Thread: 05 Bikes are up

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004

05 Bikes are up

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bad ronald
    Any idea how the "Speed" lefty differs from the older models?

Stewed Screwed & Tattooed
    Feb 2004
    The speed is 110 MM, while last years Jakes, and DLR's were 100MM. It also has improved dampers and new technologies from Fox. The Max got an upgrade up to 140MM as well. The lefties are definitely dialed!

-Ron

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'll take a Prophet 1000 (Mocha) and a six13 R3000 (charcoal grey) to go please

IMBA Canada
    Aug 2004
    My picks for next year:

- Prophet 4000
    - SiX13 R2000
    - Scalpel 1000
    - Gemini DH

It should be a good year... I'm not so sure about all the graphics... They look like Gary Fisher bikes.... But hey, the prophet will be hot!

mtbr member

prophet

does anyone know the weight for the new line of prophets? i had read somewhere that they were going to be in the 26lbs range, but have not heard anything from c-dale. also, what is the differance between the carbon lefty max (on the 4000) and the reg lefty max (on the 1000)?

thanks, looks like my jekyll is going to find a new home this offseason and i will be riding a prophet soon
    [SIZE="3"]The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan [/SIZE]

Out riding my Scalpel
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    does anyone know the weight for the new line of prophets? i had read somewhere that they were going to be in the 26lbs range, but have not heard anything from c-dale. also, what is the differance between the carbon lefty max (on the 4000) and the reg lefty max (on the 1000)?

thanks, looks like my jekyll is going to find a new home this offseason and i will be riding a prophet soon
    I feel the some way. Is the Jekyll era coming to an end? If so, I will be getting me the Prophet real soon. They look really awesome. Can't wait to demo one soon.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by subzero
    I feel the some way. Is the Jekyll era coming to an end? If so, I will be getting me the Prophet real soon. They look really awesome. Can't wait to demo one soon.

The Jekyll will probably soon phase out because Cannondale prefers to focus on one bike in each category. They kept the Jekyll with a lower cost component group. However, if you notice, the 04 and 03 Jekyll 1000's are speced similar to the Prophet 2000. So, if you have a newer and nicely speced Jekyll, ride the hell out of it. If it is time to get a new bike- look into the Prophet!

Out riding my Scalpel
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungadin
    The Jekyll will probably soon phase out because Cannondale prefers to focus on one bike in each category. They kept the Jekyll with a lower cost component group. However, if you notice, the 04 and 03 Jekyll 1000's are speced similar to the Prophet 2000. So, if you have a newer and nicely speced Jekyll, ride the hell out of it. If it is time to get a new bike- look into the Prophet!
    I have the 2003 Jekyll 1000 now, and love it. I do ride the hell out of it and enjoy every minute of it. I say in about a year or so I'll pick up a new ride. I know it will be a Cannondale but not sure which one. The Prophet 2000 looks awesome.

LA CHVRE
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr

I read somewhere in the 24 lbs range for the Prophet 4000. Around 27 for the 4X version. Cannondale never officially state the weights of their bikes no more but the frame (front triangle and swingarm, no shock) is supposedly 5.25 lbs.

The carbon Lefty Max on the 4000 has the outer tube made of carbon, Ti spring and Manitou internals with the enhanced SPV. The Lefty on the 2000 is the same but without the Ti spring and the one on the 1000 has an alu outer tube. Other than weights, they sould all perform the same.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I checked with my LBS yesterday and they have some 2005’s in stock, but not the Prophet. They said they built one up for the local C-dale rep, but the Prophet won’t be in their showroom ‘for sale’ for another month or so. They did have some 2005 road bikes like several version of the six13.

There were also some new Giants in there too. The new Raniers have a Marzocchi EXR fork and look very nice. Ooops!. The Giant board is a few aisles down….