Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
Results 201 to 209 of 209
  1. #201
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,086
    Nicely done. So you can't use the range adjustment on the derailleur to get the same limits as the knarps provide?

  2. #202
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gmats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,206
    Wow, Super nice!!! And a Turner DHR..........

  3. #203
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by aenema View Post
    Nicely done. So you can't use the range adjustment on the derailleur to get the same limits as the knarps provide?

    No the ajustement on the derailleur do not allow this specific tune.

  4. #204
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    42
    Whats happened to the 9t 10sp package? Not on the Canfield site anymore and cant see anything on the blog...

  5. #205
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gmats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses-31 View Post
    Whats happened to the 9t 10sp package? Not on the Canfield site anymore and cant see anything on the blog...
    Aloha Ulysses-31,

    I messaged them via FB the other week because I noticed the same thing. I have a set up and was interested in some information off of their site. Here's their reply...........

    Micro Drive & Guide-canfield_conv.jpg

  6. #206
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    42
    Ah Kool, cheers dude, that's good to know... Reading about the 9t 10sp it's sounds perfect for the yelli with a 30t up front.
    Running 11-36 & 30 on current bike and could do with a little more top end but don't want to loose the climbing gear

  7. #207
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gmats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,206
    Yes, that was exactly my intention. My set up is a 9-38 with a 29 (and 20 granny) front. I'm getting the same range as when I used my 13-38 9 speed and 20, 29, 42 front.

  8. #208
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    418
    Quote Originally Posted by gmats View Post
    Yes, that was exactly my intention. My set up is a 9-38 with a 29 (and 20 granny) front. I'm getting the same range as when I used my 13-38 9 speed and 20, 29, 42 front.
    9-38..

    is that supposed to be 9-36? I don't know of any compatible cassettes with a 38t, I thought 36 was the largest production.

    I, too, have a 9t hub and would hate to see it go bye-bye. I LOVE the range I get with it and refuse to put a front der back on!

    On a side note I just installed a mid cage der and the WTC 42t. I have a range of 9-42, but I can tell it doesn't shift very well already. Chain length is good and all the adjustments are solid, but it has a hard time getting up the large gap in the middle and then going back down it has a hard time not skipping a gear. We'll see how it works on the trails this weekend..

  9. #209
    mtbr member
    Reputation: gmats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    2,206
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    9-38..

    is that supposed to be 9-36? I don't know of any compatible cassettes with a 38t, I thought 36 was the largest production.
    Yes, really 9-38.

    I dissected an SLX 11-34 cassette, added a 38 tooth Ti Action Tec cog on the end and that's what I put together.

    I outlined it with this post:
    My Version of a 2x10

    I am going to experiment with this:
    Cassette Adapter 28-40

    The situation is with the 27.5 wheels it's about a gear higher (harder) than with the 26" wheels. The 40 might put it right about right.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •