mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Nimble versus Yelli

Does anyone have any experience riding both the Nimble 9 and the Yelli Screamy? Do you really feel that much difference in trail chatter with the steel frame? My spine is not as tough as it used to be after several injuries over the years Or is the extra stiffness of the Yelli just that much better for tracking where you want the bike to go? Obviously the Nimble can be run single speed, but that's a much lower priority for me.

Chris and Lance - we need to hook you up with a good carbon supplier cause I think your 29er bikes could kill it in that fast growing category.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I have one of each and think the Nimble frame is just as stiff as the Yelli. It is the stiffest steel frame I have been on. As a SS, there is no BB movement on the Nimble when I mash and there are miles of tire clearance on both frames. If you are concerned about your back, you may want to look elsewhere, these frames are all business.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I forgot to add that these frames flat out rip. I don't mean that in a generic 29er, rails, rolls, blah, blah, blah kind of way. They both climb incredibly well and are scary fast and stable going down while being very flickable. If you built either one up light, they would be great for races. Plus, they are different. I haven't seen any others where I ride and it helps support the little guy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    I don't know how the bike rides yet, but the customer service rocks!
    Sean replied to my first email in 15 minutes. I thought I needed a medium YS, but after some discussion we decided a small might work better for my type of riding (plus they had 2 small blacks left and I didn't want to wait for the next batch).
    Had some questions about compatible components which he answered quickly. Then I sent him my build list and he made a few more suggestions.
    I'm just waiting on the headset bottom, bars, and brakes to build this baby.

Heck, the LBS doesn't provide service like this.
    2011 Canfield Yelli Screamy
    2012 Canfield DJ

www.pumptrackaddict.com

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    I have a Nimble and LOVE it.

The BB area on Nimbles DOES flex a little. With my SLX cranks and 33T Rennen chainring I only have 1mm of clearance between the teeth and frame. When standing up mashing down hard on the left pedal with all my weight (150 lbs),sometimes the teeth and frame would rub each other. Never did it sitting.

Havent ridden a Yelli yet!