• 02-23-2013
    gavind
    The One AM with offset Bushings
    Hi fellow One owners!

I have a 2012 set up currently as a light DH rig (8.75x2.75 with 180mm SC Fork) which I love and adore but I am about to inherit a DH rig so will set up the One for AM duties only. Luckily for me through some connections I can get BOS product on the cheap (so it will be a Vipr and Deville 170 or 160mm), but with a 8.5x2.5 shock I know pedal strike will be an issue.

I saw on another thread that some folks were looking at the Burgtec Offset Bushings, so I am keen to hear if anybody has actually used them.

Also - and this is a harder question - I do not have bike checker or similar, does anyone actually know what the BB height in standard setting (without offset bushings) would be for 160mm and 170mm forks using the 6.5" shock hole?
  • 02-24-2013
    monty797
    I have a set on order for the offset bushings, running a Float 180 so I'll be able to give you a good idea on impressions once I get them installed. My 2011 is set up as a AM killer. Pretty much use it for park days, trail riding, do a little bit of everything. When I want full on DH I take the Jedi I recently got as a birthday present (awesome wife!).

With your set up I would give it a rough guess of around 13" BB height. I don't have the bike near me to check but if I remember correctly with a similar set up (Float 180 - 2.75 shock). If I remember correctly my bb height is 13.2 but I honestly don't worry too much about it in my neck of the woods, as pedal strikes just aren't really an issues in Norcal.
  • 02-24-2013
    gavind
    Thanks Monty - looking forward to hearing how you go. and yes - that is an awesome wife!
  • 02-25-2013
    drLEE
    That means you'd use the offset bushings to basically increase the (effective) shock i2i length right? Whereas most people are running these to shorten effective i2i / lower BB / slacken HA.

If so, I'm wondering whether the bushings would stay in that lengthening position, or rotate over time to the shortening position.

Why not just order an 8.75x2.75 Vipr?
  • 02-25-2013
    aenema
    Or an 8.75x2.5 vipr to keep the higher bb but still drop the travel to the 6.5 or 7.5 options.
  • 02-26-2013
    gavind
    Quote:

Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    Or an 8.75x2.5 vipr to keep the higher bb but still drop the travel to the 6.5 or 7.5 options.

And after discovering I could do that - it is what I am doing - Hoorah!
  • 02-27-2013
    cosmoworks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drLEE View Post
    If so, I'm wondering whether the bushings would stay in that lengthening position, or rotate over time to the shortening position.

My buddy does that (running two offsets to lengthen the shock), and has had no issues with many days of aggressive park riding.
  • 02-27-2013
    bigcrs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by drLEE View Post

Been running one set for the last 4 weeks or so. No rotation or notable change yet. For $20 it's been the best and cheapest performance mod I've done to my 2011 The One.

As it is now, with a 8.75 Elka in 7" mode and one offset bushing the BB height is a shade 13.8". The bushing raised the BB by .5" and I'm guessing the HA is ~65d.