Thread: Nimble 9 sizing

mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Nimble 9 sizing

I'm 5'11and 1/2 with a 32 1/4 innch inseam. I seem to be in that in-between area on a lot of bikes when it comes to sizing. Should I go with a medium or large?

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by natepac View Post
    I'm 5'11and 1/2 with a 32 1/4 innch inseam. I seem to be in that in-between area on a lot of bikes when it comes to sizing. Should I go with a medium or large?
    I'd email sales at canfieldbrothers.com and ask the experts! My Yelli feels best with a shorter stem than I'd normally put on an xc bike (50mm). They have slightly longer TT's, so look into the geo a bit too. You could go med with a longer stem, or large with a short one.

29er
    Apr 2010
    what is the ETT of your current bike?

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    TT on med nimble 23.5 and large 24.2

this week I was fortunate to demo a moots mooto x with TT of 23 and Seven Sola with TT of 24. Other than size the specs were pretty similar except for 80mm fork on moots and 100mm on Seven. When riding the smaller moots I felt that the bike Could possibly be just a tad too small but not sure. the Moots had a chain stay of 17.5 and I tried to imagine a shorter CS on it like the nimble 9. I felt that if CS was any shorter I would be riding on a unicycle.

When riding on the larger Seven, the bike definitely felt bigger and more 4x4ish like riding on the bike and not in it. i did feel a bit more confident on downhills and technical stuff. BUT had a harder time getting the front wheel up in the air on step-ups and manuals.

My thinking was that if I go with the large nimble with TT of 24.2. The shorter CS and geo would help me get the front wheel up in the air better than the seven. Or is the 24.2 TT too much to over come and I should go with the medium with 23.5 TT.

I plan on running 100mm fok on nimble.
    Any of this make sense? Any input would be appreciated.

29er
    Apr 2010
    What is the ett of the bike you ride now

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    I believe it was 23.5 on a 2007 Santa Cruz blur which was sold many months ago. I got an email back from the Canfield guys and they recommend a size large.

29er
    Apr 2010
    I'd go with what they recommend, run a short stem

Basura Blanca
    Jan 2004
    I'm 6 ft even w/ a 33 in inseam, running my large N9 w/ a layback post and a 50mm stem. It's perfect! My $0.02 is you want a large.
    We rejoice in our suffering, knowing that suffering produces endurance, and endurance produces character.

mtbr member
    Did they happen to say when they'll have more frames in stock? Medium?

Schmed
    2001 Turner O2 XC
    2012 IndyFab Planet Cross CX
    2013 Kona Raijin SS

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by schmed View Post
    Did they happen to say when they'll have more frames in stock? Medium?
    Never hurts to call or email them. sales at canfieldbrothers.com

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    They have a medium demo for sale