Thread: She is here.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010

She is here.

She is here.-img_20140304_161645.jpg

Big thanks to Sean and the crew at Canfield for getting my frame out. First impression is WOW. This thing is amazing and has the Canfield quality. Can't wait to get this beast built up.....stay tuned!

mtbr member
    Nice!!!!!!! Mine won't be here until Thursday. ... getting the orange links. All my parts are ready just waiting for the frame and cranks to arrive..
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...ps00f08dc1.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Your a lucky man. I must have tracked mine 10 times today !!! It still had to cross the border wich will add time.

Grats on the ride. Medium or large ?

Vincent

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Looks amazing!! Green links, did you get the Emerald to go with it?

My delivery tracking just got moved from an expected Friday to an early Thursday!! Sweeet

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah, the green links are awesome. I have a '12 with the neon green links but now my green bits will match these new links. I will be running the DVO Emerald and hope the hype is real since I will be selling an Avy'd boxxer for it. Kinda worried about the durability of the CTA being carbon and over $300 to replace.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    What size did you pick ?

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I stuck with a Large at just a tad under 6'. I prefer a bit larger bike for the rough but didn't think my L '12 held back on jumps.

Canfield Brothers
    Stoked to see pics hitting the web! You guys will be blown away with the new bike. It's amazing how a few little tweaks can REALLY change the personality of a bike. As Lance puts it, "the new bike is PISSED!"

That being said, pre-orders were SUPER strong this year, (THANK YOU GUYS!!!). If you are thinking about getting a '14 lets us know as inventory is VERY low, we are down to only a few Smalls and Mediums and only 1 Large left for 2014! (The new Mediums will fit a rider up to 5'11").
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 03-05-2014 at 06:41 PM.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Large is the way to go mate. Im 6'1" here and this is my pick as well. I just wanted to know how the large looked.

Did you weight the frame yet ?

Thanks

Vincent

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    Stoked to see pics hitting the web! You guys will be blown away with the new bike. It's amazing how a few little tweaks can REALLY change the personality of a bike. As Lance puts it, "the new bike is PISSED!"

That being said, pre-orders were SUPER strong this year, (THANK YOU GUYS!!!). If you are thinking about getting a '14 lets us know as inventory is VERY low, we are down to only 1 Large left to sell! (The new Mediums will fit a rider up to 5'11").
    There are reasons you guys are getting such a crazy STRONG start.

1 - All your current owners upgraded their ride drooling over the new look and design they know it's that GOOD.

2 - EVERYONE else that was eying it already had the ultimate excuse to pull the trigger. It is just perfect in every ways.

Good jobs guys.

Vincent

mtbr member
    Bummer! Shoulda been here today, but severe weather in ID stalled it for a day
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    That blows. Tomorrow will be a better day im sure

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post

That being said, pre-orders were SUPER strong this year, (THANK YOU GUYS!!!). If you are thinking about getting a '14 lets us know as inventory is VERY low, we are down to only 1 Large left to sell! (The new Mediums will fit a rider up to 5'11").
    Oh man am I glad I bought when I did then! Is there a second run of larges in the works? That's crazy fast sales!

That's strange Paul, mine got moved up a day from Friday to thurs, just hit SLC at lunch time today.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    That's strange Paul, mine got moved up a day from Friday to thurs, just hit SLC at lunch time today.
    Jedis been selling out FAST for years now.

Meh, I'm okay w/ the delay. Still waiting for a few bits to get addressed...Avy cart update, new stanchies, assemble a set of XTR/Saint brakes, and also waiting on some spring bearings from UK. I'm looking at April before it's all done/dusted.
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Jedis been selling out FAST for years now.

Meh, I'm okay w/ the delay. Still waiting for a few bits to get addressed...Avy cart update, new stanchies, assemble a set of XTR/Saint brakes, and also waiting on some spring bearings from UK. I'm looking at April before it's all done/dusted.
    Keep an eye on the Saint and XTR brakes. I went through 2 pair of Saints and 2 pair of XTRs both having leaky lever and/or caliper in one year.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meSSican View Post
    Keep an eye on the Saint and XTR brakes. I went through 2 pair of Saints and 2 pair of XTRs both having leaky lever and/or caliper in one year.
    Wooo...that's not good! Maybe I'll just bolt my Codes back on and sell those Shitmanos off...
    I went thru a leaking master cyl in the rear lever...but Shitmano was pretty quick on replacing it. But I'm not sure if they'll support a set of XTR trails w/ a Saint front caliper.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Yeah, Im not a big shimano brake fan right now. Started with m810s which bled out within a couple months, then my replacement 820s did the same thing and I do believe one of the levers is leaking again.
    On my AM bike started with XTs and both banjo fittings blew so i got XTRs and same story with those. Granted Shimano took care of it but between the $10 shipping and the down time it really sucks. I was hearing so much praise for the Shimano stuff, guess its my bad luck. If they go out again I am calling Mr. Shimano himself.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    You must be out of luck. I had countless set of M810, M820 and XTR and none of them failed on me.

They are by far the best brakes i have ever tried.

mtbr member
    Home sick today...
    Brown Santa just cruised up w/ a big white box w/ a skull stenciled on the side of it

Edit: wooo...and a video! SWEET!

She is here.-dscf0829.jpg

She is here.-dscf0830.jpg

She is here.-dscf0843.jpg
    Last edited by Pau11y; 03-06-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Mine got pushed back till tomorrow. ... UPS had a delay in transit. ... it's only 20 minutes away from me and I can't touch it...... man this sucks.
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...ps00f08dc1.jpg

mtbr member

Does an Avy fit in the new frame?

I went a couple of rounds w/ some questions to Vin on this...

The DHS is the old 8.75" i2i w/ a 450lbs RCS coil.

This pic is w/ everything bottomed. Notice the red lines...
    She is here.-14-jedi-avy-dhs.woodie-01.jpg

This is another perspective w/ everything bottomed...
    She is here.-14-jedi-avy-dhs.woodie-02.jpg

Then, I eyeball aligned the eyelets...
    She is here.-14-jedi-avy-dhs.woodie-03.jpg

...and took this pic. There's about a 3/32" gap between the coil and the bottom link!
    She is here.-14-jedi-avy-dhs.woodie-04.jpg

So, a steel coil will DEF fit...maybe even up to a 500#.

Anyway, another premium shock option besides the CCDB.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Had a box waiting for me as well...

She is here.-p4pb10685951.jpg

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    Had a box waiting for me as well...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p4pb10685951.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	160.6 KB 
ID:	875019
    WOW that looks great! I was going to offer you a brand new pair of Opium 3s until I saw the Enves in the background. Bad ass setup!