Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
    ast
    mtbr member
    LOL it was supposed to be slow build as funds allowed but... I think my bank balance is gonna take a huge hit very soon...

Actually I think a whole lot of parts are going to be stripped off my current bike. Today.

squish, squish in da fish
    thats the spirit! eat popcorn and beer and before you know it your bank acct will be back on par

Canfield Brothers

I have seomthng special for you guys today!!!

From our LUCKY customer, MTBR member - AST, in New Zealand. Our first customer to receive one of the LE Chrome Nimble 9's!
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield-brothers-chrome-nimble-9.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield-brothers-chrome-nimble-9-2.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield-brothers-chrome-nimble-9-4.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield-brothers-chrome-nimble-9-7.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield-brothers-chrome-nimble-9-3.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield-brothers-chrome-nimble-9-6.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield-brothers-chrome-nimble-9-5.jpg

Lol, ur a tease. I want it now! I'm getting no sleep damnit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Out of box, does the nimble 9 come with both gear and SS dropouts?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckml97 View Post
    Out of box, does the nimble 9 come with both gear and SS dropouts?
    The email response I received is that there is not a single speed specific drop-out at this time. However it wasn't stated that there won't be one at some point in the future. I'm considering hacking mine with a dremel.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thanks for the reply Please post a pic once chop off the hanger.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Have they arrived yet? Still shipping next week?

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    What is the max tooth count for a chainring in the middle position on this frame? Is it the same as the Yelli, 32t? I am thinking about getting an XX1 crank down the line for easy chainring swapping. The idea of picking between 28, 32 and 36 depending terrain seems like a great options. If it is limited I will stick with my SLX.

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron1017 View Post
    Have they arrived yet? Still shipping next week?
    Frames are sitting in Customs. I'll post up as soon as they are in our warehouse and ready to go!

mtbr member
    No SS dropout will keep me from buying one of these awesome looking frames. The porky 6.5 pounds doesn't help either, but I can deal with that. No SS however is unforgivable. Maybe once that gets sorted out I'll give this thing another look.

mtbr member
    You know these frames have sliders to run SS, out of the box, right?

mtbr member
    Sliders yes, but no SS drop outs. I realize I can use a derailleur drop out but if I'm paying $750+ for a frame, I expect not to have to compromise.

local trails rider
    Picky...
    ... take the extra section of the dropout off with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Compromise what? Trying to understand your thought process.

You want horizontal dropouts to run a tugnut?
    Or
    You want the same dropouts as this frame comes with just w/out the hanger?

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah isn't a SS dropout the same as what comes with the frame minus the hangar? What does a SS specific dropout get you asides from aesthetics and weight "savings"?

Kaishingo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    No SS dropout will keep me from buying one of these awesome looking frames. The porky 6.5 pounds doesn't help either, but I can deal with that. No SS however is unforgivable. Maybe once that gets sorted out I'll give this thing another look.
    To each their own. Lots of frames out there without that little piece of extra metal. Some even come in **** brown like the Honza! I fell in love and dropped the cash because of the lines. What can I say - I'm a sucker for pretty things. Plus, I like the option of a quickie swap to a 5 spd for those longer epics.
    kaishingoapparel.com
    Eco-Friendly Cycling Jerseys

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    Picky...
    ... take the extra section of the dropout off with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file.
    Again, for $750, I shouldn't have to hack anything with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file to make it fit my application. I ride SS. I want SS dropouts. Yeah, derailleur dropouts will work. But that's not what I want and for the price, I should be able to get what I want. When Canfield comes out with SS dropouts, I'll strongly consider the frame. I'm sure Canfield doesn't care about me and my wants and could care even less if I buy one of their frames. There's probably plenty of people waiting in line for one already. I'm nobody special, but it's my money so if I don't get what I want in a product I'm not spending my cash.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Yeah isn't a SS dropout the same as what comes with the frame minus the hangar? What does a SS specific dropout get you asides from aesthetics and weight "savings"?
    Nothing. But it's what I want. The frame is so heavy, the grams saved don't matter. The looks don't matter that much. It's just that for the money, I think that the option should be available. Sure, it's nitpicking on my part, but it's my money and for me, $750 is a lot of money.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I am kind of disappointed also. The last gen had both gear and ss drop out. Why new nimble 9 cost $100 more and does not come with ss drop out. Not even available to buy seperate!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    Again, for $750, I shouldn't have to hack anything with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file to make it fit my application.
    The Ferrari 459 isn't really meant for hauling around mountain bikes, should I head over to FerrariChat.com and complain? I guess I *could* take a welder to it. For $342,702.00 it ought to work for me!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    The Ferrari 459 isn't really meant for hauling around mountain bikes, should I head over to FerrariChat.com and complain? I guess I *could* take a welder to it. For $342,702.00 it ought to work for me!
    You should head over to FerrariChat and spend a little more in the Noob section. There is no 459 Ferrari, more like 458, and your sticker price is about 30% inflated as well.

But nice try.

^^^lol

Feel Good About Hood
    Honestly I am *little* disappointed that there is not a SS slider, but not enough to make me upset or regret buying one. Maybe they'll be available later, maybe I'll buy a spare one and hack off the hanger. I just want to ride the freakin thing, not stare at it. Sheesh.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    You should head over to FerrariChat and spend a little more in the Noob section. There is no 459 Ferrari, more like 458, and your sticker price is about 30% inflated as well.

But nice try.
    Typo son. And if you knew anything about Ferraris you would know that they typically sell for more than MSRP off the showroom floor.

2013 Ferrari 458 Italia for Sale - 1803954 - duPontREGISTRY.com

Ferrari 458 Italia For Sale - duPont REGISTRY

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast