Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    mtbr member

Yelli Screamy Photo Thread

Last of my stuff is showing up today. Super stoked. However, still have a lot of building and learning to do before it'll be done.

mtbr member
    Just picked it up last night. Haven't been able to ride it or fit it yet, but that'll be done tonight. Mayden voyage thursday. I'm super stoked.

Yelli Screamy Photo Thread-0414141949a%5B1%5D.jpg
    2013 Kona Process

mtbr member

Looks awesome!

mtbr member
    Thanks, it came out better than I thought. I can't wait to really ride it.

My only complain is that there is only one set of cable guides. Is this correct? I've got 4 cables going on one guide.
    2013 Kona Process

mtbr member

I would have to check mine when I get home - haven't gotten that far on my build.

What is that material you all are using on your chainstays for protection?

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by formu1fan View Post
    My only complain is that there is only one set of cable guides. Is this correct? I've got 4 cables going on one guide.
    Yeah, that's right. They all bundle up on the one guide, zip-tie around all of them, four in my case (rear derailleur, front derailleur, dropper post, rear brake). Hasn't been a problem.

Morgan

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gouda Cheez View Post
    I would have to check mine when I get home - haven't gotten that far on my build.

What is that material you all are using on your chainstays for protection?
    I believe it's an old inner tube wrapped and taped. I bought it used and it came like that. I was hoping to keep the costs down, but I ended up blowing my budget out of the water and I'm glad I did

Quote Originally Posted by morganfletcher View Post
    Yeah, that's right. They all bundle up on the one guide, zip-tie around all of them, four in my case (rear derailleur, front derailleur, dropper post, rear brake). Hasn't been a problem.

Morgan
    Thanks. I noticed it and my mechanic thought it was odd, but It worked. Just wanted to make sure.
    2013 Kona Process

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    3m self amalgomating tape. It fuses to itself. Works great!
    Follow my MTB blog...
    http://cdmountain.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Finally got my Yelli built up (except brakes). It rides awesome and I couldnt be happier with the fit and feel of the bike.

Taking her out on her first endurance race this weekend at PMBAR Pisgah Productions | About the Race / Registration Link

Still gotta put on my new M785's but after that shes ready to rip...

MTBR Member
    GL in PMBAR. Perfect hardtail for WNC.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

mtbr member

First ride out with the YS I built up:

Holy ish... What a bike.

AOK
    mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Banjopickin View Post
    Finally got my Yelli built up (except brakes).
    Who needs brakes? 8)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AOK View Post
    Who needs brakes? 8)
    exactly. i plan on using this bike for climbing only...Reverse shuttle runs.

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by Banjopickin View Post
    exactly. i plan on using this bike for climbing only...Reverse shuttle runs.
    You will become a BEAST!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Size medium glow blue on its way!Thanks Sean and crew!You guys are awesome!

mtbr member
    Some photos on a ride

2013 Kona Process

mtbr member

How do you like your Pike?

mtbr member
    Sorry for the late reply, but I just got back from a ride last night and my impression of the pike is:

incredible. It has better small bump compliance than anything else I've ridden. I don't notice trail bumps/rocks/roots/ until my rear wheel gets over them. Wow. it is plush, even for a biiiig buy like myself.

And the bike, WOW! I feel like there are rockets in the fork legs because this thing is ridiculously easy to get the front wheel in the air. I just manual over every thing now. And it's pretty damn good in the steep stuff
    2013 Kona Process

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Finally built up the Derby's this weekend. Hopefully I can get out tonight.

Yelli Screamy Photo Thread-finished.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2012
    CDM88, I personally think the red, blue, and black scheme works quite well. After all it works well for our flag. Unfortunately I fell yesterday and F***** up my shoulder along with breaking the push rod to my rear brake so I'm out for a bit... Yelli Screamy Photo Thread-photo-1.jpgYelli Screamy Photo Thread-photo-2.jpg

Chris Bling

My Yelli

Here are some shots of the new black annodozed Canfield Brothers Downhill Bikes and Components Yelli Screamy with Pink Industry Nine hubs laced to WTB KOM rims, Shimano MTB Saint Shifter, Zee Derailleur, SLX Brakes, XTR Pedals, and XT Cassette and Cranks, RockShox Pike 140mm Fork, Race Face Performance Products Atlas Bar, Thomson 50mm Stem, Chris King Precision Components Inset 3 headset and Bottom Bracket, Hope Technology Ltd Seatpost collar, 30t Retainer Ring and 40T-Rex Expander Sprocket, Maxxis Ardent 2.25 and High Roller II 2.3 tires, Gravity Dropper Seatpost and SRAM PC1050 chain.

The bike is crazy fun, plus its easy on the eyes. Enjoy the pics.

Yelli Screamy Photo Thread-hubsessed-cycle-works-canfield-brothers-yelli-screamy.jpgYelli Screamy Photo Thread-hubsessed-cycle-works-canfield-brothers-yelli-screamy-side.jpgYelli Screamy Photo Thread-hubsessed-cycle-works-canfield-brothers-yelli-screamy-picture.jpg
    The obsession of wheels fused with the passion of cycling
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member

Looks amazing. How do you like that GD post? I feel like a dropper is the one thing missing from my bike.

Chris Bling
    Looks amazing. How do you like that GD post? I feel like a dropper is the one thing missing from my bike.
    The dropper really makes the bike. Not having to stop to lower your seat or being able to lower your seat in a sketchy downhill is priceless.

I really like the Gravity Dropper over the newer dropper posts because it will last forever and pretty much maintenance free. No hoses to bleed, to air pressure to worry about. Just swap a shift cable and housing every few years and you are good.

I have the newer LP version from Gravity Dropper. That one has my vote
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dustyduke22 View Post
    I really like the Gravity Dropper over the newer dropper posts because it will last forever and pretty much maintenance free. No hoses to bleed, to air pressure to worry about.
    A dropper really helps the flow of the ride IMO, a dropped saddle is like halving the weight of the bike.

My Reverb works well except bleeding it is a faff and I don't see the benefit of the hydraulic over using a cable.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Finally got mine built
    Yelli Screamy Photo Thread-bike-pic.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Im so jealous!....im falling behind...financially
    Follow my MTB blog...
    http://cdmountain.blogspot.com

mtbr member

Here's a few more detailed pics of my build:

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Been having such a blast on this YS frame that I keep forgetting to stop and take a pic. Anyway, finally took a minute to snap one today.

mtbr member

Digging that color. Looks great!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Digging that color. Looks great!
    If you're talking to me, then thanks! The black chrome frame can sometimes look bright silver at one angle, then bronze or gray at another. Really unique finish. Good work, Canfield!

mtbr member

Yes sir. Looks great in the pics!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by skimatty View Post
    Finally got mine built
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike pic.jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	157.9 KB 
ID:	894435
    Would love to see some more photos of your build!

Here's a few more detailed pics of my build:

Looks so good, I'm torn between Ano Blue & Black ....

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses-31 View Post
    Would love to see some more photos of your build!

Looks so good, I'm torn between Ano Blue & Black ....
    I went with the black because everything will match it and it looks sick. At the same time, this is my first black bike and I wondered why I have waited to long
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member

I like the black a lot - it's clean and simple and like Dusty said, it matches everything. Although I wouldn't mind having a bright, obnoxious glow in the dark frame either.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hi, new yelli owner here. After a ride I'm thinking my tires are too xcish. Is there a consensus for mostly hard pack light Clyde but still a bit efficient?

Chris Bling
    Quote Originally Posted by drdre View Post
    Hi, new yelli owner here. After a ride I'm thinking my tires are too xcish. Is there a consensus for mostly hard pack light Clyde but still a bit efficient?
    My father in Law is nearly 250 and is rolling Ardent 2.25 front and rear.

That being said, he is not much of an aggressive rider. I am currently running Ardent 2.25 rear and High Roller II front. Great combo of low RR and traction. I really like the combo
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member

Dusty, are the Vigilantes any good for Clyde riders? I fuggin love them on my setup, but I am nowhere near being a Clyde.

Chris Bling
    Dusty, are the Vigilantes any good for Clyde riders? I fuggin love them on my setup, but I am nowhere near being a Clyde.
    I love mine too!

I would for sure recommend them for the Clydes out there, just make sure to get the AM Casing. Its thicker and will provide more support in the corners
    Affordable Custom Wheels

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I should probably of specified what's already there. Currently its ardents 2.4 in front and 2.25 in the back. It climbs well. Descent is good but I'm eyeballing the huge amount of space back there for bigger tires. I bet the ardent2.4 would fit tho it might be a bit bouncy. I've got a set of bontrager 29-3 but I dunno if that would be any better. they were initially earmarked for my rigid ss.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    The 2.4" Ardent fits easily in the rear. They're the first tires I ran on my Yelli. They work well enough as an all-arounder.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Bdx, what drove you from the ardent 2.4 in the back?

I wasn't aware of the vigilantes, that's a good tip. Any others highly recommend for ys?

mtbr member
    For our trails in the PNW, I really like the 2.3 Geax Gato. I'm using the standard folding bead with tubes on Salsa Semi rims.
    I only ride bikes to fill the time when I'm not skiing.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by drdre View Post
    Bdx, what drove you from the ardent 2.4 in the back?
    The main thing I didn't like about it was the vague transition to the outer knobs. It spooks me into doing stupid things.

The rear doesn't have as much bite as I'd like for climbing some of the steep stuff we have around here. We're mostly loose over hardpack or just hard pack as well as our fair share of rocks and roots.

I'm running the DHF 2.5/DHR II 2.3 combo now. The Ardents are lighter and roll faster but I'm willing to trade that for the otherwise superior performance in all of my riding conditions. They work particularly well on the rocks and roots I find.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Was also running 2.5 & 2.3 Minions for a good while... Those things stick well on hard pack, loose over hard and rocks n roots. Even reasonably good climbing over wet root... Killer is rolling resistance and weight of that 2.5 up front.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    OHM, that geax gato is certainly interesting. A bizzarre looking treat pattern with equally bizzare reviews. I think the twentynineinches review is praise but I cant really tell for sure and the mtbr reviews are all over the board. Anybody used it in co front range?

U and BDX, yup, those minions look fantastic on the downhill. I'd have to be a fair bit stronger to hoist those up the mountain with 30x36 gearing tho - I do like it when you goose the pedals and the bike jumps forward on xc ish tires.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    That's my 1x10 gearing as well. I definitely feel the need for a lower gear as I start to tire, but that has been on any tire. Honestly it's not been that big of a deal. But the extra weight of these tires tips my Yelli past the 30lb mark. It needs to go on a diet!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Just finished and rode my YS XX1 build.It handles like a 26'er but has the 29'er wheel advantage!The bros have this thing dialed.I have a 60mm stem but considering a 35.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I started with a 50mm stem and now in running a 35mm and it was a huge difference. I certainly recommend it. I've got the Easton Havoc.

Though sizing could be an issue. How task are you, what's your inseem, and what size Yelli is it?

mtbr member
    May 2006
    I am 5'10 with 32 inseam and run a medium with a 720mm lo rise bar.I am considering a 35 or 45mm stem and going to a flat 720mm bar.I would post pics but not set up to do so unfortunately.I love this bike!

I am running 2.3 width tire on 29mm inner width rims.I need more rubber.I can really lean and hammer the tight corners with this bad boy.I am wondering if the new wtb 650x2.8 tire will fit the back when they become available.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    You're my size, those are my measurements, too. I ride a large, though. My bars are these: Chromag Bikes - Chromag Cutlass. All Mountain / XC Carbon bars.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    What length stem are you running?I think med is perfect for me.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Mine's a large.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonX View Post
    Mine's a large.
    I know your frame is a large but what length stem do you run on the large frame?

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Running 35mm stem on a medium, I thought I was done with short stems at 50mm until I tried the 35, wow a revelation.

Bars are 785mm, @mxer I'd suggest wider than 720mm bars too. Generally you can go wider and lower as the stem gets shorter.

Yelli's are great, quite why everyone doesn't have one is beyond e (except that they're £850 (= 1430 USD) here in the UK!).

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto View Post
    Running 35mm stem on a medium, I thought I was done with short stems at 50mm until I tried the 35, wow a revelation.

Bars are 785mm, @mxer I'd suggest wider than 720mm bars too. Generally you can go wider and lower as the stem gets shorter.

Yelli's are great, quite why everyone doesn't have one is beyond e (except that they're £850 (= 1430 USD) here in the UK!).
    *grumbles about stupid UK import duties and $200 shipping*

Its cheaper to import yourself, with taxes they come in at just under £700 delivered iirc.
    Or, head over to Canfield Brothers UK | Performance Downhill Mountain Bikes and frames and have a chat with Mark, he's a top bloke and very very helpful, there is some pretty good riding near by too to demo a Yelli on. Marks selling them for £750.

I've put a deposit down for one off the next production run which should ne July/August.

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer View Post
    I know your frame is a large but what length stem do you run on the large frame?
    It's a 35mm, dude. I posted all of this already.

mtbr member

Feel like I I need to try a short stem.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    It's a 35mm, dude. I posted all of this already.
    Sorry i missed that.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Thanks Bluedragon and ghetto.Gonna try a 45mm neg 6 degree stem and stay with my 720mm riser for now.Between my bad shoulders and the tight trails I ride I dig the 720.[Mostly because of my bad shoulders]

I rode it again tonight and it absolutely rips!It begs to be pushed hard and the harder I ride it the better it handles!Hands down the best bike I have ever ridden or owned!And that is lots of bikes since 1985!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Feel like I I need to try a short stem.
    u noze it

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    *grumbles about stupid UK import duties and $200 shipping*
    US frames are stupid money in the UK, absolutely. I choose to take a +ve spin on it and say it leaves a space for our indigenous designers to work in, e.g. On One, Singular, Kinesis, Cotic and so on. I think if they had to compete with US frames at the same price I thin they'd find life a lot harder, and they bring real value to the market.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    On the other hand none of the UK brands have really had the balls to produce a frame in Canfield HT geometry, they continually fudge the chain stay length. Their loss & Canfield's gain.

Hey Canfield if you could get your frame more affordable in the UK you'd sell boatloads!

The White Jeff W
    On the other hand none of the UK brands have really had the balls to produce a frame in Canfield HT geometry, they continually fudge the chain stay length. Their loss & Canfield's gain.

Hey Canfield if you could get your frame more affordable in the UK you'd sell boatloads!
    Close...

On-One Parkwood Frame | On - One
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Only major diff is headset. Ys uses zs and/or ec cup while parkwood uses integrated. I like cups better. I'd get the parkwood 'right now' if it weren't for this.
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    Only major diff is headset. Ys uses zs and/or ec cup while parkwood uses integrated. I like cups better. I'd get the parkwood 'right now' if it weren't for this.
    Parkwood chainstays are longer. I've not ridden one, perhaps the difference is not significant, but I think that's what differentiates the Yelli. If I was going to buy the Parkwood geo, I'd buy the ti Fireline which I believe is identical.

Anyway I have an N9 coming, so OO have missed the boat on this one.

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Working out the final colours for my Yelli ... quick mock up in photoshop ... you reckon this works ... or too much white?

Yelli Screamy Photo Thread-yelli-blue-white.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Working out the final colours for my Yelli ... quick mock up in photoshop ... you reckon this works ... or too much white?

Name:	yelli-blue-white.jpg 
Views:	320 
Size:	142.5 KB 
ID:	905060
    That looks great. Love the white on blue! Make it happen.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That would look good with black rims too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    White rims are a real pain to clean.

Personally I'd have black rims and forks, and let the sheen of the frame shine through rather than distracting from it.

mtbr member

White rims are a real pain to clean.

Personally I'd have black rims and forks, and let the sheen of the frame shine through rather than distracting from it.
    Agreed! My charger pros are a real ***** to keep clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Thats my only worry is keeping them clean ... however I like keeping my current bike clean so I'm thinking if I keep up the regular cleaning then it'll be alright?
    Hell whats it take, 5 mins a rim at worst?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    If you get stans on it and dont clean it right away (almost inevitable if you burp or poke a hole in the tire), it will stain it. Some chain lubes my stain it too. Also, you'll have an easier time selling a white rim vs a black rim on cl. Black is the new white!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013

Canfield Brothers - Yelli Screamy Ano Blue XL

I'm extremely pleased I went with white rims!!

Just waiting for my TMR Imprint white grips to arrive and its all done.

Thanks to Canfield Bros for putting me in contact with Mark @ Overspoke Bikes ... been a long wait but worth it! Just need a few free hours to get out for a proper ride now!!

• Frame: Yelli Screamy, obviously. Hope Head Set.
    • Forks: Rockshox Revelation XX Dual Position 110/140mm Forks.
    • Bars & Stem: Chromag Fubars OSX - Black Chrome. Truvativ Holzfeller. TMR Imprint Grips.
    • Seat & Post: Charge Ladle on a Rockshox Reverb 420mm post with 125mm Drop.
    • Wheel Set: White ZTR Flow EX laced to Hope Pro 2 EVO Hubs with Sapim CX-Ray Spokes. DT Swiss RWS Thru bolt.
    • Tyres & Tubes: Continental Mountain King II ProTection folding BlackChili 2.4/2.2 around Schwalbe SV19A LightWeight Tubes.
    • Brakes: Hope Tech 3 E4 with Braided Hoses and 203mm/183mm Hope Saw Rotors.
    • Drive Train: Shimano XT M785 175mm Arms through a SM-BB70. Shimano PD-M530 pedals. RaceFace Narrow/Wide 30t. KMC X10-93 Chain. XT M771 11-36 Cassette. Shimano Zee M640 Shadow+ Wide Ratio with Hope Jockey Wheels.
    Last edited by Ulysses-31; 08-15-2014 at 08:36 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Nice build Ulysses!I put an on-one chunky monkey tire on the front.Amazing difference in cornering!Still waiting on my 45mm stem and just picked up so new xt brakes on a great deal to replace my old xt levers and saint calipers.

I really need a fs version of this bike!Anyway enjoy and get out for a proper ride.Exactly what I am getting ready to do this morning.

mtbr member
    What 45mm you using?

So youre using saint levers on xt calipers?
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by spyghost View Post
    What 45mm you using?

So youre using saint levers on xt calipers?
    Loaded precision 45mm stem.No as I stated xt levers with saint calipers.06-07 era.

mtbr member
    How does your brake perform with that mix?
    Canfield Yelli Screamy

mtbr member
    Whats the biggest tire for this frame?

Will Ardent 2.4 on Flow work?

Espen

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Espen View Post

Espen
    I have an Ardent 2.25 on a Flow in the back with what looks like enough room to go 2.4. My plan is to replace the 2.25 with the 2.4 in a couple months...

You should try it first and report back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I can fit a Conti Trail King 2.4 in a Velocity P35 and I run 3 x 9 drivetrain.

mtbr member
    I guess the Ardent 2.4 is bigger than the TK 2.4. How much clearance around that tire?

E

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Cheers mxer!
    There is loads of room with the 2.2 Conti on there. If I get time over the next couple of weeks I'll mount a 2.5 DHF Minion on the the rear just to see how close it is ... would imagine thats the limit though, if not too big.

Cant wait to get out and get some miles on it. Heli tape is pretty much done on it now.

WNC Native

Espen
    I fit a Rampage 2.3 on 38mm wide Kris Holm rims on mine.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

....just cruisin through
    Cheers mxer!
    There is loads of room with the 2.2 Conti on there. If I get time over the next couple of weeks I'll mount a 2.5 DHF Minion on the the rear just to see how close it is ... would imagine thats the limit though, if not too big.

Cant wait to get out and get some miles on it. Heli tape is pretty much done on it now.
    Ardent 2.4 on Flow (not EX) will fit with room to spare
    Minion 2.5 on Flow (not EX) will not fit (two or three outside lugs of the entire tire will contact the non-driveside chainstay (see below):
    Yelli Screamy Photo Thread-p4pb9897640.jpg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here are just a few of the key ingredients: dynamite, pole vaulting, laughing gas, choppers.....

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by dfrazm View Post
    Ardent 2.4 on Flow (not EX) will fit with room to spare
    Minion 2.5 on Flow (not EX) will not fit (two or three outside lugs of the entire tire will contact the non-driveside chainstay (see below):

Name:	p4pb9897640.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	915275
    Cheers fella, saved me messing around with that

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Well it pains me to say it, but I think my stable is going to be down a Yelli.

Rode the bike is the Rattling Off Road last weekend at Rattling Creek, PA. Basically a 30 mile rock garden and, while the bike shined at attacked every single line I told it to, my back took a pounding. For 90% of the rides I do on the Yelli it's fine. Then the other 10% (which are the longer races) my back pain wins the battle.

Which sucks because this (and my Nimble 9 - which is staying since it's SS so I ride out of saddle more, steel so it at least soaks up SOME chatter, and I don't ride it on the super long endurance rides so it doesn't bother the back) is the funnest bike I have ever owned.

And the prettiest.

I REALLY wish I had the money to keep this bike to ride on shorter and/or less rocky and build an FS rig up too, but that ain't in the cards right now so I need to harvest the parts for the new build. I'm half tempted to keep the frame and hang it on the wall until I can afford to build it up again for that purpose... lol

So it looks like a full squish build is in my future and Craigslist and Pinkbike are in the Yelli's unless someone can convince me otherwise...

mtbr member
    The 2.4" Ardent fits easily in the rear. They're the first tires I ran on my Yelli. They work well enough as an all-arounder.
    Lovely!

What kind of rim?

Edit: Question answered by dfrazm. Thanks!

Espen

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Well it pains me to say it, but I think my stable is going to be down a Yelli.

Rode the bike is the Rattling Off Road last weekend at Rattling Creek, PA. Basically a 30 mile rock garden and, while the bike shined at attacked every single line I told it to, my back took a pounding. For 90% of the rides I do on the Yelli it's fine. Then the other 10% (which are the longer races) my back pain wins the battle.

Which sucks because this (and my Nimble 9 - which is staying since it's SS so I ride out of saddle more, steel so it at least soaks up SOME chatter, and I don't ride it on the super long endurance rides so it doesn't bother the back) is the funnest bike I have ever owned.

And the prettiest.

I REALLY wish I had the money to keep this bike to ride on shorter and/or less rocky and build an FS rig up too, but that ain't in the cards right now so I need to harvest the parts for the new build. I'm half tempted to keep the frame and hang it on the wall until I can afford to build it up again for that purpose... lol

So it looks like a full squish build is in my future and Craigslist and Pinkbike are in the Yelli's unless someone can convince me otherwise...
    Don't do it!!!!! Set the frame on the wall for a later build.....Just saying your half convinced to hang on to it shows you will have TREMENDOUS sellers remorse... Build the squish and slowly put the Yelli back together. You will like yourself much more that way!!!

bicycle rider
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan View Post
    Don't do it!!!!! Set the frame on the wall for a later build.....Just saying your half convinced to hang on to it shows you will have TREMENDOUS sellers remorse... Build the squish and slowly put the Yelli back together. You will like yourself much more that way!!!
    Have to agree. I have a Yelli and a couple squishy bikes. Horses for courses.

Morgan

MTBR Member
    Don't see why you need the Yelli when you have the Nimble. Could always convert the Nimble to geared.

mtbr member
    Lovely!

What kind of rim?
    Ardent 2.4 on P35 do fit with spare room

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    Don't see why you need the Yelli when you have the Nimble. Could always convert the Nimble to geared.
    This was my thinking, sort of.

I really want a full squish, but to do that I would have to sell a bike. No need for two hardtails with such similar geo. And between the two bikes I prefer the Nimble anyways. For the steel and for the ability to go SS or geared.

I wish I just hit the lotto (which I don't even play, lol) so I could keep both and build the dream steed.

mtbr member

Here's a recent picture of my Yelli - finally 100% built up the way I want it.

mtbr member
    I have my Large frame in the basement just begging me to build it. I got the itch to build a super light XC style bike this year into next season but I keep remembering how much fun the Yelli is. I don't think I could ever sell it. The tough part is that there are carbon frames out there that are almost 2 lbs lighter! That's huge. But they're not necessarily fun to ride as we all know. I wonder how silly light I could go with a Yelli in XC mode?

Has any one taken this route? I'm thinking SID style fork 1600 gram wheels and a standard seat post. 20 lbs doable? God I'd love to find this geo in carbon!
    My one says BRAP!

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ncfisherman View Post
    I had the same issue. Had a very nice N9 built up and found a killer deal on a FS frame. Starting calculating budget, and realized it would take wayyy too long to build up FS w/o thinning the herd. I ended up selling my N9 frame, and even though I was really sad to see her go, I am 100% over it.

The n9 is a very nice frame, but I want to ride long into my golden years, and I am hoping a FS will take me there. I did what had to be done, and will never look back.

Bad cat!
    Yelli Screamy Photo Thread-yelli.jpg

A pretty typical xc yelli build probably...100mm reba. Running 1x9 with an HBC chainring while I wait for a Wolftooth NW 30t. But had to get it up and running for a test drive. Just cruising around in flip flops, but feels really good. In contrast to some, I'm going from full squish to hardtail. I just looted lots of parts off my Epic comp, a really nice bike the Epic, but just started to seem a bit boring. Guess I'm a hardtail guy at heart. Kept riding the carbon stumpy ht, which will be the dedicated race bike now, the Yelli for 80% of my rides. And maybe a race or two, who knows?

Super impressed by how well it climbs standing up--in flip flops no less. Tomorrow I'll get it out for a real spin...oh yeah, 24.6 as pictured...

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Looks nice, that's really light too! Been putting in a few xc miles on mine and it's happy at 110m but still really lively when you need it to be. At 140mm it a different kind of animal.

Bad cat!
    ^^^I can see it would be--after one ride I can begin to imagine a long travel fork and a 5" dropper. But man it didn't disappoint with the 4" dropper and 100mm fork. Have some pretty decent sized rubber on so ride was not punishing at all, climbing I give it a 9, can come out of the saddle effortlessly and get your weight too far forward and it just digs in anyway, descending is a blast, bike changes direction and carves so easily, switchbacks are actually fun the turning radius is so tight, just a good time all around. I'm a short stay believer. I have been to the mountaintop...

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    Yea, I'm very pleased with the frame, I wanted a do it all bike and the Yelli is a do it all frame for sure. Found a sexy couple of miles of rooty loamy then in to fast flowing tight curvy singletrack yesterday and the Yelli was right there the whole way, so compliant, love it. As you said, those short stay make it so easy to control in switchback and berms, its actually now fun to throw the bike about a bit!
    Climbing is great too (@110mm), had some nice rock and root climbs yest and I think the short stays help there too as they make it easier to pop the front wheel up & over, even when sitting forward ... @140mm might take a bit more work to keep the front down though. That said, I've found I only use the Revs at 140mm for going down stuff.

So far despite being about 1.5lbs heavier the Yelli is faster than the my old Canyon! I didnt believe it to start with as it feels slower to ride and the wheelset (with rotors) is a touch heavier.

mtbr member
    Anyone built up a Fern Green Yelli ? I would love to see some pics of one of those please!
    Not really doing much Ridin' or Diggin'

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast