Thread: Request

Inrideo est vita

Request

I think this has been posted elsewhere, but if enough posts are put up maybe The Brothers will consider making it happen.

My request is thus: please make a rear triangle that is either 650B compatible or has adjustable drops to be either 26" or 650B. It doesn't need different geo, or anything other than longer stays to fit the tires.

Just make the rear triangle as an aftermarket upgrade and TAKE MY MONEY!
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SSteel View Post
    I think this has been posted elsewhere, but if enough posts are put up maybe The Brothers will consider making it happen.

My request is thus: please make a rear triangle that is either 650B compatible or has adjustable drops to be either 26" or 650B. It doesn't need different geo, or anything other than longer stays to fit the tires.

Just make the rear triangle as an aftermarket upgrade and TAKE MY MONEY!
    I've never heard of a company doing this. I'd put the chance of this happening from Canfield (or anyone else for that matter) at 0%. Bike companies bring a new bike to a market, not an upgrade for an old one.

Supposedly a 650 bike is in the works, why not instead wish for something more realistic, like a scenario where you sell your current Canfield and buy the new one next year?

mtbr member
    I asked a similar question a while back. But the more i think about it, the harder it would be to do it. It's far more than just making the rear triangle. If the rear end were around 3/4" to 1" longer, it would increase the leverage it has over the shock, and the shock rates would change. People would ahve to run a stiffer spring or higher air pressure to combat it. It would also mess with the wheelbase, elongating the bike, which many people wouldn't like as it can slow the handling down. Also, things like seat tube clearance for the tire would possibly come into play, as well as a change in bottom bracket height while compressing the suspension. The bb height would drop quicker as the compression progressed, and that would possibly be a problem when you already have a pretty low BB height on bikes like The One to begin with. That would change the effective head angle a bit too. The little problems would all add up to a very unpredictable outcome. As much as I would like to try one out, it probably won't happen due to the mountain of little issues that would need to be addressed.
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

Canfield Brothers
    We certainly have had a high amount of 27.5" questions/requests over the last few months. The issue with producing an "upgrade" 27.5" rear, or anything else like this for that matter is we are looking at a year to a year and half before the product would come to the market. You need to design, proto and real world test. If the potential product is deemed ready, then it's time to go into production and wait another 6 months. This all just takes time. The good news is, WAY before we could make something like this happen, our new 27.5"/26" compatible trail bike will be to the market.

That's all I can say for now, but we will say we are REALLY excited for 2014 in the Canfield Brothers world!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    The good news is, WAY before we could make something like this happen, our new 27.5"/26" compatible trail bike will be to the market.

That's all I can say for now, but we will say we are REALLY excited for 2014 in the Canfield Brothers world!

When CAN you say more damn it! Your Killing me here!
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yes please say a little more.LOL How about even a little hint on if there is a 29'er fully on the way also?

mtbr member
    I think a 27.5" trail bike from the bro's is where it is at.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    ...our new 27.5"/26" compatible trail bike will be to the market.

My name should be right at the top of that pre-order list!

M-P
    2014 Canfield Jedi - 2015 Canfield Balance - 2012 Canfield DJ