mtbr member
    Jan 2012

Yelli Screamy vs Commencal Meta AM29. Help.... plus Sizing.

Guys,

Need some thoughts please.

I've currently got a Commencal Meta AM29, which is just an EPIC bike. However even with Hope/Crest combo with Rocket Rons it's still coming in at 35lb almost.
    I bought earlier this year to 'help' me attacking bigger harder stuff and it's been great. I took some training and learned to jump etc, but this bike just encourages me to jump more and bigger (not compared to proper riders, but compared to last years 'me' )stuff. I then lobbed it on a jump gully and hurt my shoulder. I'm now thinking of going a little less 'hardcore' and a bit more XC with some trailcentre fun.

I recently rode a HT (Carrera) at my local trailcentre and was less than impressed, but arguably it was a budget HT rather than a nicely spec'd HT. So maybe throws the discussion out slightly.

The large majority of my riding is XC based, with the odd trip to somewhere a bit more 'exciting'

The Commencal at times irritates me with it's noisy internal routing, which seems impossible to make perfectly quiet, along with the PRessfit BB which I'm not entirely happy with.

The plan for later this year is to do a bit more long distance XC racing/events, 50-80-100km events, which I think the Yelli would suit better due to the lower weight compared to the Commencal. But maybe I'd miss the comfort of the FS over a 5-6 hour event ?

Lastly, I've got a deal on the table which is Yelli Screamy, size Medium, Fox Float 32, @ 130mm, Easton haven carbon bars, Thomson stem and seat post, dt Swiss 350 wheels, xt shifters, slx clutch mech, xt cassette, formula t1 brakes, xt cranks.
    On top of that I get to keep my HOPE wheels as 'spares' or I could pick one of the sets to be my AM wheels with HAns Dampf's for example and 1 set for Rocket Rons for quicker riding. I also get $450 in cash.

Now the RRP on the Meta was about $5000 over in the US, but I only paid $2400 or so, which is excellent. But part of me still feels I'm trading at $5000 bike for a $2500 bike..

The MetaAM is a LArge, I'm 6'0 with about a 32-33" inseam. The Yelli is a Medium... which I'm worried will be too big for me.

I had a Yelli previously, it was an XL, which I felt was too big, so sold on quite quickly... Rekon a Medium will be too small ? My previous bike was a large Spearfish which fitted perfectly (should have kept it really), and a Giant XTC29 which was a medium, arguably a little small, but I was happy enough on it..

Thanks in advance.

That's REEAAALLLL Nice

From a Sizing standpoint...

I'm the same size as you, and a Medium Yelli felt too small for me. As soon as I threw my leg over, sat on the seat and grabbed the bars, I knew I would need a size Large. I haven't yet purchased, but the large would be my size.

mtbr member

Yelli Screamy vs Commencal Meta AM29. Help.... plus Sizing.

You need a larhe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Call Canfield and talk to them.I am 5'10 with 32 pants inseam and run a medium.Seems a large would be your size like mentioned.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    You are a large on the money.