mtbr member
    Sep 2007

Yelly and Manuels

Would like to learn Manuels when I get my Yelli.On a lot of the searches I've done everyone claims its much harder to learn or even do on a 29er,which I can understand.Should this learning process be a little easier on the Yelli with it being a HT and having shorter chainstays? From what I've read the front end is easy to get up.I'm sure some of you out there can do them.I'd just like to know there's some hope for me!

beater
    The Yelli is an absolute wheelie / manual machine. After a few weeks away from it, spent on my FS, I almost went over backwards the first time I popped a manual.
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." - Dr. Peter Venkman

Riding in Helena? Everything you need to know, right here.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I did go over backwards, still clipped in, on asphalt. Hurt like a mother. Yeah, they are good for manuals and lofting the front wheel.

undercover brother
    Quote Originally Posted by OneArm View Post
    I did go over backwards, still clipped in, on asphalt. Hurt like a mother. Yeah, they are good for manuals and lofting the front wheel.
    DId this twice in a week. Knocked the wind out of me both times. The second time I picked up my bike and through it into a bush. Friends laughing, me feeling like I was dying/ broke my back, ego was bruised...

Now I'm too scared to do them clipped in and unclip to do manuels and wheelies.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I swore them off altogether. I'm lucky I didn't break my hip, plus I like actual riding too much!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I went back to flats for this very reason, to practice wheelies.