Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    i am looking for a medium size frame...if anyone selling do pm me..

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    I just ordered my XL blue frame yesterday! Can't wait for it to get here so I can start building it up!

mtbr member
    May 2007
    What are you building?

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    A single speed N9 is the plan for now

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The N9 make a very nice SS!

6x7=Dont Panic!

Drivetrain Update

Upgraded my XT 2x to XTR 1x today... No FD means shortest stays possible

Before:

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-photo-2.jpg

After:

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-fullsizerender-1.jpgThe NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-fullsizerender-2.jpgThe NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-fullsizerender.jpg
    Herro prease

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra View Post

Before:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	281.5 KB 
ID:	982335

After:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender-1.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	219.1 KB 
ID:	982336Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender-2.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	181.5 KB 
ID:	982337Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	203.4 KB 
ID:	982338
    Wow 🏻

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Canfield Brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobray View Post
    Wow 🏻
    Yeah, double WOW. Gorgeous!

MTBR Member
    ^^^ Yes
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRedMantra View Post

Good lookin'! Glad you posted pics, I'd like to run my XT 2x cranks with a 30T WT NW chainring and was wondering about chainstay clearance with the chainring. Any issues? Did you have to do any shimming with the BB cups to move the chainring outboard? What size chainring are you running? It looks to be a 30T. Thanks in advance!

Robtre

Want my head tube badge to look like this

Name:  LightningBoltSkull.gif
Views: 959
Size:  16.2 KB
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member
    What size frame should I get at 5'10" with about a 31.5 inseam?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by AaronJobe View Post
    What size frame should I get at 5'10" with about a 31.5 inseam?
    Medium if you like small bikes. Otherwise a large should be great.

I find the N9 to run a little smaller than the yelli screamy. Even tho the look the same on paper

mtbr member
    i agree... I can run a shorter stem on my Yelli and it still feels about the same reach as the Nimble9 with a 20mm longer stem....
    Proud to own some of the best bikes in the industry!!!!
    www.canfieldbrothers.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Those are pretty much my numbers, and I love my medium. But I tend to like my bikes on the small side, I'm showing a lot of post, and I've got a couple centimeters of spacers under my 80mm stem. The cockpit is snug but comfortable, and it sure is easy to get off the back of the saddle. That was really apparent the first time I tried to manual into the driveway at the end of a ride. Thinking it was going to take a little extra leverage to lighten the front end with that big rear wheel (my first 29er), I sure was surprised when I looped it out right there in front of my house. And yes, the neighbors were watching. No, thankfully, there is no video.

So go with the medium if you really want to emphasize the nimble part of the bike's name. While I haven't tried a large, I have no doubt I could ride that comfortably as well, and I bet it would be easier to set up for efficient pedaling. At our size we're right at the threshold between medium and large.

That's REEAAALLLL Nice
    ^^^^^Very Nice Build!!!^^^^^^

Can't wait to see the ride report.

mtbr member
    Lookin' good MostChillin! Quite similar to my '13 matte black build. You are going to love it when the trails dry out...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by MostChillin View Post
    The trails dried out enough so I got my first ride under my belt.

My ride report - this bike is absolutely bada$$. I cannot offer anything new that hasn't already been said. It is the perfect trail bike I was seeking for the way I ride and where I ride.

I will get a few more rides in but I think I will have to go from a 50mm stem to a 60mm or more likely 70mm. I have really short inseam with a long torso.

A couple of comments on components that I do not have experience with:

Maxxis Icon 2.35 - First experience with Maxxis tires and I'm beyond pleased. These tires (as most know) have some serious volume and worked perfectly. And they roll really fast.

SRAM Guide brakes - I've always used Shimano brakes prior to these. I'm a convert. Yes, I know, they take a few more minutes to bleed and the process is bit more complex. There is no comparison in modulation between the two from my perspective. I may go to a 180 in the rear.

A couple of days before receiving my N9, the Brothers released the EPO. I always wanted a carbon N9 and feared that the N9 wouldn't now live up to my expectations. Wrong. Very wrong. The EPO will have to be something really special to get me to consider it.

And finally, as everyone already knows, the Canfield customer service is second to none. Sean has been very responsive when I contacted him with questions. A stark contrast to my recent experiences with another Bellingham bike company. The Brothers have a stoked and extremely satisfied customer. I look forward to giving you more of my money in the future!
    Same here , long torso short legs 5'10 , I ride a 60 mm stem.
    Good to know about the brakes. Thanks for the update. Enjoy the sled !

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I'm very happy with my N9, good to hear you're liking yours. Yeah it's a very capable bike, more than this rider.

mtbr member
    cool beans !

Robtre
    Question for all you SS N9'ers: What is the "magic" gear for the wheel position all the way up front or "slammed"?? I was hoping for something around 32-20. Any input would be appreciated!!!
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I didn't find one. One time I had a magic gear on my Yelli but it only lasted a couple of rides until the chain stretched. I think magic gears are a myth.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by robtre View Post
    Question for all you SS N9'ers: What is the "magic" gear for the wheel position all the way up front or "slammed"?? I was hoping for something around 32-20. Any input would be appreciated!!!
    I am running a 32t WI eno w/ trails 20t freewheel, about 95% slammed (V2 frame)

squish, squish in da fish
    I run 34-18 with do's 3/8" from slammed. I too believe magic gear is a myth.

mtbr member
    I've got a 32t raceface NW and 20t wolf tooth cog. REALLY close to being slammed. Less than 1/8" I would say.

Robtre
    Chainstays are the same I assume on V2?
    -rides bikes for fun.

Canfield Brothers
    Chainstays are the same on all versions of N9.

Here's a link to the "magic gear" myth buster. It can take chain stretch into account.

http://eehouse.org/fixin/formfmu.php...ey=Stay_length
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    32-20 on my 2015 xl is basically slammed. Go for it.

Robtre
    Well Gents after months of deliberation I finally am joining your gang. Still working out a few details on parts but here is the list of what I know:

PIKE 140
    Industry 9 Trail
    Maxxis IKON
    XT Brakes
    XT Crank

Pics to come!
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Good: Pike & XT works well for me.

Robtre
    Bought a 50mm Stem, not sure how I feel about that. I figured I would start at the "nimble-est" option and I have a 70mm if the 50mm makes the steering too "twitchy".
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I run 50mm (780mm bars) on 140mm forks, I wouldn't go longer myself.

mtbr member
    Bought a 50mm Stem, not sure how I feel about that. I figured I would start at the "nimble-est" option and I have a 70mm if the 50mm makes the steering too "twitchy".
    I used a 50mm on my build, as well. It doesn't feel twitchy to me at all. My issue is more the feeling of a cramped cockpit and feeling like my weight can shift too far over the bars too easily. I'll be going to a 70mm soon.

I up sized to an XL frame just so I could run short stems. I've run 35,40 & 50. Settled on the 50 with 31" bars on a 120 fork. I'm 6'-2" with a 34" inseam and I am in the cockpit

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-image.jpg
    It's kind of starting to look like a bicycle... This is my first build, so I didn't have any spare parts laying around. It's been a test of patience having to wait for money to buy parts. Planning on building up my wheels next! Super stoked!

Professional Crastinator
    Anyone get any sort of creak from their rear thru-axle? I am getting a noise that I can't figure out. All the bolts are tight. Cassette is tight. Hub bearings are tight. Crank bearings are tight.
    It creaks one way when I pedal hard, then creaks back when I brake hard. Something is moving a tiny bit but I can't isolate it.

Thanks,
    -F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

Canfield Brothers
    The trick I do to find a creak is place your finger on both parts and try to recreate the creak. Touch every part connection and wiggle it back and forth until you feel a "tick". Common creaks are seats, BB's, headsets, pedals and anything left slightly loose. It helps to figure out if it happens when standing or seated, coasting or pedaling or braking. Good luck.
    http://www.canfieldbrothers.com/frames
    Building bikes that make you smile!
    www.mtbparks.com
    All Bike Park, All the time.

mtbr member
    Don't be afraid to play around with the slider position either. For me I find that the sweet spot is actually with the sliders pulled back about 3/8 - 1/2" from being fully slammed. With the sliders fully slammed the back end seems to get hung up more on a few particularly rough trails that I have in my area. On smoother trails it's not an issue but I do notice a difference on the rough and chunky stuff.

mtbr member
    Seat all the way rear-ward? I have a 2014 nimble 9 and I have the seat all the way back on the rails, even farther than recommend causing my seat rails to bend, for it to feel comfortable. Even with an offset seatpost. Now I upgraded to a KS lev that is not offset and with the seat all the way back, to me it feels like it still needs to go back more. It just feels like the center line of the cranks is to far to the rear when pedaling.

Is this just something I need to get used to with the geometry of the bike?

I have a 14 XL Nimble 9, 65mm stem, 750mm low rise bars, 170mm cranks, I'm 6'3" 260lbs.

mtbr member
    May 2007

2013 Nimble 9 Large for sale

Hi guys,

The time has come for me to pare down my bike collection and go back to a one-bike garage. Terrible, I know. Fortunately for someone, one of the bikes I've decided to get rid of is my Nimble 9. A very fun bike, but I just don't have much use for a hard tail anymore.

Here's all of the particulars:

First of all, it's the super cool glow-in-the-dark canfield Blue.

The frame and all components are in great shape with the usual small blemishes from normal use. There are two dime-sized blemishes, one on each chain stay from heal rub. They are pictured below. Everything else is very light, usual wear. The sale would also include the chainring (Surly 20t), chain (Gusset Bling Slink gold half link chain), and Gusset hub conversion kit so you can go single speed with ease. This bike has been set up both geared and single speed and does both well.

Build Highlights:

2013 Canfield Brothers Nimble 9 Size Large, Canfield Blue (good for approx 5’9-6’1”) I’m 6’0” and like the fit with a 75mm stem.

-Brand new 2015 SRAM X9 1x10 drivetrain (shifter, derailleur, cassette) with wolftooth 42t extended range chainring, RaceFace 30t NW front chainring, Truvativ Stylo 1x cranks/bottom bracket.

-Wheelset: 2013 Hope Evo pro 2 hubs front and rear with Stan’s Arch EX rims, set up tubeless. Includes the burly DT Swiss 10mm solid rear axle.

-Fork: 2013 X-fusion Slide 29 RL2, 15mm thru axle

-Brakes: 2013 Shimano SLX with trick XLC floating rotors 180mm front/ 160mm rear.

-Dropper post: KS Lev 125mm

-Stem: Easton EA50 75mm

-Cane Creek 40 headset

-Handle Bars: KORE OCD-20 cut to 30”

Ive been listing at $2000 and I will entertain serious offers. So if you are interested in this bike, send me a PM.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6041983.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6051999.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6052004.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6052006.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6052008.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6041991.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6041995.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6041993.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-p6041988.jpg  

Last edited by NAUBoone; 06-17-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: better picture quality

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    "It just feels like the center line of the cranks is to far to the rear when pedaling. Is this just something I need to get used to with the geometry of the bike?"

I have a similar feeling with my saddle all the way back on my Thomson post; I'm planning to get a post with some offset as well. So, yes, I'd agree it's a Nimble 9 characteristic.

But you might also consider changing cranks--170s are short for a 6' 3" rider. You should be on at least 175s, and you might even like 180s. That will put your pedal forward.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010

I never post pics but love this bike so much I think it deserves to be shared.

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-img_0483-2.jpg

mtbr member
    Derelikt - Sweet Ride and great pic!!

Pedalmore - Thanks for the reply, I will try some 175 cranks and see. My buddy pointed out that as thin as the crampon pedals are this will kinda be like adding some extra lenght as well.

mtbr member
    Well, sold a bike to fund a fork upgrade for the N9. Went from a pre-CTD 100mm Fox Float 32 with a 70mm Stem to a 2016 Fox 34 120mm FIT4 fork and a 50mm stem. Should have done this awhile ago. Steering is spot on and the fork is much mo bettah. Love it!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Dream bike complete

Finally done, started buying parts 6 months ago.

XX1
    Raceface sixc
    38mm carbon wheels
    2.4 Ardents
    Pike

27lbs
    Under $4k
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-11694910_766257363493873_7580848481119838726_n.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-11209575_10203019651012496_2830422668901114133_n.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-11403383_10203019649452457_5084005834606514386_n.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-11108189_10203019648692438_2592418678480687333_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ardent 2.4's, slammed dropouts, muddy conditions.. and all clean.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-11071568_10203025462797787_8368709051738144194_n.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-11403495_10203025466877889_5568801921295922399_n.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-11694137_10203025490318475_4636963851530568126_n.jpg  

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-11659271_10203025490638483_1938580975859677829_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by IntenseSense View Post
    Finally done, started buying parts 6 months ago.

XX1
    Raceface sixc
    38mm carbon wheels
    2.4 Ardents
    Pike

27lbs
    Under $4k
    Congrats , that's a sick ride !!

sweet build there intense.

Robtre

Finally got around to posting this!!! THE HORNET

The NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-fullsizerender.jpgThe NEW Canfield Brothers Nimble 9-img_1852.jpg
    Name:  IMG_1822.JPG
Views: 1340
Size:  64.6 KB
    2014 XL CHROME N9
    RS PIKE 140
    Industry 9 Turquoise
    Chris King HS PURPLE
    XT Brakes
    Purple Blackspire flats (best flat pedals i have ever owned)
    Turquoise Salsa Seatpost Clamp
    Thomson Stem 50mm Silver
    Thomson setback seatpost Silver
    MAXXIS IKONS

Why Purple and Turquoise ? Charlotte Hornets Colors. Love this bike so damn much!
    Last edited by robtre; 08-04-2015 at 12:58 PM.
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Sik build! the wheels set it off, love the hornets scheme.. just curious, have you tried canfields crampon pedals?

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast