Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    They both climb great. Obviously the Nimble9 at 100mm vs. 140mm and a little longer stem has a slight advantage since the front stays more planted, but they both do fine sitting or standing. I usually climb the Nimble standing just so I can push the gear. I alternate on the Yelli.
    Thats what I was hoping to hear. I want one of these bikes, scratch that, I need one.

mtbr member
    I dig the reviews ,but not the gata colors

ps johnD from FS.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnFL View Post
    I dig the reviews ,but not the gata colors

ps johnD from FS.
    LOL That's ok John. Not everyone's colorblind to the point they dig crimson and gold. As our favorite FL congresswoman would say, Go Gator.

BTW- Last night I finally got the Nimble 9 out again. Damn that bike is fun too, just a different kind of fun than the Yelli. I'm sure a lot of it is 70mm stem on N9 vs. 50mm stem on Yelli, and 100mm travel on N9 vs 140 on Yelli. But wow.

I love the steel. And the shorter travel and resulting slightly steeper HTA makes this bike very, well, Nimble. And quick.

Managed just under 10 miles with 1,000 feet of up before we ran out of light. I left with a huge smile on my face like always.

I've usually always kept 2 mountain bikes. A single speed and an XC or Trail bike. Lately I've been wanting to build a FS in either 26 or 27.5. Every time a new build has happened in the past, one of my current bikes hit the chopping block. This is the first time that won't happen. Just gonna have to save up for the FS bike because neither of these are going anywhere.

mtbr member
    LOL That's ok John. Not everyone's colorblind to the point they dig crimson and gold.
    lol !

badass bikes bro... i'm looking to get a screamy in the future.

take it easy up there

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    lol !

badass bikes bro... i'm looking to get a screamy in the future.

take it easy up there
    Ha. You too down there.

Assuming you ride Tom Brown a bit? I used to be in sales and I covered from Ocala to Tally. Never had a day I didn't have the bike in the car.

mtbr member
    Ha. You too down there.

Assuming you ride Tom Brown a bit? I used to be in sales and I covered from Ocala to Tally. Never had a day I didn't have the bike in the car.
    nope , carter road , alafia and balm boyette. I'm on the northwest side of lakeland near I-4 and highway 98.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    nope , carter road , alafia and balm boyette. I'm on the northwest side of lakeland near I-4 and highway 98.
    Oh wow alright, assumed you might be in Tally. Alafia and Boyette are pretty dang fun too!

I never rode Carter Road while we lived down there. My brother lives in Temple Terrace and is just getting into the MTB. Trying to convince him to get a Yelli. He rides Alafia and Boyette a lot now, and Morris Bridge I think he calls it?, and I think is heading to Carter this weekend...

mtbr member
    I'll send a pm.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Hey pointerDixie214, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but in your first post/review you talk about the Yelli descending better. I'm thinking this is due to the Yelli's slightly longer chainstays giving it more stability. From what I can tell your dropouts are all the way forward on your Nimble 9. Thoughts?

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by jpo1 View Post
    Hey pointerDixie214, I don't know if anyone has mentioned this already, but in your first post/review you talk about the Yelli descending better. I'm thinking this is due to the Yelli's slightly longer chainstays giving it more stability. From what I can tell your dropouts are all the way forward on your Nimble 9. Thoughts?
    This is entirely possible, so I won't dispute it.

The chain on the Nimble has stretched a little now so the chainstays on each bike are fairly similar. But it's still not apples to apples since I have 40mm more travel, 40mm less stem, and almost 2* slacker HTA on the Yelli.

Bottom line though is I am still smitten with both of these bikes. I REALLY want to build up a Santa Cruz 5010 or a Kona Process 134, but I would have to sell one of these to free up funds. I can't part with either of them, so I am going to save up for a year or so so I don't have to get rid of either of these. I have NEVER had two bikes I loved so much that I couldn't convince myself to part with either for a new build.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    This is entirely possible, so I won't dispute it.

The chain on the Nimble has stretched a little now so the chainstays on each bike are fairly similar. But it's still not apples to apples since I have 40mm more travel, 40mm less stem, and almost 2* slacker HTA on the Yelli.

Bottom line though is I am still smitten with both of these bikes. I REALLY want to build up a Santa Cruz 5010 or a Kona Process 134, but I would have to sell one of these to free up funds. I can't part with either of them, so I am going to save up for a year or so so I don't have to get rid of either of these. I have NEVER had two bikes I loved so much that I couldn't convince myself to part with either for a new build.
    I see, I'm trying to justify to myself the Nimble 9 II is a steel version of the Yelli. I just don't want to miss out on the great descending prowess the Yelli has. Sounds like if you sold one you would kick yourself.

You could save money and split the difference between the 5010 and the Kona Process and get the Bantam. Same Geo as the 5010 and single pivot like the Process and I'm sure equally durable.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Cross Post from the Nimble9 Build Thread

I can cross post onto my own thread without feeling bad.

Finally took some more shots of Mrs. Nimble9. She sure likes it dirty, but she cleans up nice too. I freaking LOVE this bike. Just a quicky tonight, but 7.5 miles and 1,000+ feet of up in 55 minutes.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by BlakeOrange View Post
    55 minutes is quite a record. [IMG]http://*****************.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/11/2/smile.gif[/IMG]
    HAHA Maybe not for some. But for my winter-softened arse it's a good run. lol

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto View Post
    goddamit now I want an XC based N9 to go with my trailsy Yelli. You're not helping!
    I wrote that last November. Now I have an N9 on order. The Yelli, probably, stays.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009

Review - Nimble 9 vs. Yelli Screamy

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto View Post
    I wrote that last November. Now I have an N9 on order. The Yelli, probably, stays.
    Haha. You will not regret it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I don't think so. Current plan is to try the N9 at 100mm Rebas SS, put gears on my Yelli and wham it up to 130mm from the current 120mm Revs.

I'll report back in due course. I'm waiting for the N9 to get over here to the UK from the new 2014 shipment.

I've been pondering an N9 for a while, it was seeing a Chrome in the metal that closed the deal for me. Have had my Yelli for a year, love it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3