Thread: 04 F2000sl

Huge Tracts of Land

04 F2000sl

Hi

Currently have a 98 F2000 and I think it is time to retire the old gal.

Looking at getting the F2000 SL when in the US this year.

Any comments - loves / hates with the componentry, frame, shock, etc

Cheers

mtbr member
    If you plan to make the change I would consider either stepping up to the F4000 or down to the F800 simply due to the Lefty. You are currently riding a Headshock now and You definitly would not regret the upgrade to the lefty. Now as far as coponantry goes you do miss out on the new shimano dual brake levers on the xt on the F2000 and the XTR on the F4000. I currently ride a 04 Team Scalple that has the new XTR and i really like it.
    No matter what you decide im sure you will be happy.

mtbr member
    The new "Optimo" frame is the best yet. Very strong and stiff and the degree slacker in the head tube is very nice. And yes, with the lefty you can adjust that out.

Are you talking to me?
    Whatever you do, keep that frame with the Rootbeer/candy red sparkle thing going on. I agree with going for the lefty. I had a 98 f2000 also. It cracked and was replaced (warranty). Since then, I went from that to a Jekyll/Lefty DLR, and am now on a Gemini/Lefty Max. Later.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

great bike

I recently purchased a new '04 F2000. Very light. Great spec. It weighed 24 pounds stock with the heavy shimano 520 pedals. You really won't need to upgrade the drivetrain. Of course if I could have afforded the 4000 I would have, but for my money, it was hard to beat the 2000. The Optimo frame is great. New shimano XT works well so far. I like the new shifters with the rapid rise der. It makes a lot of sense.

Huge Tracts of Land
    thanks everyone

I appreciate your comments