mtbr member

My Apologies....

Well, I now have 3 rides under my belt on my new One and I have to say, besides the difference in cornering, the new One is great. I was in a bit of a rush to "throw the baby out with the bath water" I guess. Although it is longer and IMO corners a bit slower (that will just be a matter of adjustment I'm sure), compared to gen 1 One

-Downhill= Better
    -Climbing= Dare I say better?
    -Stiffness= Stiffer
    -Looks= Cooler
    -Frame=Stronger

Thanks Canfield Bros for a great frame, great service, and again, sorry for the rush to judgement.
    Yup, I can admit when I'm wrong, now, if I could just get my wife to believe that.........
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Apologies....-002s.jpg  

mtbr member
    Congrats! Also coming from a v1 One to the v2, I can relate with your initial observations. Not sure if you have had any issues with the lower BB height...it took some getting used to for me at least, but is easy to get used to and becomes a non-issue for trail riding. The slacker HA is also a nice difference.

mtbr member
    The BB height isn't an issue. I had a Santa Cruz Bullit for 10 years before I bought V1. Once I got my first One, it was so much lower that I just perfected the ratchet technique and timing my pedal strokes. I have an angleset on order and I am sure it will tighten up the bike a bit for me.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Lovin' what I'm hearing

I was originally going to sell my Angleset to get the VP unit, but now I think I will put it on the wife's V1 to slow down the steering. With a 150mm fork and 6.5" rear, it feels too steep to me. The wife adapted but I bet it will help her confidence if the steering is slower and less tuck prone. Especially at speed.
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs

mtbr member
    Just installed a set today at +1 degree, and now that it's a ZS bottom I'm thinking it'll be around 65.5. The sun is shining, going of a test run now....

mtbr member

Angle

Cool. I have an external cup angleset coming so I can use the 1.5 cup. Hey, with the ZS and 1 degree, do you have enough fork crown clearance? And what fork do you have?

mtbr member
    Plenty clearance, 2011 Marz 66ti.

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Love mine at 66, nice to see folks paying attention to .5 deg, every tweak matters

Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    Just installed a set today at +1 degree, and now that it's a ZS bottom I'm thinking it'll be around 65.5. The sun is shining, going of a test run now....
    2011 Canfield ONE 200mm DH 35 pounds
    2010 Specialized Pitch 100% non stock 29 lbs
    Wife: 2009 Canfield ONE also 29 lbs