mtbr member
    May 2011

so I am about to build my Jedi 2012! excited, wondering if I bought the correct size?

I have a 2011 one Large. I feel this bike is the perfect size for me (I am 6ft2 and a bit), I love this bike so much. I ride it everywhere and sold all my other bikes. It currently weighs 42+ lbs though, so its a bit tough to pedal sometimes, so I am converting the one into a lighter weight bike, hopefully getting it to under 35 lbs and then making the jedi my DH rig.

when I put the jedi 2012 frame over the one 2011 frame, I noticed that the jedi frame might look a bit shorter? but its hard to tell as they are a different geometry too?

anyways, I tend to like bikes to be a bit smaller than too large, just wondering if my jedi frame large was right size for me? I bought second hand..... without ever seeing a jedi frame.

Also I think selling an XL frame would be horrendously difficult.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    also a probably more stupid question but the seatpost area of the jedi looks very short and very low

now seeing that I am stubborn and pedal DH bikes uphill for 3000 or 4000 feet vertical sometimes, is there any seat post that will work with a jedi to get it into an acceptable pedal position, but then also collapse all the way back down in there (and I mean ALL the way down, like a regular seatpost)

or should I just count on the fact that I am going to be standing mashing the pedals the whole way uphill?

mtbr member
    The JEDI runs 12mm or .5" short in the REACH than the ONE.
    so half a size.
    I'm 6'1" and have been on a large for years. But this last summer I rode a XL with a 1.5 angleset and a 45mm stem and was converted to the larger feel-

I makes you more balanced in the cockpit- so I could dive with my hands into steep corners without feeling like I would OTB.