mtbr member
    Sep 2007

noobie question on Yelli fork travel

What are the noticable differences in the ride characteristics between a 120mm and a 140mm fork on the Yelli? Also,I assume the 140mm will make the bike a little slacker.Does this refer to a more up-right seating position?Like I said I'm a noobie. Btw has anyone pre-ordered their 13' frame set yet? Do they have a history of pre-selling out before they arrive?Wanted to wait a little bit but don't want to miss the boat either.

mtbr member
    I had my Fox Talas 120's converted to Floats w/130mm travel. Seems great for this bike and about as high as I would want to go. On steep climbs you need to keep weight forward but is worth it for the down. I personally think 140 is really pushing the limit but some guys here like it (may have something to do with frame size though).
    Last edited by hrdude; 11-25-2012 at 10:20 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I'll be ordering my Yelli in a Large.Would the 140mm track good on the uphills? A 130mm might be a good compromise.Does anyone make one or do you need to have one modified?Still looking for thoughts on the 120/140 fork sizing.

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    FWIW I have a Talas and the 95mm setting is way better than the 120 for sustained steep uphills on my large Yelli

mtbr member
    I rock an XL Yelli with the White Brother's Loop at 140mm and its amazing on the downs and hauling ass.

Climbing is not really that much harder than my full rigid XC bike. But the YS is not as forgiving if my climbing form is poor, just remember to slide your ass to the tip of your saddle and keep your chin over the stem.

The White Jeff W
    Ive run my Marz 44 at 140mm and 120mm. 120mm sharpened up the handling a touch but mostly I dont notice any difference. I dont really hit anything big enough to justify 140mm so I left it at 120mm. It climbed just fine at 140mm.
    No moss...