Thread: My 2012 Jedi

mtbr member

My 2012 Jedi

Finally done!!

Before:

After:

She's just a a hair over 37.4 lbs with Vector Coil and Ti spring. With Vector Air she drops to 36.54 lbs. Funny as she is actually .2lbs LIGHTER with Vector Air than my 2011 One, LOL (no thanks to Hammerschmidt).

Huge thanks to Chris/Sean for helping make this happen!

mtbr member
    Absolutely killer, same with camera skills!
    Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Amazing!!
    Any feedback on the XFusion rear shock? I know they offer a few different rear shocks, just interested to know why you chose the Xfusion over the others.

Canfield Brothers
    Man, that thing is baller!!! CONGRATS!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Dude ! We need some of that carbon wrap !!!!

That is supa trick SIR !!!

Nice work Christian !!

mtbr member
    Thanks guys!!

The CF wrap is a very cool protection wrap I had left over for a car application. It is thick, but not bulky and so far sticks great to clean tubing. It should be available at a vehicle shop that does 3M protection wrap.

The X-Fusion shock is fantastic. Still fiddling the Coil settings for the Jedi, but when I used it on my ONE it was awesome. I have also tried the Vector Air because it worked awesome on the ONE, and on the Jedi it is SO nice feeling and WAY easy to dial in. Plus lighter. Honestly I think the Vector Air will stay unless I can really fine tune the Vector Coil to give me that much better performance...but I think i'd be unable to tell a huge difference for my riding ability. The Air is really really nice.

The reason I went X-Fusion is because I wanted to try something different (Already have a Rocco Air which I really love but it is now staying on the One), and X-Fusion HQ is just 45 minutes or so away from me (used to be 20 before they moved!), they have been great with helping me out so I liked having something that could be easily serviced if needed. Plus when i tried their products I was really amazed at how great they were. Really awesome products coming out of their company.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kameraguy View Post
    Thanks guys!!

The CF wrap is a very cool protection wrap I had left over for a car application. It is thick, but not bulky and so far sticks great to clean tubing. It should be available at a vehicle shop that does 3M protection wrap.

The X-Fusion shock is fantastic. Still fiddling the Coil settings for the Jedi, but when I used it on my ONE it was awesome. I have also tried the Vector Air because it worked awesome on the ONE, and on the Jedi it is SO nice feeling and WAY easy to dial in. Plus lighter. Honestly I think the Vector Air will stay unless I can really fine tune the Vector Coil to give me that much better performance...but I think i'd be unable to tell a huge difference for my riding ability. The Air is really really nice.

The reason I went X-Fusion is because I wanted to try something different (Already have a Rocco Air which I really love but it is now staying on the One), and X-Fusion HQ is just 45 minutes or so away from me (used to be 20 before they moved!), they have been great with helping me out so I liked having something that could be easily serviced if needed. Plus when i tried their products I was really amazed at how great they were. Really awesome products coming out of their company.
    Your build pretty much sealed the deal for me choosing the Jedi for my next build for '13 season (if the world doesn't explode by then ).
    What size is your frame and how tall are you?

mtbr member
    WOW!!!! Sexy bike - awesome build. I love the blackout!

I am amazed that you can get a non-carbon DH bike to that weight - very impressive! Enjoy the ride.

mtbr member
    meSSican, right on! It's a small. I am 5'7". You know, I was struggling between getting a small or medium...I think it's a toss up as either would be fine for someone around 5'7-5'8. After throwing a leg over the Jedi, it seems a little shorter than the One of same size. If you like a shorter cockpit, small for sure. But medium is also probably fine if you want to be spread out more. Perhaps give the brothers a call and see what they think.

Dude!, thanks..yeah i was actually amazed myself. I was thinking it would come in around 39 lbs. Some area that probably helped are the Thomson masterpiece seatpost and clamp, Ti WTB Devo, Canfeld Race rims with Maxxis running as UST. I couldn't justify the e*thirteen LG+ crankset so did the AM/FR version. I guess things could get lighter if $$ allowed.

mtbr member
    I want to have sex with that bike
    "Nice bike...Take it off any sweet jumps?"

mtbr member
    I think that carbon wrap is the 3M Di-Noc...? I was looking at it for use on a used fork's lowers I bought for a build. Good to know it sticks well!
    Love the Vader look!
    Naysayers never apologize. Critics go to their grave thinking everyone else is wrong.
    ╭∩╮( . )╭∩╮

mtbr member
    I believe you are spot on. Yes, it sticks very well. So far no problems after dusty NorthStar riding! And I know it is working as there are already little knicks in it, but none that have penetrated thru

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JokerBoy View Post
    I want to have sex with that bike
    disturbing....but thanks!