Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedal/Paddle View Post
    I just want to ride the freakin thing, not stare at it. Sheesh.
    Good for you. I'll keep riding my diSSent until there's a SS dropout available, then I'll think about getting a new frame.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    Typo son. And if you knew anything about Ferraris you would know that they typically sell for more than MSRP off the showroom floor.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    How's the Ferrari shopping going? I guess if you had 250 or so of that cute little Kona of yours you could sell them and buy that white one.

mtbr member
    Every color option shown but the matte black...

I'd love to see a picture (I know matte black isnt hard to imagine) still would like a picture as it would be the color I'd go with. I'm sure you guys are slammed with preorders but I'd sure appreciate it

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Again, for $750, I shouldn't have to hack anything with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file to make it fit my application. I ride SS. I want SS dropouts. Yeah, derailleur dropouts will work. But that's not what I want and for the price, I should be able to get what I want. When Canfield comes out with SS dropouts, I'll strongly consider the frame. I'm sure Canfield doesn't care about me and my wants and could care even less if I buy one of their frames. There's probably plenty of people waiting in line for one already. I'm nobody special, but it's my money so if I don't get what I want in a product I'm not spending my cash.
    You sound like a window shopper with no monies.
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-crying-baby.jpg

mtbr member
    You'd be wrong about that kid.

local trails rider
    Hey!
    I'm the window shopper with no monies

If I had the cash to spare, I'd probably get one and run it SS.

Now I'm just waiting to see other people's builds.
    Is anyone planning to try it rigid?

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Kaishingo
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    Hey!

I might eventually put a stiffee on mine. However, after riding New England trails for the past year on a double-steel-stiffee, my hands and shoulders have sent complaints to the brain-dept and I'm going with a front squish. Reba 100mm with a lock-out is the plan.
    kaishingoapparel.com
    Eco-Friendly Cycling Jerseys

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
    Every color option shown but the matte black...

I'd love to see a picture (I know matte black isnt hard to imagine) still would like a picture as it would be the color I'd go with. I'm sure you guys are slammed with preorders but I'd sure appreciate it
    The frames are still in customs. As soon as they arrive I will shoot all the colors and post them up for you as promised!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    How much longer do you think they will be in customs? Patiently awaiting my frame as well

Canfield Brothers
    With all the replies over the last few days in regards to SS dropouts, I figured I'd chime in on the topic. When we went into production on the new N9, we spoke about all the different dropout options we could build for this bike. The issue really is, as we designed a fully custom dropout system for this bike, the dropouts are REALLY expensive. We looked at what we invested in SS dropouts for the original N9, compared to the few that we sold and unfortunately we could not justify doing additional dropout options at this point. We are a small rider owned company that can not just absorb the cost of things like this and write them off. We are four people that live, breath, sweat and eat to give our customers the best products we possibly can.

As far as the comment from Nubster - I'm sure Canfield doesn't care about me and my wants and could care even less if I buy one of their frames. I start and end everyday reading every post on this forum, to make sure we are always in the loop with our customer base and address any issues when needed. We care a great deal about our current and potential customers and I would hope our reputation shows that. The end of the day we know not every one of our products can meet the needs of 100% of our customers and Im sorry if your feel that were excluded on the new Nimble 9.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    How bout everyone that pre-ordered a frame gets one of those sharp seat post clamps included. Damn customs! there're no drugs or fire arms in the containers, just frames.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    The frames are still in customs. As soon as they arrive I will shoot all the colors and post them up for you as promised!
    I missed the previous post were you said they were at customs. I went ahead and preordered a matte black. Cant wait to get some rides in.

Now I just have to scrounge for a tapered carbon fork.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    Hey!

I'll be running it rigid SS. I currently have a Salsa Cromoto Grande Maxle that I hope to be upgrading next month to a tapered carbon 15TA.

ast
    mtbr member

Almost done!

It's nearly there!
    New wheels, new fork, mostly new 1 x 10 drivetrain, new bar & stem.
    Old brakes, dropper post and saddle.
    I can't wait...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-img_2226.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-img_2228.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-img_2234.jpg  

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Folks regarding SS dropouts, I'm running a Yelli Screamy SS using a Surly Singulator (sprung tensioner that sits in the derailleur hanger). It works fine and I even think a little variable spring tension in the cadence cycle is no bad thing.

I wouldn't let drop out availability stop me buying an N9 for SS. (Shipping and taxes to the UK would stop me but that's a different issue).

(I write this as someone who's had 3 bikes with EBBs. I resisted the idea of a hanging tensioner, but really when you're riding it's no biggie at all).

Kaishingo
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto View Post
    Folks regarding SS dropouts, I'm running a Yelli Screamy SS using a Surly Singulator (sprung tensioner that sits in the derailleur hanger). It works fine and I even think a little variable spring tension in the cadence cycle is no bad thing.

I wouldn't let drop out availability stop me buying an N9 for SS. (Shipping and taxes to the UK would stop me but that's a different issue).

(I write this as someone who's had 3 bikes with EBBs. I resisted the idea of a hanging tensioner, but really when you're riding it's no biggie at all).
    The N9 has sliding dropouts - which in my mind equals 1 of 2 things:

1. The ability to alter wheelbase for geared riders OR
    2. The ability to run SS without tensioners, etc.

The second makes me call it a fully functional single speed frame, which is exactly what I need. There was just one guy who was bent out of shape that the sliding dropouts are designed with a derailleur hanger. And I guess because it has a derailleur hanger, it doesn't fully qualify as a single speed frame. This little piece of additional threaded metal is apparently against UCI Single-Speed category rules and is cause for an ass-kicking at hipster fixie parties.
    kaishingoapparel.com

Kaishingo
    Quote Originally Posted by ast View Post
    It's nearly there!
    I can't wait...
    Not cool at all.

You do realize that all of our frames are stuck in customs, right?

Mods: please pull down these photos and ban posts from this guy for at least another week.
    kaishingoapparel.com

squish, squish in da fish
    looking sweet so far. thats a sexy girl for sure. i love the zee drivetrain, functional, durable, & best yet, affordable. i agree with wuzilla, i hate you now at the moment.

hispanic mechanic
    Nothing. But it's what I want. The frame is so heavy, the grams saved don't matter. The looks don't matter that much. It's just that for the money, I think that the option should be available. Sure, it's nitpicking on my part, but it's my money and for me, $750 is a lot of money.
    I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't let it get in the way of the great ride quality and geometry. I've been riding my one-speed N9, with the derailleur hanger-equipped slider, for almost 2 years. hasn't bothered me one bit. $750 is a lot of money, but for a small bike company with innovative geometry and some unusual features, I think it's worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckml97 View Post
    I am kind of disappointed also. The last gen had both gear and ss drop out. Why new nimble 9 cost $100 more and does not come with ss drop out. Not even available to buy seperate!
    The new frame costs more due to a few things: hydroforming tubes costs more than using off-the-shelf round tubes, speccing custom sliders instead of off-the-shelf Paragon copies costs a lot more, and finally, production costs tend to increase over time.

I'm not telling anyone to buy something they don't want. If you are set on not buying this frame 'cause it's not 100% what you want, I can respect that. It's just that, in my opinion, these guys produce such a great riding frame that you might want to be a bit more flexible.

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't let it get in the way of the great ride quality and geometry. I've been riding my one-speed N9, with the derailleur hanger-equipped slider, for almost 2 years. hasn't bothered me one bit. $750 is a lot of money, but for a small bike company with innovative geometry and some unusual features, I think it's worth it.

The new frame costs more due to a few things: hydroforming tubes costs more than using off-the-shelf round tubes, speccing custom sliders instead of off-the-shelf Paragon copies costs a lot more, and finally, production costs tend to increase over time.
    If I got the frame I'm sure it wouldn't really bother me either. Like I said, it's just me being nitpicky over an aesthetics issue. But for a frame that will cost me over $800 I think I have the right to be a little critical. If I could sell my John Henry, I'd probably get the frame despite my issues with it. For now I have to decide whether to spend $569 on a new replacement diSSent frame or pony up the $805 for the N9.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster
    There's probably plenty of people waiting in line for one already. I'm nobody special, but it's my money so if I don't get what I want in a product I'm not spending my cash.
    If I could sell my John Henry, I'd probably get the frame despite my issues with it. For now I have to decide whether to spend $569 on a new replacement diSSent frame or pony up the $805 for the N9.
    Change of heart so soon? Hilarious.

mtbr member
    Yeah, call me a ranting indecisive dumbass. Even though it bugs me to no end there's not a SS dropout option, the frame is just to damn sexy to not want.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ast View Post
    it's nearly there!
    I can't wait...
    pretty

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    I hate the look of tensioners and the EBBs that i can get for the Yelli were waaayyy too much money. Solution - Voila!

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto View Post

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast