mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Reverb Stealth and The One

Needless to say I was intrigued with the idea of having a dropper post without the excess cable that sags when the seat is low. I thought it would work, but someone suggested that it would be mushed and crimped in the suspension link and it made me rethink buying a $350 seatpost.

Well I found one for 200 bones on fleabay and couldn't pass it up...

Yes I know, its dirty..
    The cable has more than enough bend to make the corner, its pretty loose where it sits, and that is full bottom out.

Routing was as I planned after clearing the lower link. Clearance is minimal, but sufficient.

Shabam! No dangly hose!

Only thing I see being an issue here is the hose rattling against the seat tube where it exits. I have an idea to dremmel out a little notch for the cable on the very bottom of the seat tube, doubt it would do anything negative right there.

Looks good though! Im pleased, I need to shorten the hose and give it a bleed, but otherwise it looks good to go. I'll get a ride report after this weekend

The post is a 380mm post, 125mm travel, left hand remote.

mtbr member
    Is the seat tube fully open from the open, meaning a big enough space to wrap the cable there with either soft Velcro (the fuzzy part) or some 3M 2228 Mastic tape to quiet things down?

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Yes, actually its fully open top to bottom. Which gives me an idea.. I could mold some sort of foam filler to plug the bottom hole and snugly route the cable through the center of the foam..

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I was considering doing this, but I think the KS lev solves the problem a little better. That way I can use the unused cable tie spots on the top tube.

mtbr member
    well, looks like that answers that. And I won't have to dremel a notch in the seat tube, or do any other weird thing to make it work.

Good to know, thanks