• 05-08-2013
    ast
    LOL it was supposed to be slow build as funds allowed but... I think my bank balance is gonna take a huge hit very soon...

Actually I think a whole lot of parts are going to be stripped off my current bike. Today.
  • 05-08-2013
    fishwrinkle
    thats the spirit! eat popcorn and beer and before you know it your bank acct will be back on par
  • 05-15-2013
    KillingtonVT
    7 Attachment(s)
    I have seomthng special for you guys today!!!
    From our LUCKY customer, MTBR member - AST, in New Zealand. Our first customer to receive one of the LE Chrome Nimble 9's!
    Attachment 799238

Attachment 799239

Attachment 799240

Attachment 799242

Attachment 799241

Attachment 799243

Attachment 799244
  • 05-15-2013
    fishwrinkle
    Lol, ur a tease. I want it now! I'm getting no sleep damnit.
  • 05-27-2013
    chuckml97
    Out of box, does the nimble 9 come with both gear and SS dropouts?
  • 05-28-2013
    dfiler
    Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckml97 View Post
    Out of box, does the nimble 9 come with both gear and SS dropouts?

The email response I received is that there is not a single speed specific drop-out at this time. However it wasn't stated that there won't be one at some point in the future. I'm considering hacking mine with a dremel.
  • 05-28-2013
    chuckml97
    Thanks for the reply Please post a pic once chop off the hanger.
  • 05-31-2013
    Aaron1017
    Have they arrived yet? Still shipping next week? :D :D :D
  • 05-31-2013
    beer_coffee_water
    What is the max tooth count for a chainring in the middle position on this frame? Is it the same as the Yelli, 32t? I am thinking about getting an XX1 crank down the line for easy chainring swapping. The idea of picking between 28, 32 and 36 depending terrain seems like a great options. If it is limited I will stick with my SLX.
  • 05-31-2013
    KillingtonVT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron1017 View Post
    Have they arrived yet? Still shipping next week? :D :D :D

Frames are sitting in Customs. I'll post up as soon as they are in our warehouse and ready to go!
  • 06-01-2013
    Nubster
    No SS dropout will keep me from buying one of these awesome looking frames. The porky 6.5 pounds doesn't help either, but I can deal with that. No SS however is unforgivable. Maybe once that gets sorted out I'll give this thing another look.
  • 06-01-2013
    Stopbreakindown
    You know these frames have sliders to run SS, out of the box, right?
  • 06-01-2013
    Nubster
    Sliders yes, but no SS drop outs. I realize I can use a derailleur drop out but if I'm paying $750+ for a frame, I expect not to have to compromise.
  • 06-01-2013
    perttime
    Picky...
    ... take the extra section of the dropout off with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file.
  • 06-01-2013
    Stopbreakindown
    Compromise what? Trying to understand your thought process.

You want horizontal dropouts to run a tugnut?
    Or
    You want the same dropouts as this frame comes with just w/out the hanger?
  • 06-01-2013
    goldenaustin
    Yeah isn't a SS dropout the same as what comes with the frame minus the hangar? What does a SS specific dropout get you asides from aesthetics and weight "savings"?
  • 06-01-2013
    wuzilla
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
    No SS dropout will keep me from buying one of these awesome looking frames. The porky 6.5 pounds doesn't help either, but I can deal with that. No SS however is unforgivable. Maybe once that gets sorted out I'll give this thing another look.

To each their own. Lots of frames out there without that little piece of extra metal. Some even come in shit brown like the Honza! I fell in love and dropped the cash because of the lines. What can I say - I'm a sucker for pretty things. Plus, I like the option of a quickie swap to a 5 spd for those longer epics.
  • 06-01-2013
    Nubster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by perttime View Post
    Picky...
    ... take the extra section of the dropout off with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file.

Again, for $750, I shouldn't have to hack anything with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file to make it fit my application. I ride SS. I want SS dropouts. Yeah, derailleur dropouts will work. But that's not what I want and for the price, I should be able to get what I want. When Canfield comes out with SS dropouts, I'll strongly consider the frame. I'm sure Canfield doesn't care about me and my wants and could care even less if I buy one of their frames. There's probably plenty of people waiting in line for one already. I'm nobody special, but it's my money so if I don't get what I want in a product I'm not spending my cash.
  • 06-01-2013
    Nubster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Yeah isn't a SS dropout the same as what comes with the frame minus the hangar? What does a SS specific dropout get you asides from aesthetics and weight "savings"?

Nothing. But it's what I want. The frame is so heavy, the grams saved don't matter. The looks don't matter that much. It's just that for the money, I think that the option should be available. Sure, it's nitpicking on my part, but it's my money and for me, $750 is a lot of money.
  • 06-01-2013
    chuckml97
    I am kind of disappointed also. The last gen had both gear and ss drop out. Why new nimble 9 cost $100 more and does not come with ss drop out. Not even available to buy seperate!
  • 06-01-2013
    Vertr
    Quote:

Again, for $750, I shouldn't have to hack anything with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file to make it fit my application.

The Ferrari 459 isn't really meant for hauling around mountain bikes, should I head over to FerrariChat.com and complain? I guess I *could* take a welder to it. For $342,702.00 it ought to work for me!
  • 06-01-2013
    eurospek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    The Ferrari 459 isn't really meant for hauling around mountain bikes, should I head over to FerrariChat.com and complain? I guess I *could* take a welder to it. For $342,702.00 it ought to work for me!

You should head over to FerrariChat and spend a little more in the Noob section. There is no 459 Ferrari, more like 458, and your sticker price is about 30% inflated as well.

But nice try.
  • 06-01-2013
    fishwrinkle
    ^^^lol
  • 06-02-2013
    Pedal/Paddle
    Honestly I am *little* disappointed that there is not a SS slider, but not enough to make me upset or regret buying one. Maybe they'll be available later, maybe I'll buy a spare one and hack off the hanger. I just want to ride the freakin thing, not stare at it. Sheesh.
  • 06-02-2013
    Vertr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    You should head over to FerrariChat and spend a little more in the Noob section. There is no 459 Ferrari, more like 458, and your sticker price is about 30% inflated as well.

But nice try.

Typo son. And if you knew anything about Ferraris you would know that they typically sell for more than MSRP off the showroom floor.

2013 Ferrari 458 Italia for Sale - 1803954 - duPontREGISTRY.com

Ferrari 458 Italia For Sale - duPont REGISTRY
  • 06-02-2013
    Nubster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Pedal/Paddle View Post
    I just want to ride the freakin thing, not stare at it. Sheesh.

Good for you. I'll keep riding my diSSent until there's a SS dropout available, then I'll think about getting a new frame.
  • 06-02-2013
    eurospek
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Vertr View Post
    Typo son. And if you knew anything about Ferraris you would know that they typically sell for more than MSRP off the showroom floor.

• 06-02-2013
    Vertr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by eurospek View Post

How's the Ferrari shopping going? I guess if you had 250 or so of that cute little Kona of yours you could sell them and buy that white one.
  • 06-02-2013
    DoubleHelix
    Every color option shown but the matte black...

I'd love to see a picture (I know matte black isnt hard to imagine) still would like a picture as it would be the color I'd go with. I'm sure you guys are slammed with preorders but I'd sure appreciate it :D
  • 06-03-2013
    Aaron1017
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Again, for $750, I shouldn't have to hack anything with a hacksaw and smooth it with a file to make it fit my application. I ride SS. I want SS dropouts. Yeah, derailleur dropouts will work. But that's not what I want and for the price, I should be able to get what I want. When Canfield comes out with SS dropouts, I'll strongly consider the frame. I'm sure Canfield doesn't care about me and my wants and could care even less if I buy one of their frames. There's probably plenty of people waiting in line for one already. I'm nobody special, but it's my money so if I don't get what I want in a product I'm not spending my cash.

You sound like a window shopper with no monies.
    Attachment 804944
  • 06-03-2013
    Nubster
    You'd be wrong about that kid.
  • 06-03-2013
    perttime
    Hey!
    I'm the window shopper with no monies :p

If I had the cash to spare, I'd probably get one and run it SS.

Now I'm just waiting to see other people's builds.
    Is anyone planning to try it rigid?
  • 06-03-2013
    wuzilla
    Quote:

Hey!

I might eventually put a stiffee on mine. However, after riding New England trails for the past year on a double-steel-stiffee, my hands and shoulders have sent complaints to the brain-dept and I'm going with a front squish. Reba 100mm with a lock-out is the plan.
  • 06-03-2013
    KillingtonVT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DoubleHelix View Post
    Every color option shown but the matte black...

I'd love to see a picture (I know matte black isnt hard to imagine) still would like a picture as it would be the color I'd go with. I'm sure you guys are slammed with preorders but I'd sure appreciate it :D

The frames are still in customs. As soon as they arrive I will shoot all the colors and post them up for you as promised!
  • 06-03-2013
    djembe975
    How much longer do you think they will be in customs? Patiently awaiting my frame as well
  • 06-03-2013
    KillingtonVT
    With all the replies over the last few days in regards to SS dropouts, I figured I'd chime in on the topic. When we went into production on the new N9, we spoke about all the different dropout options we could build for this bike. The issue really is, as we designed a fully custom dropout system for this bike, the dropouts are REALLY expensive. We looked at what we invested in SS dropouts for the original N9, compared to the few that we sold and unfortunately we could not justify doing additional dropout options at this point. We are a small rider owned company that can not just absorb the cost of things like this and write them off. We are four people that live, breath, sweat and eat to give our customers the best products we possibly can.

As far as the comment from Nubster - “I'm sure Canfield doesn't care about me and my wants and could care even less if I buy one of their frames.“ I start and end everyday reading every post on this forum, to make sure we are always in the loop with our customer base and address any issues when needed. We care a great deal about our current and potential customers and I would hope our reputation shows that. The end of the day we know not every one of our products can meet the needs of 100% of our customers and I’m sorry if your feel that were excluded on the new Nimble 9.
  • 06-03-2013
    djembe975
    How bout everyone that pre-ordered a frame gets one of those sharp seat post clamps included.:thumbsup: Damn customs! there're no drugs or fire arms in the containers, just frames.
  • 06-03-2013
    DoubleHelix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    The frames are still in customs. As soon as they arrive I will shoot all the colors and post them up for you as promised!

I missed the previous post were you said they were at customs. I went ahead and preordered a matte black. Cant wait to get some rides in.

Now I just have to scrounge for a tapered carbon fork.
  • 06-03-2013
    DoubleHelix
    Quote:

Hey!

I'll be running it rigid SS. I currently have a Salsa Cromoto Grande Maxle that I hope to be upgrading next month to a tapered carbon 15TA.
  • 06-04-2013
    ast
    3 Attachment(s)
    Almost done!
    It's nearly there!
    New wheels, new fork, mostly new 1 x 10 drivetrain, new bar & stem.
    Old brakes, dropper post and saddle.
    I can't wait...
  • 06-04-2013
    ghetto
    Folks regarding SS dropouts, I'm running a Yelli Screamy SS using a Surly Singulator (sprung tensioner that sits in the derailleur hanger). It works fine and I even think a little variable spring tension in the cadence cycle is no bad thing.

I wouldn't let drop out availability stop me buying an N9 for SS. (Shipping and taxes to the UK would stop me but that's a different issue).

(I write this as someone who's had 3 bikes with EBBs. I resisted the idea of a hanging tensioner, but really when you're riding it's no biggie at all).
  • 06-04-2013
    wuzilla
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ghetto View Post
    Folks regarding SS dropouts, I'm running a Yelli Screamy SS using a Surly Singulator (sprung tensioner that sits in the derailleur hanger). It works fine and I even think a little variable spring tension in the cadence cycle is no bad thing.

I wouldn't let drop out availability stop me buying an N9 for SS. (Shipping and taxes to the UK would stop me but that's a different issue).

(I write this as someone who's had 3 bikes with EBBs. I resisted the idea of a hanging tensioner, but really when you're riding it's no biggie at all).

The N9 has sliding dropouts - which in my mind equals 1 of 2 things:

1. The ability to alter wheelbase for geared riders OR
    2. The ability to run SS without tensioners, etc.

The second makes me call it a fully functional single speed frame, which is exactly what I need. There was just one guy who was bent out of shape that the sliding dropouts are designed with a derailleur hanger. And I guess because it has a derailleur hanger, it doesn't fully qualify as a single speed frame. This little piece of additional threaded metal is apparently against UCI Single-Speed category rules and is cause for an ass-kicking at hipster fixie parties.
  • 06-04-2013
    wuzilla
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ast View Post
    It's nearly there!
    I can't wait...

Not cool at all.

You do realize that all of our frames are stuck in customs, right?

Mods: please pull down these photos and ban posts from this guy for at least another week.
  • 06-04-2013
    fishwrinkle
    looking sweet so far. thats a sexy girl for sure. i love the zee drivetrain, functional, durable, & best yet, affordable. i agree with wuzilla, i hate you now at the moment.:thumbsup:
  • 06-04-2013
    sslos
    Quote:

Nothing. But it's what I want. The frame is so heavy, the grams saved don't matter. The looks don't matter that much. It's just that for the money, I think that the option should be available. Sure, it's nitpicking on my part, but it's my money and for me, $750 is a lot of money.

I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't let it get in the way of the great ride quality and geometry. I've been riding my one-speed N9, with the derailleur hanger-equipped slider, for almost 2 years. hasn't bothered me one bit. $750 is a lot of money, but for a small bike company with innovative geometry and some unusual features, I think it's worth it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckml97 View Post
    I am kind of disappointed also. The last gen had both gear and ss drop out. Why new nimble 9 cost $100 more and does not come with ss drop out. Not even available to buy seperate!

The new frame costs more due to a few things: hydroforming tubes costs more than using off-the-shelf round tubes, speccing custom sliders instead of off-the-shelf Paragon copies costs a lot more, and finally, production costs tend to increase over time.

I'm not telling anyone to buy something they don't want. If you are set on not buying this frame 'cause it's not 100% what you want, I can respect that. It's just that, in my opinion, these guys produce such a great riding frame that you might want to be a bit more flexible.

Los
  • 06-04-2013
    Nubster
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sslos View Post
    I get what you're saying, but I wouldn't let it get in the way of the great ride quality and geometry. I've been riding my one-speed N9, with the derailleur hanger-equipped slider, for almost 2 years. hasn't bothered me one bit. $750 is a lot of money, but for a small bike company with innovative geometry and some unusual features, I think it's worth it.

The new frame costs more due to a few things: hydroforming tubes costs more than using off-the-shelf round tubes, speccing custom sliders instead of off-the-shelf Paragon copies costs a lot more, and finally, production costs tend to increase over time.

If I got the frame I'm sure it wouldn't really bother me either. Like I said, it's just me being nitpicky over an aesthetics issue. But for a frame that will cost me over $800 I think I have the right to be a little critical. If I could sell my John Henry, I'd probably get the frame despite my issues with it. For now I have to decide whether to spend $569 on a new replacement diSSent frame or pony up the $805 for the N9.
  • 06-04-2013
    Vertr
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Nubster
    There's probably plenty of people waiting in line for one already. I'm nobody special, but it's my money so if I don't get what I want in a product I'm not spending my cash.

Quote:

If I could sell my John Henry, I'd probably get the frame despite my issues with it. For now I have to decide whether to spend $569 on a new replacement diSSent frame or pony up the $805 for the N9.

Change of heart so soon? Hilarious.
  • 06-04-2013
    Nubster
    Yeah, call me a ranting indecisive dumbass. Even though it bugs me to no end there's not a SS dropout option, the frame is just to damn sexy to not want.
  • 06-04-2013
    atamayo
    Quote:

it's nearly there!
    I can't wait...

pretty
  • 06-04-2013
    Scott forty G.
    I hate the look of tensioners and the EBBs that i can get for the Yelli were waaayyy too much money. Solution - Voila!

Quote:

• 06-04-2013
    ast
    Quote:

Originally Posted by wuzilla View Post
    Not cool at all.

You do realize that all of our frames are stuck in customs, right?

Mods: please pull down these photos and ban posts from this guy for at least another week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    looking sweet so far. thats a sexy girl for sure. i love the zee drivetrain, functional, durable, & best yet, affordable. i agree with wuzilla, i hate you now at the moment.:thumbsup:

It's not often we get anything first in New Zealand.
    I'm just making the most of it. ;)
    Sorry.
    Actually not really...

I should be riding it this weekend. Yay.
  • 06-05-2013
    ghetto
    On thinking about it I think I'd sooner run a tensioner than extend the virtual chainstay to any meaningful degree, just for the sake of chain tensioning. Short CS is half the key to the Yelli's handling for me.

Bikes do look better without tensioners though, certainly.
  • 06-05-2013
    djembe975
    Any word yet on the frames?
  • 06-05-2013
    fishwrinkle
    ^^^lol. Someone's more giddy than I.
  • 06-07-2013
    djembe975
    Any new steel appear in Bellingham?
  • 06-07-2013
    flymybike
    Out for pick up. We should be ready to ship by monday!!!
  • 06-07-2013
    dfiler
    Edit: the real source beat me to it. Thanks for the update!

I can't wait! But having broke my hand on Sunday, maybe a shipping delay wouldn't be so bad. These things can be ridden with one hand right? ;)
  • 06-07-2013
    Pedal/Paddle
    Quote:

Originally Posted by flymybike View Post
    Out for pick up. We should be ready to ship by monday!!!

OH YEAH! Just in time for Fathers Day. "Honey, I'll be in the garage":thumbsup:
  • 06-09-2013
    KillingtonVT
    9 Attachment(s)
    After a long day on Friday, the frames are sitting in the warehouse!!! Seeing as how Sean has been spending his weekend printing out UPS labels, I figured I do a quick shoot to post up the color shots that everyone has been asking for! ENJOY!

Attachment 806790

Attachment 806791

Attachment 806792

Attachment 806793

Attachment 806794

Attachment 806795

'Attachment 806796

Attachment 806797

Attachment 806798
  • 06-09-2013
    bigcrs
    Awwwww, so nice. I want to pull the trigger but...

Got any demo's out of Bellingham to help me pull that trigger?
  • 06-09-2013
    KillingtonVT
    1 Attachment(s)
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Awwwww, so nice. I want to pull the trigger but...

Got any demo's out of Bellingham to help me pull that trigger?

We have a Large Chrome!
    Attachment 806850
  • 06-09-2013
    dfiler
    I just got my tracking number via email. Thanks for putting in some weekend hours guys!
  • 06-09-2013
    bigcrs
    Quote:

Originally Posted by KillingtonVT View Post
    We have a Large Chrome!
    Attachment 806850

Alrighty then, I have to cross the line to pick some "paraphernalia" from Ship Happens in the next week or two. I'd love to spend a couple of hour's putting it through it's pace's if possible. Is that a 50mm stem?
  • 06-09-2013
    KillingtonVT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Alrighty then, I have to cross the line to pick some "paraphernalia" from Ship Happens in the next week or two. I'd love to spend a couple of hour's putting it through it's pace's if possible. Is that a 50mm stem?

Yup!
  • 06-09-2013
    evasive
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9
    That really looks sick.
  • 06-09-2013
    fishwrinkle
    oh yeah baby! i got the magical digits! i'll be having a great fathers day for sure. thx guys for the hard work
  • 06-10-2013
    ghetto
    Folks I'm a happy Yelli Screamy rider, what benefits would switching to an N9 bring? (They do look nice, can't deny I'm tempted).

I know I can SS it, but I run my Yelli SS with a Singulator and it works fine, in fact I wouldn't want to extend the virtual chainstays of an N9 via the sliding dropouts if it chips away at that lovely handling at all.

What else does the N9 bring? Steel ping? (Or is that built out by it being made strong?).

I'm in UK, getting a demo isn't viable, and they come out pretty expensive after shipping and import taxes. Try-before-you-buy isn't viable really.
  • 06-10-2013
    dfiler
    Quote:

Folks I'm a happy Yelli Screamy rider, what benefits would switching to an N9 bring? (They do look nice, can't deny I'm tempted).

I know I can SS it, but I run my Yelli SS with a Singulator and it works fine, in fact I wouldn't want to extend the virtual chainstays of an N9 via the sliding dropouts if it chips away at that lovely handling at all.

What else does the N9 bring? Steel ping? (Or is that built out by it being made strong?).

I'm in UK, getting a demo isn't viable, and they come out pretty expensive after shipping and import taxes. Try-before-you-buy isn't viable really.

Other than being great for singlespeed, it also allows adjustable chainstay length if you really want to tweak the geometry. Some people don't want the shortest CS possible or might need to change the CS length for various size tires when running as slammed as possible.

The first N9 version was also quite flexy as compared to the yeli. Some people prefer the stiffest frame possible while others like the flex of steel. The new N9 is heavier so I suspect the difference will be less.
  • 06-10-2013
    wv_bob
    Quote:

No ping on the Gen 1, it's generic tubing AFAIK. I tend to check that too, my WTB rings like a bell but a lot of bikes really don't.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dfiler View Post
    The first N9 version was also quite flexy as compared to the yeli. Some people prefer the stiffest frame possible while others like the flex of steel. The new N9 is heavier so I suspect the difference will be less.

I've never been on a Yelli so I can't directly compare, but IMO the Gen 1 does flex some but in a good way. Also, the Gen 2 frame has hydroformed tubes, which makes it <strike>uglier</strike> stiffer.
  • 06-10-2013
    flymybike
    The Yelli is 16.7" chainstay while this newer version N9 has a short setting of 16.25 out to 17.1". So you can tweek the geo longer and quite a bit shorter than the Yelli. With large tires and a front derailleur you'll need to be back in the 16.7" range but with no front derailleur it can be slammed short.
    Your not going to feel the normal flex you get from a steel frame (Original N9), this frame is quite a bit stiffer. My first ride on the frame felt very stiff yet damped like steel. The top tube shaping really stiffens up the front end twist you get from tugging on wide bars. Hoping to get another ride on it tonight.
  • 06-10-2013
    fishwrinkle
    pfft...uglier, bob? did you not wear a helmet last time you fell off your bike n bumped your head? thats a sexy b!tch right there. off topic, did you get that xx spring yet?
  • 06-10-2013
    wv_bob
    Well at least they kept the decals, everybody likes those. :D

No progress on the spring. Learning to like it as is actually.
  • 06-11-2013
    ast
    1 Attachment(s)
    Finished Build
    Looks great.
    Thanks to the team at Canfield Brothers for creating such as awesome bike.

Build specs:
    Frame- Medium Nimble 9
    Fork- 2012 Revelation RCT3 (20mm axle) 120-140mm travel (I think it's at 130 at the moment)
    Rims- Stans ARCH EX
    Hubs- XTR
    Tyres - Schwalbe Nobby Nics (never ridden these before)
    Crankset - old XTR
    Chainring- 32T E-thirteen guide ring
    Chainguide- MRP 1x
    Rear Der- Shimano Zee shadow plus
    Cassette- XT 11-36
    Pedals- Canfield Crampon Ultimates -AWESOME!!!
    Stem- Chromag Ranger 50mm
    Bar- Chromag Acute (730mm)
    Brakes- 2008 XT
    Seatpost- reverb
    Saddle- Spesh phenom (looking for a new saddle for this bike)
    Weight 28lbs 10oz (a little heavier than I had anticipated)
  • 06-11-2013
    fishwrinkle
    very nice ast. what's it ride like?
  • 06-11-2013
    wuzilla
    Nicely done ast! Since I have a tracking number, I guess you can post as many pics as you want now ;)

sub-29 lbs - Not bad at all. Especially since that is hardly a weight weenie build. My non-weight-weenie single speed build should easily get below 25, which is perfectly respectable to me.
  • 06-11-2013
    evasive
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9
    That looks so nice!
  • 06-11-2013
    perttime
    I suppose it could be worse....

(Jealous? Who?)
  • 06-12-2013
    nitrousjunky
    That's a sharp sled!
  • 06-12-2013
    SS State Of Mind
    Any word on the next wave of frames being shipped out? Or are they just going out as ordered now? Just wondering, I ordered on Sunday and I'm super excited.
  • 06-12-2013
    Pedal/Paddle
    It's funny how waiting the last several months wasn't too bad. But now that I have a tracking number I can barely stand to wait a week. I keep refreshing the UPS tracking site even knowing that nothing will change in just a few hours.
  • 06-12-2013
    SS State Of Mind
    I ordered but don't have a tracking number yet. That's almost worse...lol...but once it posts, I'll be doing the same and cursing UPS for not getting it here soon enough.
  • 06-12-2013
    KillingtonVT
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SS State Of Mind View Post
    Any word on the next wave of frames being shipped out? Or are they just going out as ordered now? Just wondering, I ordered on Sunday and I'm super excited.

Going out as ordered. All the pre-orders went out first and we will have the rest of the of them going on tomorrow! This was a HUGE shipment for us. Sean and I worked through the weekend to get things prepped and we are just about caught up now. STOKED!
  • 06-12-2013
    OldHouseMan
    AST, that looks good.

Canfield needs a trade in program. I'd gladly trade in my old N9 for the new N9.:)
  • 06-12-2013
    scslouch
    sorry to be so impatient, but have the international pre-orders been shipped out? haven't received a tracking # yet..
  • 06-12-2013
    cpfitness
    Re: The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9
    Quote:

Originally Posted by OldHouseMan View Post
    AST, that looks good.

Canfield needs a trade in program. I'd gladly trade in my old N9 for the new N9.:)

Why? If u put your 1st gen frame in the classifieds it would sell in 1day for 350 bucks and that would be almost half the cost of a new one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  • 06-12-2013
    OldHouseMan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cpfitness View Post
    Why? If u put your 1st gen frame in the classifieds it would sell in 1day for 350 bucks and that would be almost half the cost of a new one

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

It was mostly a joke, I couldn't be happier with my 1st gen N9. I just think the new N9 is super sexy.
  • 06-13-2013
    Stopbreakindown
    Holbrook, AZ, United States 06/13/2013 6:59 A.M. Out For Delivery :arf:
    06/13/2013 5:41 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Phoenix, AZ, United States 06/12/2013 10:59 P.M. Departure Scan
    06/12/2013 6:47 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Las Vegas, NV, United States 06/12/2013 1:22 P.M. Departure Scan
    06/12/2013 11:59 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Sparks, NV, United States 06/12/2013 2:44 A.M. Departure Scan
    06/12/2013 2:15 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Roseburg, OR, United States 06/11/2013 4:19 P.M. Departure Scan
    06/11/2013 1:50 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Portland, OR, United States 06/11/2013 10:04 A.M. Departure Scan
    06/11/2013 9:25 A.M. Arrival Scan
    Redmond, WA, United States 06/11/2013 5:47 A.M. Departure Scan
    Redmond, WA, United States 06/10/2013 11:48 P.M. Arrival Scan
    Bellingham, WA, United States 06/10/2013 9:57 P.M. Departure Scan
    06/10/2013 11:45 A.M. The shipment has been dropped off and is now at The UPS Store®.
    United States 06/09/2013 8:00 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
  • 06-13-2013
    SS State Of Mind
    HOT DAMN!!!! Got my tracking number. Frame should be here on the 19th!!!! Seat post, seat post clamp, and headset arrived today. Now all I need is the frame. Soon as I get the headset pressed in, I'll be up and running lickety split!

Quick question, do the frames need faced?
  • 06-13-2013
    fishwrinkle
    What the hell? Ups still has mine at Bellingham store scanned 6/10. That's all the info available.
  • 06-14-2013
    DoubleHelix
    4 Attachment(s)
    Nimble indeed
    Stayed late after work to build her up. I'll post some more picts tomorrow. The ride home was really fun, you can really pop the front wheel up which I'm not used to from other 29er bikes I've been on. Nimble is quite fitting!

Attachment 808023

Attachment 808024

Ardent 2.4 looks small in the whisky fork:
    Attachment 808025

Attachment 808026
  • 06-14-2013
    wuzilla
    Quote:

Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    What the hell? Ups still has mine at Bellingham store scanned 6/10. That's all the info available.

This happens sometimes when the UPS driver forgets to scan a package. Which is more likely when shipping from a UPS store and there are so many identical boxes going out! My alter-ego runs a big mailorder store, so I've seen this a few times - wouldn't worry too much just yet. How far are you from WA? You could be getting a present soon!

I have to wait till Monday. Stupid Boston being so far east :(
  • 06-14-2013
    fishwrinkle
    wuzilla, yeah i finally just received an expected arrival of monday. 1st time outta many shipments that i've had that happen. i'm in detroit, so 5 days out from WA. im stoked, now if i get my bits ill be all set. thanks for the heads up
  • 06-14-2013
    ast
    3 Attachment(s)
    More Nimble pics
    Can't ride.
    Sad.
    Nothing to do but take more photos...
  • 06-14-2013
    DoubleHelix
    2 Attachment(s)
    Cant ride either, waiting on a brake adapter.

Attachment 808310

Attachment 808311
  • 06-14-2013
    djembe975
    Quote:

Attachment 808310

Attachment 808311

I just assembled mine and I've been having problems with the rear brake calipers. I'm using 160mm Hayes v cut rotors with Shimano Deaore brakes and couldn't put the wheel in unless I put the calipers on afterwards and after I installed the brakes I couldn't remove the rear wheel unless I unscrewed the brakes first.

I used to have sliders before and never had this problem. I'm running it single speed by the way. Is anyone else having similar issues? It could have something to do with the drop outs facing or angled forward causing this problem.
  • 06-15-2013
    ast
    Quote:

Attachment 808310

Attachment 808311

Nice!
    Is that matte black?
  • 06-15-2013
    dfiler
    I've had that caliper problem on a few other frames and solved it with a some washers.

My assumption was that it had to do with the switch to metric. Previously the industry was standardized on 6, 7 and 8 inch rotors. This was usually stated as 165, 185 and 203 mm. But those numbers weren't even enough so a few years ago everyone switched to 160, 180 and 200 mm.

But you said 160mm rotor so maybe that isn't the reason here. It would be the problem with an older 165mm rotor and a newer 160mm dropout. Either way, washers usually solve the problem. Does that work for you?

Edit: oh yeah, my new n9 is scheduled for delivery on Monday in pittsburgh. I'd experiment when it arrives but have a busted right hand so one handed wrenching might prevent that. Strange coincidence, I had a broken wrist when my Jedi was delivered a couple years ago. Maybe I'll pay a friend in beer for assistance again. ;)
  • 06-15-2013
    DoubleHelix
    Quote:

Originally Posted by djembe975 View Post
    I just assembled mine and I've been having problems with the rear brake calipers. I'm using 160mm Hayes v cut rotors with Shimano Deaore brakes and couldn't put the wheel in unless I put the calipers on afterwards and after I installed the brakes I couldn't remove the rear wheel unless I unscrewed the brakes first.

I used to have sliders before and never had this problem. I'm running it single speed by the way. Is anyone else having similar issues? It could have something to do with the drop outs facing or angled forward causing this problem.

Since I dont actually have my rear brake attached I dont have much input. On my Karate Monkey I had to remove the brake to remove the wheel so it's not completely unheard of.

Quote:

Nice!
    Is that matte black?

Yeah matte black with matte carbon fork. I really love all their paint colors. My first mountain bike was the same color as their orange. The chrome is killer too.
  • 06-15-2013
    Nubster
    What's the fork? Chinese or name brand? I'd love a niner fork but $500 is a bit daunting. I lean towards it though because of the no weight limit claim.
  • 06-15-2013
    Dr Wankel
    Quote:

Can't ride.
    Sad.
    Nothing to do but take more photos...

Nice! The chrome looks badass!

Mine in sparkle blue is on the big brown truck and should arrive Wednesday... can't wait.

Does anyone know what size bolts the sliders use? I'm putting together an order for some Ti bolts and thought I'd swap them out while I'm at it.