mtbr member
    Jan 2011

"The One" with 175mm Cranks.....will they work?!

I,ve read a few posts that 175 cranks are not recommended for this bike because of the frames low bottom bracket, is this true, what is the suggested size. Tx!
    -Tom

mtbr member
    Most people run 165mm but 170mm would be max. I currently run 170mm on mine and fair well with pedal strikes. 175 will work but you will need to be more aware of your pedal location while riding in technical areas
    The Official Mid-west Canfield Brothers #1 Fan and Demo fleet !!http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y79...ps00f08dc1.jpg

Inrideo est vita
    I have ridden with 175mm cranks and cringed all the way through the ride, because I was hitting (or anticipating hitting) the cranks on nearly every stroke (lots of roots and rocks in the PNW). Switched to 170's and it is very nice, but you have to watch the terrain and ratchet over stuff. When funds allow, I will go to 165mm.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    I think 170's might be ideal but i ran 175mm stylo's on my 2011 The ONE and currently have the same 175's on my 2012 (that you rode) which is noticeable different and much more comfortable - you just have to learn how to pedal differently which i have and really don't have any issues so i would say it's up to the rider.

mtbr member
    I run 175s on mine. It's my only real gripe about the One is if you are going to be doing any pedaling 175mm cranks are borderline too short for someone tall enough to be riding the XL frame. For a downhill bike, yeah, fine. For AM 165 or 170 is just not long enough.

Biggest thing that helped my was a higher engagement hub, so I could ratchet better over stuff that I would strike on. That and a longer fork and bigger tires to lift everything up.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I run mine with 175s here in the Portland area and am able to get by. It does take good timing to get through the rocky sections, but I manage. If you are buying cranks for this bike I would go shorter. If you have nice cranks already you will manage like I do.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    2011 one owner here, 175 mm slx cranks and no complaints. 180mm fork, ec headset, 2.4 tires, 8" travel setting and bb height isn't noticeably lower than it was on my enduro (still low, and I do have to ratchet sometimes but it's worth it to me)
    9 out of 10 doctors surveyed said, "Who is this, and why are you calling so late!?"