Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010

New Canfield Riot! Paid Friday, Ships Monday!

New Canfield Riot! Paid Friday, Ships Monday!-img_0480.jpgSo I sold my beloved 2011 Turner 5-Spot last week. That photo is Tahoe 2 weeks ago, last time ever there on old bike, sad imogee. Trying to get to the "T" section of MTBR bike manufacturer forums, for Turner, was such a hassle! I decided to move up the alphabet, and was going to the "A" section but Airborne is lame, and BMC bikes are only made of plastic, and Canfield gets me pretty close to the top of the alphabet, so I pulled the trigger on a metal bike! This should save me hours of scrolling down to "T". I cant wait! DVO Topaz, DVO Diamond fork, DT Swiss 350 hubs/Derby hoops, need to order everything else. Looking forward to fresh ideas on the Canfield forum! The DVO stuff is a huge change of direction for me, as are the carbon Derby's.
    Last edited by hoolie; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:53 PM.

mtbr member
    Welcome to the brotherhood hoolie.

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    that good news I order yesterday too!!
    only canfield for sure!

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    Darksoul, lets have friendly wager to see who can get bike rolling 1st! Mine supposedly ships Monday Oct 2nd. DVO will ship shock same day? Jenson is sending fork. I will not order drivetrain, stem, bars, until I take some measurements with wheels on it. I already have wheels. But I dont think I have a headset, and that could blow my whole deal! Damn, me, make headset decision already! It may be 2 weeks out for me, Downieville next weekend on my hardtail SS is going to be suicidal (did this a few years ago on SS, 2 days riding and tons of asprin).

mtbr member
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by hoolie View Post
    Darksoul, lets have friendly wager to see who can get bike rolling 1st! Mine supposedly ships Monday Oct 2nd. DVO will ship shock same day? Jenson is sending fork. I will not order drivetrain, stem, bars, until I take some measurements with wheels on it. I already have wheels. But I dont think I have a headset, and that could blow my whole deal! Damn, me, make headset decision already! It may be 2 weeks out for me, Downieville next weekend on my hardtail SS is going to be suicidal (did this a few years ago on SS, 2 days riding and tons of asprin).
    Mine will go in New York first and then to me in Greece!
    the order done finito!
    my yelli donor waiting for give birth

mtbr member
    Congratulations on your new life of ease and luxury
    Where are y'all getting shipping info?

I'm with stupid
    Be careful! I started with 1 and have owned 4 canfields have 2 currently........ All other bikes ride lame and feel funny from this point out. Best worse problem to have is I cannot find ANYTHING I have ridden lately that I like better then what I have.

mtbr member
    I started with a epo then riot then added a balance next on the list is a chrome nimble9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oaktown Honkey on Strava
    Sep 2010
    Cool feedback guys. I am opposite until I ride it, but super stoked to give it a try! Loved a few bikes I have tested (Evil, Pivot Firebird, Transition Patrol, Ibis, Slayer), but the $5500-$$6000 buy in on bikes now is sky high. I had looked at Riot 2 months ago, but when the floor fell out on Canfields with non boost 142 rear, metal vs. carbon, and heavy-ish, I had to pull the trigger at $999 this week. I hope Canfield Brothers gets a Carbon frame dialed, for their tribe, and I am stoked to hear that everyone loves their bikes. Frame, Fork, should arrive today/tomorrow. I will order parts on Saturday. I am fired up!