mtbr member
    Jan 2009

the one question's

im really liking the one, and as the other frame i was hoping to buy isnt going into production now, ( from a differant manufacturer ) im thinking of getting a canfield. so before i drop the $$$$$$ ona new frame, i want to besure it's the right choice for me.
    how does the one ride in it's rear travel. does it ride ontop of its travel like my current bike. or does it ride low in its travel like the spesh demo and sc v10.

how does the bike jump. is it nice and poppy like my currennt bike,

what kind of suspension linkage is it classed as, is it single pivot, 4x4 linkage, ect ect.

is the rear end stiff, or does it flex.

sorry for all the stupid newbie questions. and thanks in advance guys/ gals.

YRG
    mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Check out the "cranks for the One" thread. There is a nice review and you can start to hear people say that the parallel link is the best pedaling suspension around.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post

1) how does the one ride in it's rear travel. does it ride ontop of its travel like my current bike. or does it ride low in its travel like the spesh demo and sc v10.

2) how does the bike jump. is it nice and poppy like my currennt bike.

3) what kind of suspension linkage is it classed as.

4) is the rear end stiff, or does it flex.

1) With the shock dialed correctly I find The One to travel comfortably "on top", but I only seem to recognize that quality when I'm climbing. I ride it in 7" mode exclusively, I do remember it to ride a little lower while in 8". Will you be setting it up as a AM or DH rig?

2) It likes air time, easy to control and nicely balanced while flying. Very easy to pop, bunny hop, launch ect.

3) The linkage question is best suited for Canfield Bros. & Co to answer. Hopefully they'll chime in with a constructive response considering your a potential customer.

4) The rear end is rock solid, super stiff, up for any task. Loves to corner and drift hard. The stiff rear end is one of the best qualities for sure. You wont be disappointed.
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    thanks for that bigcrs....

the bike would be set up as a 7" freeride bike. mainly as my whistler play bike. i am from the uk but go to whistler twice a year. i like to ride everything, both park and xc. hence my need for a nice pedaling/climbing bike.
    at the mo i currently have a knolly dt, which pedals and climbs very well, ( though a ted heavy at 43lbs) i had been holding out for the new delirium that was supposed to be out this year, but i have just been told by them that there are no plans to launch one this year, so i am now looking at alternatives, and from what i hear the one is pretty close to the delirium.
    does anyone on here have experiance of both, who can compare how both bikes. are the 2 bikes comparable, or totally differant.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I can't speak for comparison of other FR bikes BUT you sound like you are going to build something similar to my spec.

-Rear is NICE and stiff.

-I am running CCDB Coil and love it. Can be poppy or damp. Plush/firm etc.

-GEO fits me AWESOME! 6'2" 195lbs, took a large.

-Airtime? I'm a mediocre FR/DH guy so I'd rather not pose. Much more aggressive folk here can help.

The only things I am changing.

-DH XO Cranks so I can run a 28t. 34 can be to steep for my a$$ occasionally.
    -When I run a the Saints 34t I will swap out my float 180 (Which is the best fox fork I have owned) to a fox 40.

My bike post#61.

2012 One!!!

Best,
    Ken
    I got more bikes than skills, son!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by delirian View Post
    thanks for that bigcrs....

the bike would be set up as a 7" freeride bike. mainly as my whistler play bike. i am from the uk but go to whistler twice a year. i like to ride everything, both park and xc. hence my need for a nice pedaling/climbing bike.
    at the mo i currently have a knolly dt, which pedals and climbs very well, ( though a ted heavy at 43lbs) i had been holding out for the new delirium that was supposed to be out this year, but i have just been told by them that there are no plans to launch one this year, so i am now looking at alternatives, and from what i hear the one is pretty close to the delirium.
    does anyone on here have experiance of both, who can compare how both bikes. are the 2 bikes comparable, or totally differant.
    Yeah, if your going to ride both park and xc 7" is the way to go. I've ridden Whistler some on The One and much prefer it in 7" mode. Purely because it suits my style (or lack of) of riding. I feel it's more compliant in 7", it's able to "creep up" at a slow pace to have a look whats over the edge without the rear tire hooking up on slow square edges. But again, IMO, the shock has to be dialed. The One craves performance, and to get the best out of it the shock needs to be dialed. Once you've found it, The One is almost in a class of it's own.

My buddy has came from a Delirium, and from what I can gather he is pretty damn happy. I know he quietly lerks around here, so maybe J you could pipe in....

mtbr member
    Oh, as to what type of linkage The One sports I'd say, it's closest to a VPP platform. Though if I'm (most probably) wrong please someone (Canfield bros) please correct and educate

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled across this Buyer's Guide To Mountain Bike Suspension, Part 2 - BikeRadar link. Pretty educational I reckon.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Oh, as to what type of linkage The One sports I'd say, it's closest to a VPP platform. Though if I'm (most probably) wrong please someone (Canfield bros) please correct and educate
    Our suspension is a parallel link. We are the longest running manufacture of parallel link suspensions as the Bros have been designing bikes using this since 1999.

mtbr member
    Did a quick search on the parallel link and this What makes Canfield Brothers Downhill Bike Suspension System Unique came up.

Shines some light on the subject.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    thanks for the info guys,,,, this is making me want one even more,,,
    still would be great to hear some opinions of people that have ridden both knolly dt/ delirium, and the one,