mtbr member
    Jul 2007

07 Cannondale F29

I picked up my new 29er from my LBS Friday. I went out to ride and I heard a rattling noise. I finally find the rattle and it was the water bottle bolts. I figured they needed tightended but they wouldn't tightin up. The piece in the frame just was spinning, so checking into more 4 out of the 6 were that way and wouldn't even come out, and I also noticed by the back tire the frame looked dingy. The rear brackets didn't look like they were even polished out. It is a raw frame but I didn't figure it would be that raw. Do you think that it is to much to expect a $1700 bike to have flaws like that or am I being to picky? Any replies appreciated.

Light, Strong and Long
    Jan 2005
    Bring it back to the shop where you bought it and have them look at it, tell them whats wrong and see what they'll do about it. I"m pretty sure those bottle cage inserts can be tightened up with the correct tool.
    Everyones got a little weight weinee in them

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    That would work for me, but what about the dingy looking frame areas. I think that they are clear coated.

discombobulated SuperModerator
    Jun 2005
    Could be just dirt?
    First off is to nicely seek a resolution with LBS..And failing that whine a bit louder...
    $1700 bike or not.....
    CDT

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Many of the frames look that way, it's a raw frame, not a polished frame, there's a distinct difference. No warranty would be forthcoming, it's how it is supposed to look. As for the bottle cage mount, 15 second repair at any dealer worth having a sign on the door........
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks, I took it in to my lbs they looked surpised to see me in the door, but they did take it back and fixed the problem.