I Have Cookies

08' Prophet 3 69'er Project

Here's my 08' Prophet 69'er set up. I picked up a set of F29 lowers and inserted a 20mm "bump stop" in the spring side leg. I had to switch out my Thompson set back post in favor of a regular one and apply 10 more psi to the rear shock. All in all it handles great, Pedal strikes are non existent (its funny cause I still brace for them) The front tire is a Spec Purgatory 2.4 running @ 14 psi.

Photobucket

Photobucket
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Nice! why did you have to switch out your seat post? for better climbing? I'm planning on doing the same to my prophet. I have the wheel/tire/etc, just need to get a spacer for my lefty to limit the travel.

-Toby

I Have Cookies
    I switched out the post for better weight transfer twards the front wheel. The riding I do is mostly slower speed tighter twisty rooty singletrack and I need the forward bias to make up for the "lift" on the front end. Best mod I have ever done to any bike ever!
    The most important thing is what God thinks about it. He will have the final say. Joshua Stinebrink

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Do you ride with the rear set to Freeride or XC? have you already tried both settings with the 29 up front?

I Have Cookies
    No just the xc setting. I tried it once with the 26" tire up front and it is too slack for the trails and my front tire just ends up washing out.

____
    Kimo

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Finally got my prophet together with the 29 wheel in front. I like it so far! Next thing will be a 650B wheel for the back just to try it out.

I used 3 10mm nylon spacers to limit the travel to 110mm.

I have yet to try it on a really steep climb. I'm curious to see how much the front end will want to wander and lift up. So far on moderate climbs it's been ok. It's a blast on the singletrack!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 08' Prophet 3 69'er Project-prophet69_2.jpg  

I Have Cookies
    Get a flat or(straight) seatpost and that should help. I needed to do that on mine (Miss the look if my set back Thompson)

____
    Kimo