Thread: My Nimble 9

mtbr member
    Oct 2008

My Nimble 9

Here is my nimble 9. Its been my go to bike for a while now. I have had it since last September and it has about 1800 mile on it. (its one of 4 singlespeeds in the stable)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Nimble 9-nimble-2.jpg  

My Nimble 9-nimbe-3.jpg  

My Nimble 9-nimble-4.jpg  

My Nimble 9-nimble-5.jpg  

mtbr member
    cool build!

BMF
    Oct 2007
    Very nice! Agree it is a sweet build, classy use of colors.

Robtre
    Dear Click Click Boom,

Im shopping frames and I am liking the NImble 9. Currently riding a SS Vassago Jaberwocky. My question is this:

Any trouble with the (paragon?) sliders? I am having a ***ch of a time keeping my rear wheel to stay put in the horizontal dropouts. I have been riding Ss for 5 years now and I can put some power to the pedal. I need some feedback on the stability of the dropouts let me know your experience.
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I really hate my vASSago. Crappy company, crappy previous owner, silly geo.... ect.

I do enjoy my Nimble 9. I just had it out for 20 miles at Hunsville today. Its my go to bike for new trails, ruff trails and longer rides. I have mine set up as a XC/trail bike. In this set up it does everything well but masters nothing. Thats why I have a few singlespeeds.

I havn't had any problems with the sliders and Im 230lbs in my birthday suit. I don't believe they are Pargon units. They have larger bolts and the dropouts seem to have more beef to them. Maybe the bolts could be deeper. They are starting to round a bit, but I have them out about 3 times a month or more. When I need to replace them ill find a better bolt.

The frame is great and I would by another one after riding this one many miles since September of last year. There are a few things I wish they would change on the frame. I want to use a tapered fork, the frame is a bit porky and they need to reshape the chain and seat stays I rubbed the paint off them in a week and the are rusting pretty good.

I guess what I'm saying is go for it.

Robtre
    Quote Originally Posted by Click Click Boom View Post
    I really hate my vASSago. Crappy company, crappy previous owner, silly geo.... ect.

I do enjoy my Nimble 9. I just had it out for 20 miles at Hunsville today. Its my go to bike for new trails, ruff trails and longer rides. I have mine set up as a XC/trail bike. In this set up it does everything well but masters nothing. Thats why I have a few singlespeeds.

I havn't had any problems with the sliders and Im 230lbs in my birthday suit. I don't believe they are Pargon units. They have larger bolts and the dropouts seem to have more beef to them. Maybe the bolts could be deeper. They are starting to round a bit, but I have them out about 3 times a month or more. When I need to replace them ill find a better bolt.

The frame is great and I would by another one after riding this one many miles since September of last year. There are a few things I wish they would change on the frame. I want to use a tapered fork, the frame is a bit porky and they need to reshape the chain and seat stays I rubbed the paint off them in a week and the are rusting pretty good.

I guess what I'm saying is go for it.
    This is precisely what I be searchin fo'.
    -rides bikes for fun.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sick, minus the eggbeaters, put a pair of crampons on there and a dropper post Pronto!