mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Yelli Screamy bashwich?

Running my YS as a 1x9 with no chain retention device or bashguard up front. 32t chainring on XT cranks with 11-34 cassette. Don't drop the chain much with this setup but it seems to be happening more frequently lately and am looking for a solution. I like the idea of running a couple BBG bashguards bashwich style but am worried I won't have clearance at the chainstay. Any Yelli owners tried this?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I've got a MRP BB mounted bash guard ready to go on. It will work great with the spiderless MRP bling ring. Pester me in a day or two if I don't post any photos.

Edit: Oh, you're asking about the YS. I've got a N9. You might have luck asking MRP directly.

Canfield Brothers
    MRP and E-13 both have a upper guide that mounts to the DM derailleur tab. It's a good solution for light weight chain retention. Otherwise a bash ring on the outside will work but a ring inside would hit the chainstay, no good.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Yelli Screamy bashwich?-img_3094.jpg  

http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Thanks for the response. I kind of thought clearance was too tight for an inner bash. I was hoping to avoid buying a guide - I have friends who have had bad luck with the MRP and the E13's range is 34t+. Not to mention they are really expensive for what they are.
    In the meantime I've removed another link from my chain and haven't had any issues.
    Last edited by slsl123; 06-26-2012 at 03:33 AM. Reason: spelling