 swingarm is lighter. I would like to be 100% sure about this.

mad aussie
    Once again......

The 07 carbon swingarm with the reinforcing brace that adds 6% stiffness (big woopy do!) is now also found on the 08 Alloy models as well.

Kevin

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Double post, sorry.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Wombat
    Once again......

The 07 carbon swingarm with the reinforcing brace that adds 6% stiffness (big woopy do!) is now also found on the 08 Alloy models as well.

Kevin
    Everybody knows that...
    What I'm asking about is about the 08' SL swingarm. I guy in my LBS says the the 2008 swingarm is lighter than the 2007, have you put in a scale both of them to compare?