Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
    mtbr member

It's arrived!

This is what was waiting at the doorstep when I arrived home this afternoon. At 340g's I'm pretty impressed with the weight. In comparison the Hope Evo that had was going to be a place holder weighed 310 grams and a Hadley has a claimed weight of 360 grams.

The 80 gram conversion cluster is a smooth piece of machinery. It adapts securely with its adopted SLX family. For out of the box impressions I'm again impressed.

It'll all be laced to a Mavic EN521 via DT double butted spokes tomorrow. It's been a long time waiting. The hub finally complement's the XO DH's sporting a 28t Bling ring and the Microguide. I'm over the moon!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Micro Drive & Guide-bike-parts-62.jpg  

Micro Drive & Guide-bike-parts-63.jpg  

Micro Drive & Guide-bike-parts-64.jpg  

Old enough to know better, too old to give a F$cK

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by flymybike View Post
    And Sram has removable spider cranks too. I have the X9 with a 28 tooth on my Nimble 9.
    That the non micro guide working with a 28? Thought they only went down to 32?
    Scott Genius 910 tricked out as much as I could without getting a divorce

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bigcrs View Post
    It's Arrived!
    that's awesome man. the cogs are nicely made aren't they? have fun on your new set up!
    "Mi amor Nuevo Miércoles!"

-cabra cadabra

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Thanks Calhoun and bigcrs for showing us some pics... keep the ride reports coming! The 28/11-36 would be my choice so I'm interested to see how it goes. Fortunately/unfortunately I just got a proprietary wheelset I like (crossmax sx) so I don't think this will happen for me for a year or two unless mavic makes some kind of conversion.

I'm kind of surprised more companies aren't making compatible pieces as this really seems like a step forward but I guess it's still pretty fringe at this point? Hopefully we see more along these lines at euro and interbike.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Calhoun View Post
    I have been able to put some miles on the set up and I am really digging it.

I got to check this setup out first-hand last weekend - Canfield has a very nice product with this one. Talk about anticipating market trends and setting the way - I could definitely see running this setup over the 35t 1x9 setup I have now.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009
    Anybody use with 29er?

Send from Tapatalk via GalaxyTab

mtbr member
    now that middleburn stopped making the ISIS rs7 crank arms, what other cool options do we have to a 28t compatible crank?
    '12 Canfield One! - f\/ck yeah!
    '12 Canfield brothers Jedi F1 - so fast im back in time

G_g
    mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Sram cranks, bmx cranks, middleburn with the x-type axle and i guess there are other options that I forgot

mtbr member
    SRAM spiderless cranks & MRP's Blingring's.

mtbr member
    gonna try Shimanos new XT cranks without the spider

28t with 9-36 is just what the ONE is asking for

mtbr member
    Are the XT's a current model and what ring manufacture (other than thief'n Homebrewed) provides a 28t for Shimano?

And you'd want to be certain that a Shimano setup jives with MRPs Microguide.

mtbr member
    why not go with the Homebrewed chainring?
    the XT is the latest model fc-m780
    i wouldnt care for a MRP microguide, i just cnc the chainguide myself and retrofit aftermarket bash and guide

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
    why not go with the Homebrewed chainring?
    Before you send any money to Homebrewed checkout the single speed forum. It'll shed a little light on HBC.

mtbr member
    cool
    thank you for the advice!

7MGTE
    Before you send any money to Homebrewed checkout the single speed forum. It'll shed a little light on HBC.
    Agreed. Took me 4 months to get my 28 tooth from them. Great price but I wish they charged a little more to hire people. I would pay more if I did not have to wait months to get one.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by katsooba View Post
    gonna try Shimanos new XT cranks without the spider

28t with 9-36 is just what the ONE is asking for
    Does the new model XT cranks have a removable spider? and if so, what kind of chainring would fit it, say, in a 28-32t to play along with the MRP micro guide?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by supramk388 View Post
    Agreed. Took me 4 months to get my 28 tooth from them. Great price but I wish they charged a little more to hire people. I would pay more if I did not have to wait months to get one.
    I placed an $65 order around late March, still waiting. No actually, I've given up, it makes my blood boil when I think about it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRage43 View Post
    Does the new model XT cranks have a removable spider? and if so, what kind of chainring would fit it, say, in a 28-32t to play along with the MRP micro guide?
    As is seems, yes, i still did not put my hands on the new xt crank but if you look closely at its pictures, seems all cranks slx and up excluding saing and zee have removable spiders

Dr. Pepper drinker
    I placed an $65 order around late March, still waiting. No actually, I've given up, it makes my blood boil when I think about it.
    Check out their facebook page for more info, sounds like he's been dealing with some major stress related health issues to go along with some manufacturing problems. Apparently still under docs orders to not being working on the orders but is anyways to get them out. He said everything from August and earlier will be going out in the next week or so. Looking forward to the ring and bash I ordered back in the spring, I figured they were never coming at this point. Despite the delays and lack of contact I'm hoping for the best for the guy, sounds like a one man operation that got overwhelmed and then blew up in his face. Hopefully he bumps prices and reduces volume to come through it all, he made some mention of trying to streamline operations, outsourcing anodizing, and trying to make it work. Despite the delays and no contact it's tough to hate on a guy that was trying to make some cool, innovative products. Despite the headaches this time, I may even order again if he sorts it out.
    Sipping the Knolly Whisquillappa

Canfield Brothers
    I spoke to MRP this week and the 28t rings are back in stock!
    Mountain Racing Products | MRP Bling Ring Chainrings

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I love my 28T Bling Ring but decided to pick up a 30T and found that MRP is backordered again till the end of Feb. I found a new option with North Shore Billet. They have 27T-36T in even and odd numbers except for 35T in stock. Just thought I'd let you guys know there's another option out there. I'll let you know how the quality is and how it compares to the MRP once I get it.

1×10 Direct Mount Chainrings « North Shore Billet

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Interested to see what the chainline is like with those NSB rings, they list them as 48mm - which is fairly narrow. I like the graphics.
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP
    TECH QUESTIONS HERE: INFO@MRPBIKE.COM

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by xpeppyx View Post
    I love my 28T Bling Ring but decided to pick up a 30T and found that MRP is backordered again till the end of Feb. I found a new option with North Shore Billet. They have 27T-36T in even and odd numbers except for 35T in stock. Just thought I'd let you guys know there's another option out there. I'll let you know how the quality is and how it compares to the MRP once I get it.

1×10 Direct Mount Chainrings « North Shore Billet
    I've been keeping an eye on NSB for sometime, ever since they announced that they were going to do a spiderless ring. Pretty nice look'n, nice range to choose from.

Wonder why they recommend the Lopes for a guide, especially for anything under 32t? Maybe it has something to with spacing.... The one they have pictured is a 29t w/Lopes guide.

perpetual pucker factor
    Just ordered a 28T from NSB. Fingers crossed!
    tangaroo: What electrolytes do chicken and turkey have again?
    rck18: All of them, because they're meat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by charging_rhinos View Post
    Just ordered a 28T from NSB. Fingers crossed!
    You gonna use that with Micro guide?

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast