Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by slapmackie View Post
    Yo KillingtonVT, I just purchased the green N9 and also a set of your 29 wheels. Did I read the description correct, 120 POE!? Have you guys had much time on them, do they hold up fairly well? I was going to build up some Hadleys I had laying around but saw this wheelset and had to jump on them considering the price. Also the rims, have you tried setting them up tubeless, if so, how'd that work? Be slapping on some Ardent EXO's. Cheers....SLAP
    First off... CONGRATS on your new bike! The N9 Green is my fav color this year... Looks like a 70's muscle car! We have only tested the new rims tubeless via ghetto tubeless. Chris and Lance both ran this rim all last year without issues that way. We are all blown away how strong these are for the weight. The new 29er rear hub is beautiful and have had great success with it. It's definitely an amazing value!

Be sure to send us build pics!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I have a 2011 Nimble 9 frame that I'm building up.

Having issues with the cranks. It's an older truvativ styo crankset with a GXP bottom bracket and there is almost no clearance between the crank arms and the chain stay. I'm talking maybe a few mm. Even using some bb spacers, the arms are incredibly close.

Have other people dealt with this? What was your solution?

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Only option is to sell the frame to mtbr member for peanuts.

cough*

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SanguineSpring View Post
    I have a 2011 Nimble 9 frame that I'm building up.

Having issues with the cranks. It's an older truvativ styo crankset with a GXP bottom bracket and there is almost no clearance between the crank arms and the chain stay. I'm talking maybe a few mm. Even using some bb spacers, the arms are incredibly close.

Have other people dealt with this? What was your solution?
    The cranks you are using, were they purchased new or were they an OEM set off of a pre built bike. The reason why I'm asking as some larger manufactures have cranks produced specifically to fit the frames they are spec'ing them on. While this works PERFECTLY with the bikes they are selling, it can cause issues when mounting these cranks to a new frame.

mtbr member
    Did my first ride of the season this past sunday. Having fun on my N9:

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    My Nimble9 SS on her maiden voyage.

Frame:Medium Nimble 9
    Fork:Manitou Tower Pro 120mm tapered 15QR
    Headset: CaneCreek 40
    Stem: Renthal Duo 40mm
    Bar: Race Face Atlas 1/2in rise, 785mm Raw
    Brakes:XT m785 w/Icetech XT rotors 180/160
    Crankset: X9 with Wolftooth DM ring 32t
    Cassette: Surly Cog and spacers
    Wheelset: Sun Ringle Charger Pro
    Tires: Geax Gato 2.3 F/ Saguaro 2.2 R
    Saddle: WTB Pure V Pro
    Clamp: Loaded Precision AmXC
    Grips: Odi Rogue
    Pedals: Spank Spike
    Last edited by swildnm; 06-04-2014 at 07:14 AM.
    "You can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning." ShakyPuddin

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    ^^ approve

locations on pics would be great too, where is it? SW USA?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by swildnm View Post
    My Nimble9 SS on her maiden voyage.

Crankset: X9 with Wolftooth DM ring 32t
    Cassette: Surly Cog and spacers

What size cog if you don't mind.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    That is the Corrales Bosque trail taken about 7 miles north of Albuquerque, NM on the banks of the Rio Grande. I rode with 32x19 but this trail is dead flat, and wished I had something smaller, picking up a 17t tomorrow. Here's a wider shot with the Sandia Mountains in the background.

mtbr member

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9

Is there any value in running the Nimble with a 100mm fork or would I be missing the point? I'd be moving parts from my Niner EMD.

mtbr member
    32x19 is what I am running as well on my N9 just outside of Gallup, NM. Thinking of going with a 33t front chainring so I can slam the sliders all the way forward but the way it sits right now is pretty spot on for the trails around here.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpus View Post
    Is there any value in running the Nimble with a 100mm fork or would I be missing the point? I'd be moving parts from my Niner EMD.
    Canfield's geo specs are based on a 100mm fork and the recommend fork for the frame is 100mm - 140mm. I don't think you'll miss out on much if anything by running 100mm fork.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Stopbreakindown View Post
    32x19 is what I am running as well on my N9 just outside of Gallup, NM. Thinking of going with a 33t front chainring so I can slam the sliders all the way forward but the way it sits right now is pretty spot on for the trails around here.
    Nice. I've only ridden in Gallup once but the High Desert trail system is great. I figure I'll pick up a 17t for the flat stuff I ride with my wife, and Ive got 22t and 19t already. Its good to have choices.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Thx, I like seeing the desert pics, a bit different to what we have here in the UK.

I rode Moab once, it's the most amazing environment.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012

Re: The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9

Quote Originally Posted by trumpus View Post
    What's great about this bike and the yelli screamy is the versatility. I don't think you would be missing the point at all

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I meant to add that I ride my N9 with a Whiskey No. 9 carbon fork that is corrected to 100mm and I am completely happy with it.

That's REEAAALLLL Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    I meant to add that I ride my N9 with a Whiskey No. 9 carbon fork that is corrected to 100mm and I am completely happy with it.
    Nubster
    Would love to see a picture of your N9 / Whiskey fork, sir! If you have already posted it up, can you direct me to it? I'm thinking of building a similar beast, perhaps with a Carver 490 TA Trail fork. Thank you!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Anyone know the weight of a Medium frame?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSteel View Post
    Nubster
    Would love to see a picture of your N9 / Whiskey fork, sir! If you have already posted it up, can you direct me to it? I'm thinking of building a similar beast, perhaps with a Carver 490 TA Trail fork. Thank you!
    Here is a nimble 9 with a whiskey fork. (Not mine). Whisky No. 9 15mm TA opinions

mtbr member
    Here is a better picture I have of it:
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-imag0165.jpg

mtbr member

Looks great!

mtbr member
    Rigid but with a dropper post. I dig it
    2013 Kona Process

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by formu1fan View Post
    Rigid but with a dropper post. I dig it
    Yeah, I love it. Ride everything I do on my rigid as I do on my FS bike, of course at a much different speed

6x7=Dont Panic!
    A year of piecing this monster together. Waiting on a different stem and some colored spacers and its donezos! I also have a set of XT trail pedals that I swap out. This bike is fantastic!

Sorry for the sideways pictures. They aren't sideways on my computer so I don't known how to make them look pretty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-photo-1.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-photo-2.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-photo-3.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-photo-4.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-photo-5.jpg  

Herro prease

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra View Post
    A year of piecing this monster together. Waiting on a different stem and some colored spacers and its donezos! I also have a set of XT trail pedals that I swap out. This bike is fantastic!

Sorry for the sideways pictures. They aren't sideways on my computer so I don't known how to make them look pretty.
    Sick!!!

mtbr member
    That is a seriously sick ride. That color almost makes me wish I had one instead of my yelli. Then I ride my yelli and forget all about colors
    2013 Kona Process

Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Dec 2009
    Damn nice build! it's almost as good as mine except for all that cables you've got

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    orange headset, purple seat clamp and spokes, really? ;-)

mine tho is perhaps a bit plain, I prefer to think I'm letting the frame shine through
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-img_20140709_192704_nopm_.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield_logo.jpg  

mtbr member
    What is the fattest tire you can put out back?

mtbr member

Quote Originally Posted by TracksFromHell View Post
    What is the fattest tire you can put out back?
    I have a 2.4 in the back with a ton of room. Anything could fit back there imho

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkidd_39 View Post
    I have a 2.4 in the back with a ton of room. Anything could fit back there imho
    So, would a 2.5 fit there with 1/4 inch on each side?

What does the gap measure?

mtbr member

So, would a 2.5 fit there with 1/4 inch on each side?

What does the gap measure?
    There is prob a 1/2 on each side with a 2.4. I don't have the bike, it's sitting at the bike shop.

mtbr member

There is prob a 1/2 on each side with a 2.4. I don't have the bike, it's sitting at the bike shop.

Can I ask, what rim width and tire brand? Would a 2.5 Minion DHF fit on a wide (35mm) rim?

Does anyone know?

mtbr member

Can I ask, what rim width and tire brand? Would a 2.5 Minion DHF fit on a wide (35mm) rim?

Does anyone know?
    Charger pro wheels 27mm outer iirc. Tioga psycho genius venture.

mtbr member

Tioga psycho genius venture.
    Is that a tire?

mtbr member

Yeah. 2.4

mtbr member
    Yeah. 2.4

Sick looking tire. I thought the name was a joke. But wow, it looks awesome on their website.

squish, squish in da fish
    I have run a 2.5 dhf on a 45mm rim no probs with do's slammed forward

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    For folks using the loaded seat post clamps: which diameter are you using on your 2014s?

Canfield Brothers
    29.8 to 30mm clamps will all work fine.

Edit: just looked on the Loaded site, no clamps in that size. They only offer 2 sizes in the nicest looking on.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member

Just snapped some neat pics of the bike in the morning dew.

mtbr member
    I'm thinking about buying one of these, and was reading earlier in the thread about clearance issues with the brake mount. Has this been resolved? I see pictures with both chain stay and seat stay caliper positions. Is there a way to do either? Has clearance been improved for the chainstay mounted calipers?

I'd also like to know impressions of the ride quality and feel of the steel frame by anyone who has experience with steel bikes, especially high end tube sets. Does this frame have the resilience that good quality steel frames are known for? I'm a little concerned that Canfield gives no info on its tube set other than 4130, which could mean lots of things.

banned
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by smilinsteve View Post
    I'm thinking about buying one of these, and was reading earlier in the thread about clearance issues with the brake mount. Has this been resolved? I see pictures with both chain stay and seat stay caliper positions. Is there a way to do either? Has clearance been improved for the chainstay mounted calipers?

I'd also like to know impressions of the ride quality and feel of the steel frame by anyone who has experience with steel bikes, especially high end tube sets. Does this frame have the resilience that good quality steel frames are known for? I'm a little concerned that Canfield gives no info on its tube set other than 4130, which could mean lots of things.
    Dude, get a Jedi and come play at Trestle

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pau11y View Post
    Dude, get a Jedi and come play at Trestle
    It's going to be a long long time before Trestle is an option again.
    I've never even tried a downhill bike. I think the first step would be to rent one. It's a pretty expensive once in a while toy.

mtbr member
    That was an issue with the 2013s, which are now sold out. The chainstay mount didn't work with certain calipers, so the mounting location was switched to the seatstay (easy to do as the mount is located on the removable sliding dropout). Later examples included both the chainstay and seatstay dropouts. 2014s only have the seatstay mount. If you want the chainstay mount, I believe the dropouts are interchangeable year-to-year (apparently you can buy the 2014 dropouts for the 2013 frame), but you'll have to give up the 142x12 axle and go QR-only. You'd also have to find someone to trade with or call up Canfield to see if they still have any lying around since they don't sell them normally. And the issues with chainstay-mounted calipers were never fixed, so if you use one of the calipers that didn't work, you're out of luck.

Edit: they also changed the cable routing to work better with the seatstay mount, and it would be kind of awkward with a chainstay mount since the cable guides are located on the top tube and seatstay now, rather than the downtube and chainstay like the 2013.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coleam View Post
    That was an issue with the 2013s, which are now sold out. The chainstay mount didn't work with certain calipers, so the mounting location was switched to the seatstay (easy to do as the mount is located on the removable sliding dropout). Later examples included both the chainstay and seatstay dropouts. 2014s only have the seatstay mount. If you want the chainstay mount, I believe the dropouts are interchangeable year-to-year (apparently you can buy the 2014 dropouts for the 2013 frame), but you'll have to give up the 142x12 axle and go QR-only. You'd also have to find someone to trade with or call up Canfield to see if they still have any lying around since they don't sell them normally. And the issues with chainstay-mounted calipers were never fixed, so if you use one of the calipers that didn't work, you're out of luck.

Edit: they also changed the cable routing to work better with the seatstay mount, and it would be kind of awkward with a chainstay mount since the cable guides are located on the top tube and seatstay now, rather than the downtube and chainstay like the 2013.

Thanks for the info. I was confused because the website pictures of the Nimble 9 still show a close up shot of a chain stay brake position,

Nimble 9 mountain bike frame for downhill or cross-country riding

and the replacement dropouts in the store also look like they have the chain stay brake mount (is that right? Can't tell by looking at the picture).

Canfield Brothers Nimble 9 142x12mm Dropout Kit - Service Parts

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info. I was confused because the website pictures of the Nimble 9 still show a close up shot of a chain stay brake position,

Nimble 9 mountain bike frame for downhill or cross-country riding
    Yeah, they need to update the site with pics of the 2014s. Those are still the initial pictures from when they first got the 2013 frames.

and the replacement dropouts in the store also look like they have the chain stay brake mount (is that right? Can't tell by looking at the picture).

Canfield Brothers Nimble 9 142x12mm Dropout Kit - Service Parts
    Those are seatstay mounts. Compare the location of the mount relative to the bolt holes with the chainstay mount in the pics on the info page.

mtbr member
    I just built up a 2013 frame retro fitted with the 142x12 dropouts with seatstay mounts and no issues at all with brake / rotor mounting:
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-imag1458.jpg
    More details on the build over in the build thread:
    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!
    I can post close ups of brakes / dropout if that would help.

Since I just got it built up I haven't got too many hours on it yet, and not sure what you'd consider "high end tube sets", but I've ridden lots of steel hardtails and my initial impression is that it's not just the geo that makes this bike handle so well. The tube fabrication and details are not just visually appealing - they all seem to be very well thought out improvements on balancing rigidity and flex in all the right places.

Another issue I had heard about was heel strike on the chainstays, but this has not been an issue at all with my size 13 clown feet.

I was worried that I may be dissapointed when I actually got on the bike and rode, but so far I am VERY impressed.

mtbr member
    Made a few updates to mine. Picked up a Reverb, swapped the tires, ditched the ergo grips, and traded my Formulas for Deores. Not much left to complain about now

ast
    mtbr member
    That red is real nice!

ast
    mtbr member

Rebuilt.

Just finished rebuilding my nimble and took it for ride today.
    Still awesome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-image.jpg  

ast
    mtbr member

NZ Nimble 9

Great day riding a great bike.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-image.jpg  

yes that red is fine, it reminds me of a hooker, if chrome was not an option then red was my go to. ast, that bike is stunning and takes the n9 to the classy escort level. i too went with the trailmaster ltd and holy ****, it is very plush and been rocking it for 3 months.

ast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    yes that red is fine, it reminds me of a hooker, if chrome was not an option then red was my go to. ast, that bike is stunning and takes the n9 to the classy escort level. i too went with the trailmaster ltd and holy ****, it is very plush and been rocking it for 3 months.
    Thanks fishwrinkle. Yeah that trailmaster ltd is just AWESOME!
    Last edited by ast; 10-21-2014 at 12:13 AM. Reason: Wrong spelling

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Likin' the red.

lol @ "classy hooker level"

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    let's get a grip here, this is how a chrome N9 should look ..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-muddyn9.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto View Post
    let's get a grip here, this is how a chrome N9 should look ..
    Yeah, the rest of us have clean bikes because we don't ride them...or maybe it's because we would never rut out trails by riding in conditions that would leave our bikes looking like this.

Canfield Brothers
    Looks like your standard PNW trail ride to me.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by kdb71 View Post
    Yeah, the rest of us have clean bikes because we don't ride them...or maybe it's because we would never rut out trails by riding in conditions that would leave our bikes looking like this.
    Presumably you live in the desert. I live in England.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013

120mm to 140mm?

Duplicate post - moved to Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!
    Last edited by ghetto; 10-23-2014 at 12:22 AM. Reason: Duplicate post

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto View Post
    Presumably you live in the desert. I live in England.
    Nope, just the Midwest USA.
    My ex-wife is from Halifax so I have had a few wet rides in West Yorkshire, but never done any trail riding over there.
    I guess I am just ignorant of acceptable conditions in PNW and England. Around here trails close when wet to prevent erosion, but we have a lot of relatively dry weather. I guess if you waited for dry conditions in PNW or England you wouldn't get to ride too many days a year. Guess I should have realized this when I was in Oregon recently and shipped my bike out. I could have spent a few more days on the trails instead of waiting for them to dry like a Midwestern idiot!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Yeah if we waited for dust I'd ride 3 weeks a year (Surrey). There's no real culture in the UK of not riding wet trails, there is something of a movement to go through not around puddles to avoid trial widening.

Professional Crastinator
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-100_0068.jpg

OK, I gave this thing a pretty good workout today.

It's still pretty stiff. Root gardens get my eyeballs rattling.

It is very good on cornering stability and accuracy. I had no idea how much the other one flexed until I leaned hard on this one. I was in a spot where a steep hill about 30ft. long ended at the water where you made a 90 degree left turn. It's one of those things where once you start you can't go back. Front end control felt really good.
    I rode UP some stairs. Some frame flex there would have been welcome.
    I also did some small-ish drops - about as high as my wheel. In that case, the frame felt fine and not overly stiff.
    Tire pressure is as low as I can go and still keep the tires from rolling off.

The lower front end using the zero stack headset lower was probably to no advantage. While it is not too low, I think I actually notice that 1 degree of rake. Really. But it does corner well. I think I am probably better with slightly higher bars and a higher front - I can always get lower, but my arms won't get longer.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member

Edit. Figured it out.

What's the largest single chainring anyone's ran??

Last edited by jkidd_39; 11-10-2014 at 08:13 PM.

Hope 34 n/w just in case anyone else needed to know

mtbr member

I got a 104bcd 38t to fit. So we will see how it works out

what crank are you running & q factor? there's no way i could get that, i'm running an x9 with a nsb spider & Q 171.

mtbr member

171q x9 with a 38t 104bcd ring. The truck is to flip the ring and run smaller chainring collars to offset the chainline.

Duh, sometimes I space out and forget the obv, lol

mtbr member
    Duh, sometimes I space out and forget the obv, lol
    Took me an hour to figure it out. So I'm right there with ya. Haha

ast
    mtbr member

Just because...

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-image.jpg

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleas View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0068.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	938045

OK, I gave this thing a pretty good workout today.

It's still pretty stiff. Root gardens get my eyeballs rattling.

It is very good on cornering stability and accuracy. I had no idea how much the other one flexed until I leaned hard on this one. I was in a spot where a steep hill about 30ft. long ended at the water where you made a 90 degree left turn. It's one of those things where once you start you can't go back. Front end control felt really good.
    I rode UP some stairs. Some frame flex there would have been welcome.
    I also did some small-ish drops - about as high as my wheel. In that case, the frame felt fine and not overly stiff.
    Tire pressure is as low as I can go and still keep the tires from rolling off.

The lower front end using the zero stack headset lower was probably to no advantage. While it is not too low, I think I actually notice that 1 degree of rake. Really. But it does corner well. I think I am probably better with slightly higher bars and a higher front - I can always get lower, but my arms won't get longer.

-F
    It's still stiff. ...makes me think of suspension forks. I only need about 1/2" of travel, though.

-F

mtbr member
    Jul 2013

Crankset Question

Hi,
    Thinking about a new Nimble 9 frame, and want to use as much of my existing stuff as I can.

I have a newer XT triple (24-32-42) that I'd like to re-use. I'll ditch the big ring for a bash. Any fit concerns?

look up a post. looks like fleas is running something similar

mtbr member
    Can any owners advise me on sizing? I'm 184cm or 6ft1inch tall and thinking I'd need a large frame? Anyone?
    Trust the rubber

local trails rider
    It's still stiff. ...makes me think of suspension forks. I only need about 1/2" of travel, though.

-F
    Sounds like you need a fat front tyre, or at least semi-fat.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

Ewen it depends, I'm same height as you and I went with XL. I did this so I can run a short stem but if you want a longer stem than ~50mm then go with a large. Hope that helps

mtbr member
    Jun 2011

I have a question for you guys with the nimble 9 and 140mm forks. I am building an all mountain singlespeed and see that several people have used a rockshox sektor fork. Can anyone who has this in 140mm tell me if they are happy with the stiffness or would a Pike or trace be a better choice. Also how much does going from a 140mm fork to a 120mm change the way this bike handles? Thanks in advance.

Professional Crastinator

Name:	100_0068.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	150.6 KB 
ID:	938045

-F
    Quote Originally Posted by ewan_dawson@yahoo.co.uk View Post
    Can any owners advise me on sizing? I'm 184cm or 6ft1inch tall and thinking I'd need a large frame? Anyone?
    6'-3" on a large w/ 90mm stem + 710mm bars.

My saddle IS slid back on the rails, but my seatpost is not ridiculously high.

Also, since this pic was taken, I moved my feet forward in the pedals and moved the saddle forward the same amount (~3-4mm).
    I would not want the front any longer, even for the purpose of running a shorter stem. Also, I have never ridden larger than a 20" frame.
    Large is prob'ly your size.

-F

mtbr member

2015 Canfield Brothers Nimble 9

Our 2015's just hit!
    Fire
    Our NEW Sparkle Blue
    Gloss Black
    LE Chrome
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-canfield-brothers-2015-nimble-9-facebook.jpg
    Last edited by KillingtonVT; 12-19-2014 at 03:29 PM.

love the new blue & have you guys ever thought about a black chrome? that'd be the sh!t

mtbr member
    love the new blue & have you guys ever thought about a black chrome? that'd be the sh!t
    Fish - Thanks! I'm pretty stoked on the new Blue!

We have actually sampled a Black Chrome, however it wasn't as durable as our Chrome. It retained water spots and didn't look acceptable after a month of riding.

mtbr member
    Might have to part ways with my Orange N9.... and go for the Fire Red!!!
    Sick color choices .... Vin

that's a bummer on the blk chrome.

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    Chrome XL en route to me in Arizona.

mtbr member
    Gonna pick up a large fire red Monday!

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    All these new bikes, is it Christmas?

mtbr member

2015 Large Fire Red

Picked it up yesterday, stoke level is through the roof!

Sorry about the pic, even the smart phone couldn't hide my inability's.

Captain Climber
    Merry Christmas to me! I finished this this morning.. what an awesome bike!

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151259.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151222.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151214.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151203.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151140.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151134.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151128.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151120.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151111.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151101.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151038.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151031.jpg

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-20141225_151023.jpg

mtbr member
    Looking AWESOME!!! Love the old school colors going on. You are going to enjoy al the work you put into it!

that's a sharp bike. i tossed red or blue around and went red. kinda wish i did blue accents

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    > Merry Christmas to me! I finished this this morning.. what an awesome bike!

Good job. I'm jealous, which is stupid as I have one too!

Captain Climber
    Quote Originally Posted by rsullivan View Post
    Looking AWESOME!!! Love the old school colors going on. You are going to enjoy al the work you put into it!
    that's a sharp bike. i tossed red or blue around and went red. kinda wish i did blue accents
    Thanks guys! I forgot to mention that according to my bathroom scales this bike is 27lbs.

The Stan's logo has red in it.. I'd love to peel those off and get some blue ones.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem7sk View Post
    Merry Christmas to me! I finished this this morning.. what an awesome bike!

Name:	20141225_151259.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	177.1 KB 
ID:	950027

Name:	20141225_151222.jpg 
Views:	1067 
Size:	239.7 KB 
ID:	950028

Name:	20141225_151214.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	950029

Name:	20141225_151203.jpg 
Views:	1179 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	950030

Name:	20141225_151140.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	185.8 KB 
ID:	950031

Name:	20141225_151134.jpg 
Views:	1082 
Size:	173.0 KB 
ID:	950032

Name:	20141225_151128.jpg 
Views:	1109 
Size:	188.1 KB 
ID:	950033

Name:	20141225_151120.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	950034

Name:	20141225_151111.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	164.6 KB 
ID:	950035

Name:	20141225_151101.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	950036

Name:	20141225_151038.jpg 
Views:	1094 
Size:	172.8 KB 
ID:	950037

Name:	20141225_151031.jpg 
Views:	1112 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	950038

Name:	20141225_151023.jpg 
Views:	1138 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	950039
    Man these pics really show it off nicely. Good stuff.

Next up (because mountain biking is an addiction only cured by poverty) - dropper post!

P.S.- Nice job on building it up with the dropouts slammed forward. You, sir, are doing it right.

Captain Climber
    Quote Originally Posted by pointerDixie214 View Post
    Man these pics really show it off nicely. Good stuff.

Next up (because mountain biking is an addiction only cured by poverty) - dropper post!

P.S.- Nice job on building it up with the dropouts slammed forward. You, sir, are doing it right.
    Thx! Funny thing, I was going to put them all the way back and see how it rode that way, then set them halfway, then all the way forward like they are but all the pics I saw on line of everyone's bikes had them all set forward... Got to thinking, that is a major reason to have this bike so I just went with them forward.

Captain Climber
    What's funny is the Canfield decal has a bluish tint to it when light reflects off it... Kinda like a blueish rainbow.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Jem7sk View Post
    Thx! Funny thing, I was going to put them all the way back and see how it rode that way, then set them halfway, then all the way forward like they are but all the pics I saw on line of everyone's bikes had them all set forward... Got to thinking, that is a major reason to have this bike so I just went with them forward.
    yep. Plenty of 29ers with 17.5" chainstays out there. You have one of the only ones with 16.25. Use 'em! haha

only time i don't have em all the way forward is when she's setup ss, which actually is more often than not. i did throw the expanded cassette back on for the mud/snow and they are full tilt and love this bike with short stays. actually getting ready to build up a b+ wheelset for her, polished dually's on chrome frame. hopefully it turns out hot

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I found my N9 a tad too poppy for my taste with the sliders slammed forwards, I have them set about middle, which is about the same as a Yelli. I'll try it again slammed tho, maybe I just had a bad day that time.

Fully extended will be great for touring, long distance XC etc.

I like how sliders give this versatility compared to an EBB. But man they're heavy!

i hear what you're saying ghetto and you're correct, but they are different rinding styles depending on positions. when i took her bike packing the stays were maxed and i loved it, helped for those steep climbs with a heavy saddle pack. when they're slammed it allows me to ride a lot more with my hips n body utilizing the poppy-ness. that's why i still have much love for this bike and it's been 2 seasons. soon she's getting transformed to go hit some indoor action. i just ordered a hubset and 650 dually's last night. those sliders are chunky, but idk if they weigh more than an ebb

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 135