mtbr member
    Dec 2007

08 Cannondale F5/4 or 07 F3

I'll look into the components more when I get the chance tomorrow, but I just wanted to throw it out here to see the response.

I'm a beginner looking for a trail bike and was leaning towards an F5 or even an F4, depending how much I'm willing to spend when I'm there at the bike shop. I like the feel vs. other bikes I've ridden plus it has the lockout fork. But, I MIGHT be able to score an '07 F3 on closeout for about 900, about the same price as the '08 F4. If I had to choose, do yall think I should go ahead and pick up the F3? Seems to me at first glance the models haven't changed much from '07 to '08 so the F3 sounds like a pretty good deal.

fella
    Definitely F3, it has a much better frame.
    member of the World Conspiracy against Paranoia

mtbr member
    Yeah i agree with the F3. Plus it is made in the USA so it will have the nicer looking welds. The others are made overseas and don't have the frame that looks like a cannondale frame typically does, though I am sure they are good bikes as well.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Thanks a lot for your replies, I just went ahead after work and picked up their last F3. Pretty happy with the purchase, even though i originally wanted to spend enough for a F5 lol. Can't wait to enjoy the ride.