Kam
    A hopped on pop.

05 Carbon Lefty Speed 110 dlr2 woes...

so i get a 05 carbon speed 110 dlr2 off ebay (yea, i know....caveat emptor). buyer stated the fork was serviced.

i get it and the fork and the travel is harsh and the fork is bone dry under the fork boot.

it needed a bearing reset.....follow the direction in the "bearing reset" and it was easy and felt good. didn't measure the overall length of the fork though, I will do that soon (doesn't take long to do).

when letting the air out of the fork a ton of grease came out of the schraeder valve. is that normal? i ended up inverting the bike to get all of the air out.

i think i may need to change the seals in the fork? i am thinking of tearing down the entire fork.

what tools will i need (besides the shimano ext BB cup tool)? the castle tool required?
    also, my lefty is mod'd for 29er use, any upgrades that are well worth it?

thanks in advance.
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Kam
    when letting the air out of the fork a ton of grease came out of the schraeder valve. is that normal? i ended up inverting the bike to get all of the air out.
    That's normal. There is actually Phil Wood's Tenacious oil in there, lubing the air piston. If that's your concern, I would not bother tearing it down. As long as it's smooth, your travel is full, your lockout complete, you have a healthy fork.
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com

Kam
    A hopped on pop.
    dude...i knew i could count on you to reply. you're a (lefty) god.

cheers!
    "forget kings...forget hadleys......they all have crap engagement. just run your bike fixed gear." - FoShizzle

All Lefty's, all the time Moderator
    Glad to be of use, ride it like you stole it
    This is a Pugs not some carbon wannabee pretzel wagon!!

- FrostyStruthers

www.mendoncyclesmith.com