So I just finished getting my bike build up on Monday. Most parts are either used or carry-over parts, but I'm stoked about getting out and riding/racing it this weekend.
Some details on my build...
- 2010 Large Canfield Jedi w/ Fox DHX RC4
- 2011 Manitou Dorado Pro (2012 graphics and guards)
- Mavic EX721/EX823 (F/R) laced to Hope Pro2 hubs w/ DT Competition spokes
- Maxxis Minion DHF's F&R (running tubeless with Stans)
- Avid Elixir R brakes (203mm F&R)
- Shimano Saint M815 Cranks w/ Raceface DH BB
- SRAM X9 Shifter/Derailleur and PC-971 chain
- Dura-Ace 11-23 9spd cassette
- Wellgo MG-1 Pedals (Getting a set of red Crampon Ultimates when they arrive)
- Crank Brothers Opium Headseat (Dorado steerer tube was cut to short for traditional headset)
- Sunline 42mm Directmount stem and old Hussefelt bars w/ ODI Ruffian grips
- SDG Ti-Fly saddle on Thompson setback seatpost
Final weight: 38.6lbs
I'm probably going to change the rear shock to either a Marzocchi Roco Air WC or a X-Fusion Vector Air, the brakes, bars, and of course pedals later this summer.
Due to a ton of rain around here I won't be able to go baseline it at the local trails before racing it this weekend. Any advice on how best to initally setup my RC4?
Day I got the fork in....
Complete (picture is a bit dark)
Mtbr's 2016 Winter Biking GearReviews and Roundups
Results 1 to 3 of 3